The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Another new Aussie member

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    Thanks everyone for the greetings, yep not totally sold on Thailand yet have been to Ho Chi Minh 12 months ago and going again in Feb 2019 the one thing I noticed in Thailand is the 1000 Baht notes were disappearing at a rate of knots,
    especially when visiting the beer bar area. I think Ao nang is as pricey as Phuket. Small bottles of Leo 100 BHT lady drinks 200 bht.
    Not to sure I will be marrying a Thai girl anytime soon I first got to find a good one.
    Good idea Ozzy Damo of going to Koh Lanta with a girl maybe next year I will give it a go Ive always wanted to go to Koh lanta
    I went to Koh Lanta in early November 2002 on my 1st trip to Thailand. was with my GF and we stayed towards the bottom of the island. At the time only about 2 or 3ks of bitumen road when you left Ban Daladan (local ferry port) and the rest only graded roads.
    Stayed at a place called Lanta Palace towards the bottom of the island, that at the time had its own beach (think that has changed since).
    No ATM at that part of the island (at that time), if you wanted money you had to go with the owner in the morning when he went up pick up the next lot of guests.

Lanta old town was like being in a time warp, but was well worth the visit.

If you want some sort of night life, stay at the beach at the top of the island, there is some good beach bars and at the time cheap accomodation on the front of the beach.

Bear in mind that normal passenger ferries only go from about Nov to April time, I think you can get there by car ferry the rest of the time, but would pay to check.
    In the time we were there, we had a great time and fully enjoyed ourselves.

16 Years on, I still think that going to Lanta Old Town, and the feel and pace of the island, would have to be the most authentique Thai place I have been to so far (especially if you like local spice strength in your food). No dummed down spice levels for the tourists)
    Not sure I would go back now as I feel that a lot of the island will be probably a lot more touristy, so perhaps lost a lot of its charm it had on the 1st trip there.
    Last edited by chelski; 23rd November 2018 at 00:33.

Platinum
    You will get great advice from the members here. Remember advice is their opinions and experiences on things and while guidance you need to make your own interpretations.

I had a yearning of retiring to Thailand but don’t think I would now as although great for a holiday or a longer trip isn’t the paradise I experienced in early trips but that is definitely from going so many times. It is getting way too expensive and some of the things I have seen makes me wonder could I live there.

One thing I would say is don’t put your life on hold while you save up for trips or dream about a life there. I have talked to loads of guys who literally don’t go out from one trip to the next. Also, although Australian girls don’t interest you, there are a lot of other nationalities on your doorstep from the most beautiful Colombians to the cheeky Thais. Have had a few friends who met the love of their lives in their own city and didn’t need to go flying around the world.
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    You will get great advice from the members here. Remember advice is their opinions and experiences on things and while guidance you need to make your own interpretations.

I had a yearning of retiring to Thailand but don’t think I would now as although great for a holiday or a longer trip isn’t the paradise I experienced in early trips but that is definitely from going so many times. It is getting way too expensive and some of the things I have seen makes me wonder could I live there.

One thing I would say is don’t put your life on hold while you save up for trips or dream about a life there. I have talked to loads of guys who literally don’t go out from one trip to the next. Also, although Australian girls don’t interest you, there are a lot of other nationalities on your doorstep from the most beautiful Colombians to the cheeky Thais. Have had a few friends who met the love of their lives in their own city and didn’t need to go flying around the world.
    Thats me.... Plenty of girls in Australia alreday, some will still need a visa.

I got a few buddys that were traveling to meet girls in Thailand & Philipines and now found one in Aust.

What does it mean when you no longer go out at home... no longer have an interest in meeting women... and even when you go to Thailand, you can't be arsed bar fining anyway... But would rather go to bed early and get up early for an early morning run along the Pattaya sea front... about the naughtiest thing I do now is get a massage... 55

Is it middle age? Does it get worse?
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    What does it mean when you no longer go out at home... no longer have an interest in meeting women... and even when you go to Thailand, you can't be arsed bar fining anyway... But would rather go to bed early and get up early for an early morning run along the Pattaya sea front... about the naughtiest thing I do now is get a massage... 55

Geez even Forebsie sounds like he was more exciting when your age.

I don't usually give this advise, but you should try drugs. In moderation of course.
    kaptainrob and Ian Forbes like this.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Geez even Forebsie sounds like he was more exciting when your age.

I don't usually give this advise, but you should try drugs. In moderation of course.
    You could be right... even my conservative friends who used to see me as a beacon of debauchery, see me as a lost cause...

And women I can't be bothered with at all... except in terms of a Cashpoint style 5 minute romance... and even then, it feels like an ordeal... 55

But the thing is, I am happier like this... clean living... looking after my sick parents has given me a new perspective on life... hold onto your health for as long as you can... and appreciate it more... cause you never know when dementia or worse may hit...

Now.. about those drugs... what do you recommend I start with?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Now.. about those drugs... what do you recommend I start with?
    Columbia's main export, along with plenty of alcohol.
    Distantpeak likes this.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Platinum
    ........... except in terms of a Cashpoint style 5 minute romance...
    Hey!!!

I had four LTs on my last trip!
    Distantpeak, Ian Forbes and Bacon like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    Hey!!!

I had four LTs on my last trip!
    Watch out, you must be getting Old.. 555555
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

Sounds almost like me except I just let the lady phone me when she wants to spend the night or go out for a meal.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post

Thanks Notorius this is a great piece of info I have been back in OZ for roughly 3 weeks and this yearning of going back there soon has almost gone the BG's I met are becoming a distant memory.
    I have booked to go to HCMC Vietnam in Feb 2019, I go out with friends back in Australia 3 times a week. I have always been sociable and in a position where money is not a real issue. I can see this position being dangerous in Thailand.
    But yep I did enjoy my time in Ao Nang and will most likely go again late next year I am also going to Phuket in June with a whole group of friends . I have been to Vietnam before the beer is heaps cheaper (in some bars i was paying 80c) woman are nice looking I have tried the dating sites for the first time, already met some nice girls there.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    well..there are a few pubs and clubs that have P4P and Freelancers in HCMC if you want to chance your luck whilst over there Khun Joca..however it has been my experience that it is not as friendly and easy going as the Thai model...

mai bpen rai..there are always the hairdressers for a sly wristy massage with BJ...the moto taxi lads know where to find them...555

Just did all that. Went to bed most nights before 9:30pm. Sitting at Chiang Mai airport right now and cannot wait to get back to Perth.

In saying that the last 8 days I had a blast.
    Distantpeak and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Just did all that. Went to bed most nights before 9:30pm. Sitting at Chiang Mai airport right now and cannot wait to get back to Perth.

Yah, but you were peddling your ass off in the mountains with good mates. I'm glad I did get to spend a few hours with you and Phil.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

I got drunk 1 night on my 11 day holiday
    Drank every day but only really hard one night

Even when I went away with Dupree, we drank every day but home by 12-1am

I enjoy my holidays so much more now........

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

I hardly ever get drunk these days especially if I'm in Los without my wife. I do bumb shit when drunk. My wife trusts me to go to Los alone and I don't want to do something I would regret later. I guess I don't trust myself....555

Even in Perth these days I don't drink a lot. I enjoy my days and as I'm getting older my hangovers seam to take more effect.
    Distantpeak and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

Welcome to middle age.!
    Distantpeak likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I remember when a young couple in their 20s referred to me as a middle aged man (when they were talking to someone else). I was horrified... as at the time I was barely 30....

I still don't think of myself as middle aged now... does anyone? ...55
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I remember when a young couple in their 20s referred to me as a middle aged man (when they were talking to someone else). I was horrified... as at the time I was barely 30....

When it comes to drinking,bar hopping and early nights instead of all that mallarky....yes.!
    Distantpeak likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

So if you dont see yourself as middle aged do you see yourself as old or young?

Couple of old storys about age,
    I had a young kid stand up and give me his seat on the train a year or so ago.....Farrrrk Im only 51 and in better shape that him.

My buddy has an adopted chinese daughter who is about 10, she once asked my wife to ask her dad (being me) if they could go over to the beach, guess she thought my wife was my adopted daughter....555

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast