The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dustyrai
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 2 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes

Thread: Hello

Newby

Hello

G'day, how's it goin?
    I'm an Aussie bloke very new to Thai dreaming. I know very little about the site and discovered it by pure chance off google.
    Just thought I'd introduce myself.
    I'm heading to Thailand for 15 days end of January.
    Staying in Bkk for 4 nights up soi 20 end of Sukhumvit Rd. If anyone has any recommendations for good bars that way it would be appreciated.
    Also heading to Pattaya for 7 days after with another 4 nights not booked yet.
    Cheers
    Distantpeak likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Soi 20 area is a great choice if you never been

On the opposite side of the street is Soi Cowboy for go go bars

If you are into a bit more upmarket for a night there is a great restaurant/lounge not far walk from you called Long Table

Also if you like to eat nice meals download the app EatIgo for great discounts

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Welcome dustyrai.
    Can't give you current info bars as it has been a couple of years since in Bangkok.
    But enjoy your trip, we may just overlap a bit as I will be in Patts from the 14th Feb.

Sounds like you have been before Dusty... 55

Soi 31/33 area of Sukhunvit is my favourite area of the Suk... enjoy...
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Welcome dustyrai, hope you have a great trip.

What part of Oz are you from?

As far as recomendations go depends what you are looking for.

Some nice roof top bars around Bangers or you could check out something like Barbar
    Fetish club in Bangkok - BarBar Patpong Soi 2 - Bangkok Thailand - Mistress and BDSM Club

Up to you..............

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    just a BTS stop away (or an easy 10-12 mins walk) is Soi 4 Nana with the Nana Entertainment Plaza...another full on gogo area with loads of people watching bars where you can just sit and watch the weirdo show or BF your favourite waitress...Big Dogs at the entrance to NEP, Morning Night Bar, Bar 4 and the 2 Hilary Bars are good examples

My favourite along the SUK is soi 11...lots of more upmarket bars and clubs along here...Above Eleven at Frazer suites is an excellent Rooftop Bar...Havana Social, Nest, Levels Nightclub, Oskars and The Sugar Club...well worth a visit
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    just a BTS stop away (or an easy 10-12 mins walk) is Soi 4 Nana with the Nana Entertainment Plaza...another full on gogo area with loads of people watching bars where you can just sit and watch the weirdo show or BF your favourite waitress...Big Dogs at the entrance to NEP, Morning Night Bar, Bar 4 and the 2 Hilary Bars are good examples

My favourite along the SUK is soi 11...lots of more upmarket bars and clubs along here...Above Eleven at Frazer suites is an excellent Rooftop Bar...Havana Social, Nest, Levels Nightclub, Oskars and The Sugar Club...well worth a visit
    Above 11 yep for sure we love that place but Nels when was the last time you went to Nest? A few years back it was great but we went earler in the year and was about 10 people including us.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Above 11 yep for sure we love that place but Nels when was the last time you went to Nest? A few years back it was great but we went earler in the year and was about 10 people including us.
    It has its nights when they have a decent DJ and promotion going on...and I still go there quite often when in town...I have a TG friend who is a regular there so I guess we mostly go when there is something special going on...

TBH I quite like Lazing about out on the deck there when there are not many folks about...but you need to bring your own company..its not really a pick-up joint...same goes for Above 11 really
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    It has its nights when they have a decent DJ and promotion going on...and I still go there quite often when in town...I have a TG friend who is a regular there so I guess we mostly go when there is something special going on...

TBH I quite like Lazing about out on the deck there when there are not many folks about...but you need to bring your own company..its not really a pick-up joint...same goes for Above 11 really
    I did take my own company............I do that these days........55
    bacwaan and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I did take my own company............I do that these days........55
    And YOUR present company beats most all other "company" by a country mile. 555

Welcome to the forum, Dustyrai. With so little time and so much to see, you are going to be busy just getting a portion of it done. Don't get too drunk and you will do just fine.
    OZZYGUY likes this.