Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Siem Reap Resort & Crossing to/from Surin

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Made contact with a local guide, he says Thai nationals are allowed to visit Preah Vihear now, also quoted a good price (I was quoted close to US$500 by some places!!!).
    you driving up there in one go from SR?
    they'd need a 4x4 to get to the top on the Cambo side? more than a day trip too.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ Will do it in a day, think they have fixed the roads, but still need 4x4 to the top, $25 I think.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ Will do it in a day, think they have fixed the roads, but still need 4x4 to the top, $25 I think.
    there was a lot of troops moving in carrying their kit and loaded rifles when we rode to the top.
    my Cambo guide knew the road and his bike pretty well and i was struggling to keep up with him as i didn't want to lose touch with him.
    in and out of the soldiers and trying not hit any of them or fall off and lose him over a fairly rough dirt surface...got a bit too close a few times 55

where the Thais use to enter..

first hurdle for them..

getting closer...

right at the top a new flag pole was being ereceted for the prime minister's wife's visit the next day..

the little guy and the guy to his left were Cambo TV superstars and comedians. everyone was having a good ol laugh...probably at my expense 55 being the only westerner up there.

the Cambo master monk was at the little temple 1/2 way up (in the background) and out of a big crowd he chose me to wai. everyone's like...who the fk is he 55

they attracted some attention.

at a club (since gone) in SR. I took a waitress from there...she took these pics as camela's weren't allowed..

Quarky and Bawdy like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ Again, thanks for sharing, must have been an amazing trip.
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12