The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Hello all.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by bootyhun View Post
    Bunnygee,
    Thanks for the reality check. Have just read through your post and advice taken on board. I guess when you have been alone for as long as I have - nearly 10 years now and just focusing on work and not much else, it is easy to get excited about a pretty young girl sending me photos and telling me that we can have a great time together and she will take care of me while I am there. Plus at the age of 54, it is nice to be told that I am a good looking man and to have a young cutie tell you that she is looking forward to spending time with you. In the excitement of getting this trip planned, I may have been guilty of being blinded by my own unrealistic expectations of what I am looking for when I get there. I have read several articles by guys who have written about how they have been caught up and pinned by a lovely thai girl only to be bled dry and left hanging. That is certainly not my intention and your comments are greatly appreciated. I guess I do not really know what to expect when I get there. Will take on board the various comments and suggestions as posted here to support and help me and just enjoy my first holiday there and stop looking to get things organised and planned before I actually get there. Unfortunately, this is something I have difficulty in letting go of due to my commitment to my business over the years where planning and organisation are the key factors. Perhaps a little less excited and more realistic might be a good approach.
    You have already done yourself the biggest of favours in signing up and contributing to a forum such as this. I wish I had had this wealth of knowledge, experience and even opinion available to me, prior to my first visit. I had to learn of the (relatively few) pitfalls and (even fewer) downsides to the Land of Smiles through experience or first-hand observation of others. But I can assure you I feel safer and more comfortable here than almost anywhere else in the world, much safer than even my place of upbringing which has become something of a hell-hole from what was once considered a veritable paradise for the underclass, within which I was dragged up.

But you allude to "control" and "planning" making up much of your day to day life.

This is a HOLIDAY!!!

Plan to not "fall in love" (and stick to it).

But that's all. The rest will take care of itself and you'll soon realise that swimming with the current gets you a darned site further than against, or across, it in Thailand.

Oh, and............. did I tell you to pack your best smile?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Bootyhun not sure if anyone mentioned the "one night rule". On a first trip this is someting you should concider.

Take a girl for one night, no longer no matter how much she says she likes you.

Next night repeat with a differant girl.

Your first trip will be a lot safer and you will avoid all these falling in lust storys.

Once you get the hang of it sure try 2 nights. maybe next trip.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Tez
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Bootyhun not sure if anyone mentioned the "one night rule". On a first trip this is someting you should concider.

Take a girl for one night, no longer no matter how much she says she likes you.

Next night repeat with a differant girl.

Your first trip will be a lot safer and you will avoid all these falling in lust storys.

Once you get the hang of it sure try 2 nights. maybe next trip.
    I wish I had known about the one night rule he he I could of avoided so much drama But then I didn't know about short-time, long-time bar fines etc either I was on my trip for a dental appointment Left there on my birthday because my now ex-wife because she had concert tickets. I cant hate her now Ha ha ha ha ha.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Too many rules ... 555

its a holiday , enjoy it , if you find a girl that performs well , no reason not to take her again
    OZZYGUY and BunnyGee like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Actually you make a very good point. But then I think TD is a sort of cult. And we should embrace that. We have our God (Thailand) and we gather to worship her... or if not worship her.... at least talk about her... her faults, her good points, her parasites, her secrets, her future....

God dammit... I'm DP and I'm a Thai'holic...

I feel better now.
    but you gotta be in the top echelon to have the real initiation fun here...

Distantpeak likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Too many rules ... 555

its a holiday , enjoy it , if you find a girl that performs well , no reason not to take her again
    On the next trip......55
    Distantpeak likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234