Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Cebu city Philippines

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Cebu city Philippines

Has anyone been to Cebu city Philippines?

I just been asked to go on some business for a few days, is it worth staying longer?

Im in LOS first week feb so will shoot over from Bangkok.

If anyone knows of a good Phil fourm that may help?

I went to Cebu a couple of years ago for business, stayed at The Plantation for about a week. I don't recall which forum or website I used (I know I checked world sex guide dot org) to get information about what to do and where to go but a simple Google search of Cebu nightlife should point you in the right direction. I can however provide you with some insight: Firstly, I did not feel safe outside of the hotel. Fortunately, the hotel offered private taxi service at $10 USD per hour. There is plenty of nightlife to be had but a lot of bars had a security guard out front with a sawed-off shotgun. A lot of nightlife centers around the Mango area which is also where I went, to a bar called Temptations. This bar had a stage where girls were dancing, a large bar area and pool tables. Right next door was a karaoke bar filled with girls dressed in school girl outfits.

I went to Temptations a couple of nights and had a good time. One night, some Korean men showed up and after a few minutes, a parade of the girls from next door came in and marched onto the stage with their numbers on. It was interesting to watch as the guys were picking the girls they wanted to chat with. The system here works the same as in Thailand, bar fine, etc. However, I did manage to flirt enough with the bartender at the time to be invited out with her after hours but unfortunately I had to get back to the hotel. I never barfined any girls from that bar but there were plenty to be had.

I also read that a good place to pick up girls was at the malls. There are two major malls in town and they are big, western style malls. Little interesting that you have to go through metal detectors to get in but once inside, it was a very nice and modern mall. After walking around SM mall for about an hour, I left with three phone numbers from various girls, none of whom I approached or propositioned BTW It did not take more than 10 minutes of walking around Ayala mall before I was hit on by a small filipina, yaddi yaddi yadda, next thing you know we're back in my room.

Got taken for a ride at a strip club. I forget the name but it was not near the Mango area, it was suggested by our taxi driver. The place was large and void of patrons. Lots of girls in the back who came on stage when we arrived. We had about 4 drinks ourselves and bought a couple of drinks for mamasan and the hair dresser (who was gay but did his best to look like a ladyboy). I grew suspicious of the padding of the bill so after a few drinks, I asked for the bill and sure enough, we were already in the hole for $100 USD. Total rip off. Fortunately, Temptations was legit and I was never robbed there.

The Plantation hotel is nice, very nice. However, as I mentioned earlier, leaving the resort, I just did not feel safe. For $10 per hour to have your taxi driver with you at all times is a bargain. It wasn't very expensive outside of the resort but it just was not my type of environment.

Feel free to ask anything specific and I can try and answer as best as possible.

cebubars.info seems to have some up-to-date information about the bar scene in the Mango area

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    If you`re already going there it would be worth staying a bit. Plenty of bars and girls on offer but the place is a bit of a dump a little on the risky side IMO.

There`s some better beach areas to the south of the island.

@ luvinpatong. any other forums you know of that has heaps of good info (and i dont mean bars and girls 555)

im planning a 15 day trip in May/June. any useful tips etc. would be good

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ big malls are good for finding talent there...SM?

Find a table near a main walkway inside and see what comes along

Cebu Nightlife Guide - Living In Cebu - Living In Cebu Forums
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 7th January 2014 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    cebubars.info seems to have some up-to-date information about the bar scene in the Mango area
    Thanks mate sounds a lot like Manila. Been Makarti a few times taxi drivers lock the doors not so you rip them off but so no one pulls you out of the car and steels your wallet.

In Manila I go for a day or two and leave. I hire a security guard who sticks with me all the time.

Sounds like Cebu is the same.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I haven't been but have been told a fair bit about it.
    As said, your already going to be there so stay and experience it.

It is nothing like Patts, or Patong, a lot smaller bar area. Quiet dirty and somewhat dangerous if you get a couple of blocks off the main track. Also they say the food is lousy compared to LOS, tasteless and a lot like eating cardboard.

On the good side there are some stunners and almost all speak English. The bar scene is a little different to LOS, they are more nightclub style and when you choose a girl you pay the bar the total fee, barfine and her price.

There is a mob that holds Pool parties that are the greatest, so I hear.

Most of the girls are happy to be photographed, both in the bar and in the bed.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Yes
    i have been to Cebu 3 times...it is a bit of a dump compared to LOS..I felt unsafe at first but after i got used to it I felt ok.

Very easy to get women they are much much more desperate than LOS..they are also fun and its great to be able to talk with them.They get jokes and humor ...much more western mind set.

I have staid in a few hotels, the Quest opposite Ayala is great,clean modern,GF friendly etc,Its only a few minutes walk from Ayala...easy to pick up there,although quality varies.

Up town near Fuentes circle I have used the Diplomat,cheap,old ,a real monger establishment,they just send the girls right up to your room.
    Its a few minutes walk from Mango square are with lots of FL girls.

I also thought the food was lousy.

Pics are of Ayala
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's interesting how a few have mentioned about the food.

That's one of the main reasons I rather thai ladys over the Phil's.

You want more than bars and girls? What's this world coming to? 555.....I can't say much for what to do outside of the bars and malls since I wasn't very interested in exploring the city after my first taxi ride through during daylight. The one thing I wish I would have done was to have taken a trip to Bohol which is very nice from what I hear.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    As others have said, the women all speak excellent English and every single one is desperate for a man. It is also a dangerous place and there are more scams than you could possibly dream up. Filipinos are super friendly but it is only a scam to learn something from you so they can fool someone else. Under no circumstances should you ever go off with a Filipino alone. Even 2 guys are not enough some times. Pool parties are great if you can attend a real one, but the scammers are always trying to bait an unsuspecting tourist. The women are cheap and friendly, and they are far less shy about their bodies. Filipinas tend to have bigger boobs than Thai women of the same stature. I often had 3 or 4 girls in my room at the same time and it seldom cost me more than 15 dollars. Many gals were just happy to have a nice bed to sleep on. Booze and cigarettes are far cheaper than just about everywhere else. Borocay beaches are amazing, but once you've seen one tropical beach how many do you need? Angeles city is like Pattaya once was, but on steroids. I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

I get the idea I'm going to do my two days business and shoot back to LOS. I know LOS and love the food as well as the girls.