The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: New to the forum and 7 weeks until I fly over to Thailand

Newby

New to the forum and 7 weeks until I fly over to Thailand

Hi, I'm Richard, and I am from Venice Florida. (in-between Tampa and Ft. Myers on the West Coast). I have a friend who planted the idea of traveling to Thailand for fun, adventure, and girls... and all the other wrong reasons to go. So, I started watching YouTube videos and caught the "bug". I did what anyone else would do, I ordered my passport and started saving for the flight over. I had planned the trip so that my friend would be going along too. by the time I had purchased the tickets my friend backed out completely, because he wanted to visit some cute girl in China. So, what to do?? I did what anyone else would do, I found a Thai dating site. after all watching lots of youtubers and getting really bad advice. I knew what I was looking for. I only lasted 4 days on Thai Friendly and wasted $40 i8n the process, I wound up with the 3rd girl who actually picked me, and I am a very lucky guy! But, before I tell that story.. the 1st girl was in Bangkok, she didn't speak any english but introduced me to the Line App. very useful, she became frustrated and dumped me within 4 hours. a few hours later I had #2. a R.N. from Issan, once again same issue.. no English, and no time for me either.. on the 4th day. I was contacted by "the one". she knew some english and things just fell into place for us, she is middle class, owns a shop, drives a hilux and has an education and is very smart and funny. not to mention very beautiful as well. I have no idea why she was on Thai Friendly for over 2 years though? So, now It's been over 2 months that we've been together, every morning and every night we either video call or text back and forth. We are both very happy with each other. I have about 7 weeks until I fly over, most of my vacation has been reserved and paid for (hotels and flights). and We have a lot of places to see while I'm there. So, I fly out of Ft, Myers Florida, to Atlanta, catch another flight to Inchon then from Inchon to BKK. I land around 11:35pm.. then I have 6-8 hours delay to get to DMK for a flight out to Udon Thani early in the morning. I'm worried about transportation that late at night between airports. I'm not sure what transportation service will be available at that late hour? This will also be my longetest trip in an airplane. So far my longest flight was from Tampa to LAX. So, after a few days in Udon Thani, we're off to Chaing Mai. she made arrangements for us that I was not able to do online. (she wants me to expierance thai life) So, I wired her money. And she came through for us! Our flight and hotels are all covered in Chaing Mai. Then, two weeks later her truck battery died, I felt bad for her..So, I wired her the money for a new battery, and she got upset with me. I honestly believe that is when you know you have the right woman in your life. Back to the trip, from Chaing Mai we're off to Bangkok for 4 days, I will meet her son who is 17 and I need to find a buffett style dinner cruise on the river, I am open to any suggestions. After Bangkok We're headed for Phuket and 3 nights in Kamala Beach. Then, it's back to Udon for a few days, then I fly home. There is so much more to this story. It's been an amazing adventure so far. One night, I took my mother out to dinner and my Thai girlfriend video calls me, My mom and her spent 15-20 minutes on the phone. 2 days later when I called Mom asking the whereabouts of the luggage which happens to be missing in action since our last move. right after that, out of nowhere My Mom tells me that I need to marry that girl. which blew my mind since she's hated all my other girlfriends in the past. The other funny thing that happened and still makes me laugh when I think about it. I did a video call with her and her friends. the one friend telling me that Quote: You need to come right now, she needs you bad!" after going through all that and saying goodbye, 2 minutes later I get a text message saying she is sad because all her friends like me more than her. I had to defuse that situation and remind her that since we are now a couple.. that they are "our" friends.. and she was happy about that. I have learned a lot from all this, My eyes are finally open to just how Bad/Sick American society has become. So many self-entitled idiots who are selfish, self-centered and self-serving, and yet have nothing to offer in a relationship, it's more like what can you do for me now or can you buy me this? I was eating dinner with a friend of mine, telling him all about how wonderful my Thai girlfriend has been, about all the planning of our vacation. no disagreements, no issues, we work together as a team..and while doing so in a Mexican resturant, not caring who was listening in to our conversation I basically told him that had this been an American girl, we would have had 3 fist fights, 7 verbal altercations and that the Beotch wouldn't be talking to me right now. He laughed so hard that Coca-Cola ran out of his nose. He too had been through a nasty divorce. One last item before closing this post. I had the same discussion with another one of my long time friends who is also divorced but has a live in girlfriend for the last 20 years. I was talking to him and she was listening in very intently, she became very angry with me and felt insulted.. she basically lost face and demanded an apology from me. So, I did. (even though I didn't mean a word of it.) but later, I realized that she probably got angry because she realized that she is just as guilty and was afraid that her boyfriend might open his eyes to her B.S. as well. Well, that's my story. I know it was long. but.. it's been one hell of an adventure that's only just begun.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Firstly: Welcome to the board Richard.

Secondly: Holy wall of text Batman!!

Thirdly: Oh boy... where to start. You're definitely in for an adventure, I can guarantee you that much. Just ummm.. err, you know what? Never mind. Go for it! You'll be fine.

You'll find a ton of info here and the opportunity to ask questions. Just about all of us have been going to Thailand for years and a few people here live there permanently. So no shortage of knowledge. Just keep posting and more of the forum will soon open to you.

And for the love of god man! Paragaphs!
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Newby
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Firstly: Welcome to the board Richard.

Secondly: Holy wall of text Batman!!

Thirdly: Oh boy... where to start. You're definitely in for an adventure, I can guarantee you that much. Just ummm.. err, you know what? Never mind. Go for it! You'll be fine.

You'll find a ton of info here and the opportunity to ask questions. Just about all of us have been going to Thailand for years and a few people here live there permanently. So no shortage of knowledge. Just keep posting and more of the forum will soon open to you.

And for the love of god man! Paragaphs!
    Sorry, I was afraid to use the enter key. I thought It would Prematurely post. lol
    justcruzing1 and Tingtong like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Stop sending Her money Now ....And Google "sick Buffalo " Re Battery .
    And have a good trip Mate .
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Hi Richard, welcome to the board.

Two years on thai friendly, lucky she hasn't met anyone serious yet.

what does her shop sell?
    Last edited by OzzyDamo; 10th August 2018 at 15:03.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Thai Friendly is free.
    2 years on there and not met someone... she's either picky or there's more going on than what meets the eye.

Good luck.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Thai Friendly is free.
    2 years on there and not met someone... she's either picky or there's more going on than what meets the eye.

Good luck.
    The account could have just been inactive for a long time. Who knows.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Welcome Richard.

I hope I am very wrong but all the below is extreamly commen with scams.

Number one rule, DONT SEND MONEY well not to at least you meet and are in a proper relationship.

I have no idea why she was on Thai Friendly for over 2 years though

She made arrangements for us that I was not able to do online. (she wants me to expierance thai life) So, I wired her money.

, two weeks later her truck battery died, I felt bad for her..So, I wired her the money for a new battery, and she got upset with me.

I wound up with the 3rd girl who actually picked me,

, she is middle class, owns a shop, drives a hilux and has an education and is very smart and funny. not to mention very beautiful as well
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 10th August 2018 at 16:15.

Good luck Richard.

Liberal Conservative Distantpeak's Avatar
    I stopped reading after 3 sentences.. no paragraphs... too painful... can anyone summarise for me?

Then again unless it's about rugby, space or AI, I very rarely read any post longer than 4 or 5 lines... 55
    wabbits likes this.
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Immortality to follow within 5 years...

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I wired her the money for a new battery, and she got upset with me.
    I honestly believe that is when you know you have the right woman in your life
    When she asks for a new battery?
    That's new to me... is that a traditional thing?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Welcome Richard.

I hope I am very wrong but all the below is extreamly commen with scams.

Number one rule, DONT SEND MONEY well not to at least you meet and are in a proper relationship.

I have no idea why she was on Thai Friendly for over 2 years though

She made arrangements for us that I was not able to do online. (she wants me to expierance thai life) So, I wired her money.

, two weeks later her truck battery died, I felt bad for her..So, I wired her the money for a new battery, and she got upset with me.

I wound up with the 3rd girl who actually picked me,

, she is middle class, owns a shop, drives a hilux and has an education and is very smart and funny. not to mention very beautiful as well
    Seven weeks till they actually meet in person, maybe shes a good girl, time will tell!

thaifriendly | Team Antiscam
    Wonder how much hes forked out so far?
    OZZYGUY and Hatari like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i'd advise to be very very cautious if she offers to send you pics of "her" cock before you actually meet.!
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 10th August 2018 at 17:13.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    i'd advise to be very very cautious if she offers to send you pics of her cock before you actually meet.!
    I think she should have sent him a pic of the battery first before any pics of her cock 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    ^ You two should be ashamed of yourselves 5555

And Richard, don't let any girl use your shortened name in vain...

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Welcome Richard.......
    Early days so take it slowly(cha cha) and enjoy your holiday
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Two new BM both meeting their Thai ladies on internet dating sites... What happened to the good old days of going in to a bar on your first trip and falling in love with the first BG who smiled at you?
    I am feeling so antiquated 5555

I'm surprised modern kids even bother meeting TGs face to face at all... ever. Why not keep it virtual? Safer probably... 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Inchon to BKK. I land around 11:35pm.. then I have 6-8 hours delay to get to DMK for a flight out to Udon Thani early in the morning. I'm worried about transportation that late at night between airports. I'm not sure what transportation service will be available at that late hour?
    Transport to/from Don Mueang Airport
    To Distance Travel Time Transport Approximate Fare
    Suvarnabhumi Airport 47.5km 45 mins. – 2 hrs. Taxi THB 350
    1 – 2 hrs. Bus. 554 & 555 THB 35

The 555 bus is no joke ... used it once just under an hour; last taxi was from memory nearer 500 in 2016, but that's very much dependent upon the time of day/night

Bangkok Airport Public Taxi Service

Your arrival time means you won't get the free shuttle

Shuttle between Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang
    05:00 a.m. - Midnight
    Platform of Suvarnabhumi Airport Passenger Terminal 2nd Floor, Gate 3
    Free Service
    Last edited by Hatari; 10th August 2018 at 18:54.
    kaptainrob likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast