Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Changone

Thread: china..anyone been recently

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar

china..anyone been recently

Im off to Beijing early next year...SAA are just about giving away business class tickets
    R18500 ..Cape Town to Beijing....i think its incredible cheap...

i have done quiet a bit of research ...just wondered if anyone has been recently

tourist highlights..what should i see

any recommendation regarding a hotel...medium quality(better than los standard 555)

best way to get to hotel from airport...taxi/bus..i know it all depends where the hotel is

how easy is it to change money..

anything to watch out for

dont worry i will resist from telling the chinese that they are not free 555555

be great to hear any advice that you guys can give me

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    "China"...for a minute there I thought....Spot....ok...never mind.
    Quarky and jontymate like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Are you planning on checking out the nightlife there too? If so I tbh k there is a long running thread over on Pattaya Addicts called "Ronbo does China" or something similar.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    not a member there but will try and check it out..thanks..looks all are los men here 5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    Im off to Beijing early next year...SAA are just about giving away business class tickets
    R18500 ..Cape Town to Beijing....i think its incredible cheap...

i have done quiet a bit of research ...just wondered if anyone has been recently

tourist highlights..what should i see

Forbidden City
    Maglev Train (vely vely fast)
    I really liked the museum has the wow factor.
    Vue Bar in the hyatt on the bund. This is where you will see "Real" Hi So. The hyatt is nice to stay at and has lots around it. Little expensive.
    Night life as in girls I have not chased (She is watching me type) but easy to find and spot.
    Night life as in hip bars cafes .....Beihai Park
    The most bustling is Lotus Lane (Hehua Shichang) a pedestrian only area on southwestern shore of Qianhai Lake

any recommendation regarding a hotel...medium quality(better than los standard 555)

best way to get to hotel from airport...taxi/bus..i know it all depends where the hotel is

Taxi but see what to beware of.

how easy is it to change money..

Easy as LOS getting a good price is different

anything to watch out for

Have small denominations of money to pay the correct price (Especially taxis with a small tip). Large notes will attract you receiving counterfeit money in the change.

Happening to run into a seemingly attractive "Normal" girl that suggest a great place to go....... bar , night club, famous backstreet restaurant that all the locals love but the tourists never see gets to experience. Just may cost you a lot of money to walk back out.

dont worry i will resist from telling the chinese that they are not free 555555

be great to hear any advice that you guys can give me
    Spent a few years in China now and have formed a love love-hate relationship.

If you have any specific questions give me a shout out. Shanghai I have only spent a few days at though many times transiting.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    In terms of getting around, you will need the address in Chinese, otherwise you could end up anywhere if they agree to take you.

Seems to be more touts each time I have visited. The jet ski boys in Patong would be considered tame in comparison.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I have been a few times but not for a year. Go on the trip advosor web site to the fouum area. Look up a private tour guide. They are not that expensive and you pay them a day rate. Your guide will get you infront of the tour lines and save you money. In China the english is not that good. 4 days in Beijing will be enoth time. I woukd also get a early moring flight to Xian to see the terricatta soldiers. Can fligh back the same day or stay over night in Xian.
    Domestic flights in China are very cheap.

As far as night life goes i dont know nothing. 555
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 30th November 2014 at 12:51.