Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Siem Reap Resort & Crossing to/from Surin

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

Siem Reap Resort & Crossing to/from Surin

Just back from Pattaya and of course planning next trip! 555 Will definitely make it to Siem Reap this time, hopefully with my fav TG, would like to treat her to a nice resort, any recomendations? She's also from Surin, and might like to combine the two, any transfort tips would also be helpful (can I get a visa at the land border if we come from Surin 1st?).

Cheers.

Can't answer your question... but I am worried Bawdy... you have a favourite TG? ..55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

^ OK, let's make it one of the most beautiful TGs I've ever met then 555 (Looks alot like Xanny) Known her now for 7 years (can't quite believe the time frame), gets hotter every year and I'm sure her noms have gotten bigger too (better tits than Xanny as well)!
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

I think Siem Reap will be a lovely romantic setting for a proposal...
    Rivo and Ian Forbes like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

^ 555 She's been told that if she doesn't marry by 34 she may never find a husband, I've told her I've already waited 7 years, I can wait another 3! 555
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I stayed at the Stueng Siem Reap , just around the corner from Pub St , swimming pool to cool off after sightseeing, quiet at night , was about $50 a night
    Bawdy likes this.

^ Thanks for the tip, but prices seem to have increased considerably.
    Stillearly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I think Siem Reap will be a lovely romantic setting for a proposal...
    Now you've done it, I've actually booked the Honeymoon Suite! 555
    Quarky and Stillearly like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Good little town. Have fun Bawdy.
    Bawdy likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Chom Chong is your crossing point 60k from Surin and a easy bus ride from there about 1900bt round trip booked at the border.

Is it OK to fly in with a 1 way ticket if I plan to leave overland?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Is it OK to fly in with a 1 way ticket if I plan to leave overland?
    I have only been questioned (twice) when flying into Manila from Bangkok and Singapore on one way flights. Once I showed that I had onward flights with another airline, there wasn't an issue. Your circumstances are different...my guess is that if you showed your return flight to Oz from Thailand then they would be comfortable. The concern seems to be with the outbound airline...perhaps they have the risk of taking you back if you are rejected by the inbound country.
    Bawdy likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

I've heard that they take your passport when you visit Preah Vihear and that Thai nationals are refused entry, true or not?

I've heard that they take your passport when you visit Preah Vihear and that Thai nationals are refused entry, true or not?
    might be true about thais but i went up there without handing over my PP in 2008. no idea of what goes on there now.
    it's a long way from SR to there. Koh Ker is an interesting place to see too but it takes a bit of time to get there and back unless the road has been done up. it was dirt when i did it and most of the day to get there from SR and not too many accommodation choices nearby.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quarky and Hatari like this.

Banned
    Just back from Pattaya and of course planning next trip! 555 Will definitely make it to Siem Reap this time, hopefully with my fav TG, would like to treat her to a nice resort, any recomendations? She's also from Surin, and might like to combine the two, any transfort tips would also be helpful (can I get a visa at the land border if we come from Surin 1st?).

Cheers.
    Yes you can get a Cambodian visa at Chom Chong/O'Smach border crossing cost $30US dollars (paid in US dollars) or 1200baht for a 30 day visa.

Your Surin TG girl should get a 14 days pass/visa for free or maybe 100baht (depends on the day/person 555)

Here is a good picture of border crossing part explaining the areas.

Attachment 15081

You can catch this bus from to Siem Reap AMMCO-BUS cost around 400baht, you can share a taxi for around the same or hire one yourself for around 1200-1500 baht.

That is correct they take your passport, sometimes they allow Thai's sometimes they don't depends on the day really.
    Quarky and kaptainrob like this.

^ Thanks for the comprehensive and well informed information.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    might be true about thais but i went up there without handing over my PP in 2008. no idea of what goes on there now.
    it's a long way from SR to there. Koh Ker is an interesting place to see too but it takes a bit of time to get there and back unless the road has been done up. it was dirt when i did it and most of the day to get there from SR and not too many accommodation choices nearby.

Now that has to be one of the most awesome pics I've ever seen on these Forums!
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Now that has to be one of the most awesome pics I've ever seen on these Forums!
    it was quite a trip and night up there. i stayed on the Cambo side. Thai army were around 100m away on their side of the border,razor wire and troops everywhere.
    must admit i was a little nervous being the only farang up there and in a war zone.
    highlight of the night (not) was when an aerosol can thrown in the fire before we went to bed finally went off in the wee small hours. i was laying there waiting for return fire.....luckily didn't happen 55
    I put a heap of pics and report of the trip up there and 5 day dirt bike trip around the north of Cambo on PI at the time.

Cambo side and my nights acommodation in the background...

turn 180* and a Thai tent not far away.

Quarky likes this.

Banned
    Different location but not far.

You know when your in a disputed area when they have to camouflage toilets 555

Attachment 15084
    Quarky, Bawdy and Hatari like this.

Made contact with a local guide, he says Thai nationals are allowed to visit Preah Vihear now, also quoted a good price (I was quoted close to US$500 by some places!!!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast