Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: Better day trips.........Hanoi or Saigon

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,617

    Better day trips.........Hanoi or Saigon

    Which city provides better day trips from the city?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,851
    Ask me at the end of April.

    I land in Hanoi and fly out of Saigon.

  3. #3
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,962
    Both are really good. Depends on your interests.

    Hanoi: Very traditional, historical, real Vietnamese architecture and food. Halong Bay...Great
    Saigon: Greatttttt food, nice people, Cu Chi Tunnel. More cosmopolitan very farang friendly and a little touristy without getting out of the usual.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 
      
       
       
         
       
      
     

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,617
    Too late!
    We booked Hanoi, which was my preference

    I have been to both but had my wife and young stepson with me.
    This time I will be with my buddy and can do a bit more

    I wanted to go to Hanoi because a bit more traditional

  5. #5
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Too late!
    We booked Hanoi, which was my preference

    I have been to both but had my wife and young stepson with me.
    This time I will be with my buddy and can do a bit more

    I wanted to go to Hanoi because a bit more traditional
    Enjoy it... would be my choice and Dao would prefer Ho Ch min..... more user friendly.

    You are of similar age to me so I found the history of the war very moving. From the comments from those only a few years older like Bacwaan that may have been conscripted.... and many of Dao's friend's husbands that were there. Traveling through there gave me a better understating. Dao in all honesty did not know about the war there at all and not interested to learn about it. Past why I need to Know!!! Gets on my goat a little but thats life.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 
      
       
       
         
       
      
     

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,617
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Enjoy it... would be my choice and Dao would prefer Ho Ch min..... more user friendly.

    You are of similar age to me so I found the history of the war very moving. From the comments from those only a few years older like Bacwaan that may have been conscripted.... and many of Dao's friend's husbands that were there. Traveling through there gave me a better understating. Dao in all honesty did not know about the war there at all and not interested to learn about it. Past why I need to Know!!! Gets on my goat a little but thats life.
    Ao liked Hanoi much better than Saigon

    Hue, although I didn't care for the city, was a very instrumental part of the war......so that was of interest.
    I am liked Saigon better in terms of the war.....but simply because a lot of it was what I knew about the war.
    We stayed at the Rex Hotel.....which all the reporters were reporting from their rooftop.
    And the War Museum was quite interesting and sobering to walk through.

    I love hanging out with my wife and will have not seen her for 5 months.....I gave her the option to meet me in Hanoi(I'm flyingdorect from Taipei)
    Buy honestly I'm looking forward to doing it on my own with just my friend....she is just not the easiest travel companion and I feel I miss out on a lot when she is there.

    That sounds bad but there is other places where we have a ball. Bali being one of them.
    But although she liked the street food and just the street ambience in Hanoi she just isn't interested in history much.

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,617
    Actually problem double solved
    I'm going to both 555

    I'm lucky that my Eva Air flight goes direct from Taipei to eotehr city so I decided to fly to Saigon for 2 days and then meet my friend(and maybe Ao) in Hanoi for 3 days

    I just was so torn and felt I didn't see enough of either city last time

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,932
    hair salon BJ shops around HCMC are a good day trip
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    hair salon BJ shops around HCMC are a good day trip
    Ha-ha
    Not my thing......even in my single days
    Was never a short time sort of guy
    Went to soapies twice, and a good experience...... But just doesn't do it for me

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    History for Thais - if it didn't happen in Thailand it doesn't matter.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    History for Thais - if it didn't happen in Thailand it doesn't matter.
    I find a lot of times they don't know and don't care about their own history!

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,932
    anything outside of food is in the don't care basket 55
    kaptainrob and OZZYGUY like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •