Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By do ron
  • 1 Post By do ron

Thread: The PI Thread

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar

The PI Thread

Starting with the sore spot that is the food.

Seems pretty narly indeed, but I'm looking forward to it.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

i was going to PM bacon but said id stick it on his thread in case anyone else wanted a gawk
    disclaimer: ive nothing against the Philippines or anyone that frequents there

TAXI DRIVERS
    taxi drivers in manila make their BKK counter parts look like the tooth fairy,never had much trouble with them apart from detours to tour guide offices trying to make me book into alternative hotels, nice enough to speak to but be care full what info you give them
    trikes are cheap if not dangerous

THE FOOD
    couldn't really handle the food in the phillipines, for crimbo dinner in AC I had a 9" peperoni supreme- food was better in boracay but ull pay for it. my favourite Filipino dish was shrimp sinigag -its like a cross between tom yum goong and scotch broth

AC V PATTAYA
    the whole AC V PATTS thing aint really an argument IMHO, patts wins hands down, there isn't the party atmosphere in AC compared to patts or bangala
    AC's walking street is about 300m long with gogos and the odd beer bar
    Atlantis had 300 girls in their place though worth a look ,
    beer is very cheap in AC roughly 70 peso in a bar 100 peso in a gogo
    1 = 70 peso $aud1 = 36 peso
    in the perimeter area beer is about 55 peso
    LD'S are cheap also around 140peso, if I was leaving walking street id probably get a trike as I wouldn't say AC is the safest place on earth

THE GIRLS
    hard to say with the girls they were some real cuties in AC without the pre-Madonna attitude, boracay I would BYO , a few FL's about
    I reckon it would be easier to fall for a fillipino chick on count of them having better English its a lot easier to make a connection
    the Filipino chicks were more than happy to pass on their numbers in restaurants / malls
    lots of massages on boracay but no happy endings, a few happy ending joints in AC

SUMMARY
    The phillipines is worth a try but id do 3/4 AC then on to subic or Cebu, if your soul aim on holiday is P4P/partying then Thailand is the better option, if you're looking for a GF then I reckon the phillipines would be the go!
    Made new friends and strengthened bonds with existing ones so well worth the trip $$$
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Thanks for the info Ron. Pretty much echos what I've found as well just through research. I spent a few hours on PI Addicts and slowly came to the conclusion that I'm probably gonna give it a miss.

I still love to see the place at least once, but when I think about Patts I get real giddy, and well... you gotta go with your heart. Like you said, AC just doesn't seem to have the party vibe of Pattaya, which is what I like. I personally don't care for the GFE or any connection with the girls, so AC's biggest plus is a moot point for me. I might stay with the same girl for a couple of days if I like her, but that's more out of convenience.

I really like Pattaya's atmosphere. I enjoy just sitting at bars looking at the beach, or hanging out at Hot Tuna watching the band jam. Although I know Philippines has some of the best musicians around, and a lot of the bands in Thailand are actually Filipino, but the atmosphere in Pattaya is just electric.

Another possibility would be flying directly to Manila and heading straight to AC for two days, then back to the airport and off to Bangers. I wish there were direct flights to Clark from here. I've been told the taxi ride from Manila can be a head fuck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Since i split with my TG earlier in the year I have dated a hand full of local Filipina girls in Perth. I am really starting to like these girls as far as if you are looking for a GF or wife. All the girls i met in Perth where well educated, had good jobs, never talked about money, great english and great in bed. One im currently seeing is a nurse from Cebu.

I have been to the phils a few times but never for P4p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Thanks for the info Ron. Pretty much echos what I've found as well just through research. I spent a few hours on PI Addicts and slowly came to the conclusion that I'm probably gonna give it a miss.

I still love to see the place at least once, but when I think about Patts I get real giddy, and well... you gotta go with your heart. Like you said, AC just doesn't seem to have the party vibe of Pattaya, which is what I like. I personally don't care for the GFE or any connection with the girls, so AC's biggest plus is a moot point for me. I might stay with the same girl for a couple of days if I like her, but that's more out of convenience.

I really like Pattaya's atmosphere. I enjoy just sitting at bars looking at the beach, or hanging out at Hot Tuna watching the band jam. Although I know Philippines has some of the best musicians around, and a lot of the bands in Thailand are actually Filipino, but the atmosphere in Pattaya is just electric.

Another possibility would be flying directly to Manila and heading straight to AC for two days, then back to the airport and off to Bangers. I wish there were direct flights to Clark from here. I've been told the taxi ride from Manila can be a head fuck.
    ya I like people watching myself mate - you wont get much of it in AC
    the taxi from manila wasn't too bad actually , bout an hour and a half and 2700 peso
    subic bay was recommended to us in ANGELES I think its only 45 mins away in taxi from AC
    Bacon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Since i split with my TG earlier in the year I have dated a hand full of local Filipina girls in Perth. I am really starting to like these girls as far as if you are looking for a GF or wife. All the girls i met in Perth where well educated, had good jobs, never talked about money, great english and great in bed. One im currently seeing is a nurse from Cebu.

Had one working with me early last year. She moved on later in the year, which was good. I liked her and we were starting to get close, but she was married so it was getting weird.

How did you meet these ones?

PI sounds tailor-made for RakThai...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    PI sounds tailor-made for RakThai...
    In what way? I think you've been observing him more closely than I have. 55

YA one of the things I should have mentioned was how friendly Filipinos are in general
    a restaurant I used to go to the odd time had a little waitress in there that always called me "sir" - I said look theres no need to call me sir. we became friendly swapped facebooks , I seen she was engaged ( all cool) we still had the odd chat. when I got back she only sent me an invite to her wedding - they're that friendly

J
    Had one working with me early last year. She moved on later in the year, which was good. I liked her and we were starting to get close, but she was married so it was getting weird.

How did you meet these ones?
    I met a few from the POF dating site. Plenty of fish. Also Asiandating.com

The one I am seeing now I met through a fillipino imagration agent I have used when I had my business.

I find on the dating sites lots of filipinos not many thais. However with the fillipinos i find you really need to date them a lot before boom boom. The one im seeing now i datted a few months before any sleep overs.

J

I met a few from the POF dating site. Plenty of fish. Also Asiandating.com

The one I am seeing now I met through a fillipino imagration agent I have used when I had my business.

I find on the dating sites lots of filipinos not many thais. However with the fillipinos i find you really need to date them a lot before boom boom. The one im seeing now i datted a few months before any sleep overs.
    Yeah I've found they're far more conservative than Thais, and a lot of them are deeply religious, which is a major turnoff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by do ron View Post
    YA one of the things I should have mentioned was how friendly Filipinos are in general
    a restaurant I used to go to the odd time had a little waitress in there that always called me "sir" - I said look theres no need to call me sir. we became friendly swapped facebooks , I seen she was engaged ( all cool) we still had the odd chat. when I got back she only sent me an invite to her wedding - they're that friendly
    I helped 11 familys imagrate to oz from a 457 visa working with me to the PR for the whole family. Since i sold my business i have stayed in contact with the familys. They still call me sir. 555 its a respect thing. I have met a lot of the friends and extended familys now. They are so welcoming and friendly people.

Yeah I've found they're far more conservative than Thais, and a lot of them are deeply religious, which is a major turnoff for me.
    Ye thats a turn off for me too mate. But its not all of them mate the last two i have dated are not.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    I work with a couple of PI blokes who are very religious. My brother worked with a couple that loved to smoke mary jane and drink.

Each to their own

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar

there's direct flights to Clark from KL with AA and Cebu Pacific from SIN. maybe Tiger too from SIN

CP aren't easy to book with and unreliable...or least weren't
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 6th January 2015 at 22:23.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS