The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Hello

Newby

Hello

Hi.... New to the forum now however, have spent a bit of time previously reading over past thread with great interest... Relationship section of much interest for me... I have been to Thailand 6 times and have had 2 failed attempts of finding and holding onto love there... I shoul think in coming times I will be a regular around here... 😊

WTTB Cobba.
    What part of Aus are you from and where in LOS do like to visit most?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Welcome Cobba,

Assumeing from Australia?

Sorry about the 2 failed attempts maybe you are looking at the wrong sort of gale.

Hey Cobba

Welcome and good luck with finding a tg. There's plenty of good ones around. Maybe your looking in the wrong places

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    There are no guarantees in love no matter what country you are from. Welcome to the forum, Cobba. I've been visiting Thailand for over 20 years and learned a thing or two... including about myself. Ask legitimate questions, contribute a bit and you will have fun here.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Cobba,

The BM's here have a wealth of relationship experience and the good thing is they share it willingly and without any judgement of you.

Get your post count up to go to a higher level and a lot of threads will open for you.

Cheers
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Liberal Conservative Distantpeak's Avatar
    Welcome Cobba... and remember there is no such thing as two failed attempts... you got lucky.. twice! Now life is still exciting... enjoy.
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Immortality to follow within 5 years...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Welcome Cobba... and remember there is no such thing as two failed attempts... you got lucky.. twice! Now life is still exciting... enjoy.
    Words of wisdom!

Reaching the destination is the end of the journey!

WTTB Cobba..

Keep posting, Cobba. When you get to the next level you've got a couple good months of reading when you can see Chob's posts.

Welcome Cobba! These board members will provide some great feedback, so you've come to the right place - enjoy!

Newby
    Thanks all.... Both girls off a dating site. First girl ended fast after one visit to Thailand. Not a great deal of money wasted. Second girl lasted 18 months and two trips to Thailand for. At first meet, had feelings she was a money girl but ignored those feelings and proceeded..... Almost ready to get her over on an Aus travel visa and she tells me she wants me to pay for Surin home renovations for the parents before she comes. I have been to the home and they live poor.... dirt floor in home... I work construction so requires a lot of work ang money.

This one cost me More money than the first (prob $8k au) but it’s not the money that bothers me, it’s the time and effort wasted that hurts the most.... As most are aware, before visa is granted for Thai girl, immigration want to see a good history of being together with a history of interacting....

Now back to square one and start looking again..

Oh.... Yes, I live Sydney
    OZZYGUY likes this.

^Cobba... stop looking... and ye shall find...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^Cobba... stop looking... and ye shall find...
    Some truth to that. There is something gained with EVERY investment... even if it is just the knowledge that you've helped someone who needed helping.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Keep posting, Cobba. When you get to the next level you've got a couple good months of reading when you can see Chob's posts.
    Itíll take you at least two months to read Forbesí posts! And donít get me started on DPís.

Anyway the solution to your problem lies in Pattaya. At the end of Walking Street there is a small hill (called Bush Mountain). It has many comely maidens and is economically priced. As you read through Forbesí posts you will find a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    It’ll take you at least two months to read Forbes’ posts! And don’t get me started on DP’s.

Anyway the solution to your problem lies in Pattaya. At the end of Walking Street there is a small hill (called Bush Mountain). It has many comely maidens and is economically priced. As you read through Forbes’ posts you will find a thread about it.

I don't start many posts of my own. I just comment on other people's posts. 555

I think your Bush Mountain post was a classic and stands alone. But, it might scare off our new member, though. 555

However, our new member Cobba did mention he had been to Thailand 6 times, so that tells me he is probably quite familiar with Pattaya and the seedier parts of Thailand.

And, speaking of the two "failed" relationships. I don't call them failures. I call them learning experiences... and reasonably cheap by many standards. Many guys here spend more on fancy hotels, fine dining, and a couple nights boozing than some of us do on the ladies.

Newby
    I have never been to Pattaya... I have been to Bangla road Phuket and Nana Bangkok... I have never gone there for the ladies, just for a look to say I have seen it. I have never been with a bar girl... My first girlfriend had an office job BBK...the second girlfriend had a pretty good job as a manager in an electrical distributor, earning between 17-24 k/month depending on hours. Now, between the two, I have got a big list of friends of friends fb that I chat with. I am thinking of heading over August where I will line up min 4 to meet and to assess what to look for in them... plenty of time before hand to do my homework on fb 555((

My advice is to "sample" a bit of what Pattaya offers just so you can make valid comparisons. There is more to Pattaya than just the bar ladies, although they are a good part of what makes up the "vib".

Understand that Thailand is NOT like western cultures. The women, as attractive as they are, are different. They are far closer to family than the outside world. In a way, Thailand is a maternal country run by a paternal system. Men might run the country, but women look after home and family. Unlike many nearby Asian countries, Thai women seem to have closer ties to their mother and siblings. If you marry one then you have to concede to supporting her mother and family in Thailand. Many do not feel the need to learn anything more than just the basic English, if that.

I meet many Chinese in Thailand that speak very good English, and far better than most of the Thais I meet in Thailand. Chinese, Japanese, Koreans and people from the Philippines come to Canada in great numbers. Not so much the Thais.

These are just my personal observations after 20 years visiting Thailand and the Philippines. If I was intent on having a permanent relationship with an Asian woman then I would probably pick a Filipina.
    OZZYGUY and retdent like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post
    I have never been to Pattaya... I have been to Bangla road Phuket and Nana Bangkok... I have never gone there for the ladies, just for a look to say I have seen it. I have never been with a bar girl... My first girlfriend had an office job BBK...the second girlfriend had a pretty good job as a manager in an electrical distributor, earning between 17-24 k/month depending on hours. Now, between the two, I have got a big list of friends of friends fb that I chat with. I am thinking of heading over August where I will line up min 4 to meet and to assess what to look for in them... plenty of time before hand to do my homework on fb 555((
    I hope you mean a minimum of 4 per bar... 55

You'll be surprised what type of girls are working in bars... many of them have been shop assistants, managers, even doctors and consultant surgeons... at least that's what she told me when she put on her white coat.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Cobba,

I was born and raised in Sydney, Northern Beaches then bought out west at Greystanes.

There are lots of Thai ladies in Sydney, have you looked at getting involved with someone local? advantage is they mostly can speak English, no need for visa's and understand our culture a bit.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

PGC
    Having tried it twice, perhaps its time for a different approach. I must admit I've never understood the Guys who go to Thailand with the express intent of meeting and falling in love with someone. The Thai dating agencies who flourish on the back of guys who come with this intent are rubbing their hands together. As DP said you find somebody when you stop looking. Same goes in Thailand. Stop looking, enjoy a holiday and see what happens.
    PeteGill and Ian Forbes like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast