The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Hello all.

Cadet Gold

Hello all.

Hi, I just joined and felt it polite to introduce myself.

I'm just shy of 60 and discovered Thailand 15 or so years ago, following a divorce, on the advice of a pal who had done similar.

Best advice I ever took.

Living in UK but hoping to retire to LOS.

Interested to learn more from the lads and lasses on here.

Kop khun krap.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB BunnyGee. Get amongst it here, and I am sure you will learn heaps, and with 15 years under your belt, I expect you will have plenty to share as well.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Welcome BG I am sure that you will find some interesting stuff here as well as having a few stories of your own.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Welcome Bg ! I am sure there are more than a few that can help you along the way !
    !qq!

Liberal Conservative Distantpeak's Avatar
    Hey BunnyGee... are you still single? If so.. well done... 55

Where in Thailand do you think you'll end up retiring to?
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Immortality to follow within 5 years...

Banned
    These welcome threads come off to me as some weird cult like thing to me.

Very very odd.
    Tingtong and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Welcome BG

When are you planing on the retirment?

Liberal Conservative Distantpeak's Avatar
    ^You should try attending the welcome ceremony itself... everyone dressed in black, wearing anonymous masks... holding "like" buttons as tea cups... all while the poor newbie wrestles with a snake... no wonder very few make it past the gate...
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Immortality to follow within 5 years...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    These welcome threads come off to me as some weird cult like thing to me.

Very very odd.
    You are one strange social duck 5555

It's just like someone coming into a group introducing themselves, would you not say hello?
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Hey BunnyGee... are you still single? If so.. well done... 55

Where in Thailand do you think you'll end up retiring to?
    Somewhere relatively quiet but within walking distance of a general store and a bar or three (I'm a good walker so a mile or thereabouts is no problem).

Not slap bang in a town but only a short drive, at most, from some proper nightlife.

I used to want to live right on top of the action but find myself less tolerant towards too much noise, as the years have passed (I find Thai discos have insufferably uncomfortable noise levels and have never really been into agogos - I prefer to unwrap the goods myself than know exactly what I have to look forward to ).
    Distantpeak, Rivo, OZZYGUY and 1 others like this.

Tez
    Welcome welcome 15 yrs you must have a favorite place then. Is it mountains beach or the middle of nowhere. Personally I like the mountains best . Unless you have a special lady stashed away in every city like some people here

Cadet Gold
    There must be water.

Sea, river or lake.

Mountain lowlands are good as never so hot nor so cold as the plains.

Plus, you don't get flooded.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    You are one strange social duck 5555

It's just like someone coming into a group introducing themselves, would you not say hello?
    No I wouldn't, an evidently neither would you as I noticed you only responded to my post to call me strange, but didn't drink the kool-aid yourself, why is that?

Tell me a social situation in real life that this would happen outside a cult?

If you don't mind can you please help this duck out as I don't get it (apparently), So what you are telling me is when you walk into a bar/restaurant/club/social gathering etc for the first time, you make a public announcement to everyone there, "I'm Mac26 from Boston, I am XX years old, I been going to Thailand for XX years, I am married to a Thai for XX years, I have a dog, work in XXXX and currently living wherever."

And every turns and says "Hello Marc26, welcome to wherever, you will learn a lot here and maybe have some interesting stories to tell"

And this is what you do everytime in the same situation?

Yeah not cult like at all 555, I am glad that I am seen as one strange social duck to you and Ozzyguy.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Cadet Gold
    No I wouldn't, an evidently neither would you as I noticed you only responded to my post to call me strange, but didn't drink the kool-aid yourself, why is that?

Tell me a social situation in real life that this would happen outside a cult?

If you don't mind can you please help this duck out as I don't get it (apparently), So what you are telling me is when you walk into a bar/restaurant/club/social gathering etc for the first time, you make a public announcement to everyone there, "I'm Mac26 from Boston, I am XX years old, I been going to Thailand for XX years, I am married to a Thai for XX years, I have a dog, work in XXXX and currently living wherever."

And every turns and says "Hello Marc26, welcome to wherever, you will learn a lot here and maybe have some interesting stories to tell"

And this is what you do everytime in the same situation?

Yeah not cult like at all 555, I am glad that I am seen as one strange social duck to you and Ozzyguy.
    Stop being so angry, mush.

The thread has only had around a couple of dozen folk or so even be bothered to read it, let alone respond. And you are one of those who didn't just read it but responded which suggests to me you are one very lonely individual - given that the entire premise of its content was a mere "hello".

Why are you so uptight? Why are you so lonely. Could the two be related?

Chill, motherlover.
    Cashpoint and Cuzzy like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGee View Post
    Stop being so angry, mush.

The thread has only had around a couple of dozen folk or so even be bothered to read it, let alone respond. And you are one of those who didn't just read it but responded which suggests to me you are one very lonely individual - given that the entire premise of its content was a mere "hello".

Why are you so uptight? Why are you so lonely. Could the two be related?

Chill, motherlover.
    No wonder you have such a problem dealing with soi dogs, your situational understanding is very under developed.

Cadet Gold
    No wonder you have such a problem dealing with soi dogs, your situational understanding is very under developed.
    I'm alive.

Why not join me?

I am glad that I am seen as one strange social duck to you and Ozzyguy.
    Did I say that? shit my memory is getting bad since turning 50.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Did I say that? shit my memory is getting bad since turning 50.
    I took it as inferred by your "like", but then again you may have just been a bit click happy 555.

I took it as inferred by your "like", but then again you may have just been a bit click happy 555.
    Oh.......55

I liked it for this part

I think the welcome thread is important. It lets the newbie tell us who he is or a bit about his LOS expirence.

In return we get to welcome them and ask all sorts of questions. It shits me when people take the piss on a new member and can turn them away within a few posts.

New members should be made welcome got plenty of time to take the piss once we know them.
    kaptainrob likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast