Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Changi Airport - Singapore

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Changi Airport - Singapore

Just thought that the Changi International airport deserved a Thread. In my recent visit to LOS I had a 10 hour stop over in Singapore and spent a lot of my time at the airport. Thje Airport is very big and consists of 3 terminals and a smaller Budget Airline Terminal.

Getting from Terminal to Terminal you can walk (but will be a long walk) or you can use the Electronic self-controlled Skytrains which will get you there in seconds. While at the Airport if you have the time take a free 2 hour tour of the city of Singapore and have a look at what the place is like. You jump on a bus with an English speaking Tour guide and then just drive around while being told some interesting facts about the Country. Depending on the time you go and have a tour you can do a Cultual or Colonial Tour of Singapore.

Also at the airport there any many things to do or you could just site back and watch some TV at one of many entertainment points. There is free internet site around the whole Airport and many places to go and have a bite to eat, including a Thai Restaurant. Inside the airport there are many gardens and ponds of which are home to large Koi fish as well as one garden which was home to 100s of butterflys. If you are tired you can go and stay at the Transit hotel for a couple hours sleep, or go to the Lounge and sit back and relax. While I was there i paid to have a shower which was very refreshing and even sat in the free cinema watching a movie. You could go and have a swim or even a workout at one of the Gyms available for use. There are even a few a few Hair Salons, Massage Parlours and many bars to have a drink at. A few handy things they have there are Mobile Phone charging stations, Baggage sitting services and stations where you can sit and use your laptop with access to power points.

There are many shops at the airport where you can buy most thing you would need. You have your usual Electronics, chocolates, duty free stores, Perfumes as well are designer brand clothes and many other things. There are a few areas for the Children to run wild or play on a play ground. For more info on the Airport have a look at there website Home - Changi Airport

I personally was not a fan of Singapore and don't think I would go there for a holiday but you do not require a visa to enter the country and neither to residents of Thailand for up to 30 days, for those interested in taking your TG to another country. I will be sure to post a few photos when i get the chance.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Would you consider this route again for the same price? or would you just pay the extra $100 and fly direct?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Would you consider this route again for the same price? or would you just pay the extra $100 and fly direct?
    I would do it again for sure. I would just go have a sleep for a couple hours, I believe it was 30 Singapore dollars for 3 hours in a room. But Could only do it once or twice, would not be idea if you were doing it every trip

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    I tend to think of Singapore Airport now as the first stop on a great adventure, and the last stop on the end of the fun.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I would do it again for sure. I would just go have a sleep for a couple hours, I believe it was 30 Singapore dollars for 3 hours in a room. But Could only do it once or twice, would not be idea if you were doing it every trip
    I agree with you G4 that I do not think Singapore is much of a holiday place but it has the best airport I ever seen. Well its not like i have seen that many 555.

Singapore is our regular stop on the way to Thailand. Mr M. seem to always manage to find a good price tickets VIA Changi airport. Which I never mind as I said before somewhere on the forum that I could not really stand being in/on anywhere small and there is not enough air (for me). So I am happy to stop and have a walk and jump on another plane and on our way where ever we are going.

I will just add a little as G4 already told us alot. Refering the food in Changi airport. I think the price is fairly a good price considering its an airport. I would think twice to buy anything in an airport except duty free, even in Thailand airport or anywhere else because it is a special price always but special expensive. But sometime when you are really needed...you just do not care. I know ^_^.

Mr M. will give a long rave about this airport if he got time .