Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Vietnam Suggestions ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I get a whole bunch of passport photos done before leaving Canada. I take them of myself with different shirts on, and get them printed at a local shop. It sure has saved me a lot of time and bother when applying for passports and travel visas. Being bald with a white beard, I haven't changed visually in 15 years.

As I have mentioned before, I have a good friend who has pretty much given up on Thailand. He spends 8 months of the year in Asia, and most of it now in Vietnam... somewhere out of Saigon. I think Brad said it was Vung Tau. He bought a 150 Yamaha scooter and leaves it there with friends. He rents a very nice apartment for a similar or better price than he can get in Thailand. He said the Vietnamese do not speed on the highways like the Thais do and the little scooter is more than adequate.

Because I have to go out of the country every 60 days when I live in Thailand, I think I might visit Brad this coming winter instead of him coming to see me. I've done the Meisai - Tatchik run dozens of times over the past 18 years and it gets a bit boring after a while. I need to see something new.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Did you order a pick-up car via Orient?

This trip's coming up fast now.

Yep transfers are included in our package.

And yes it wont be long until we are in Vietnam
    kaptainrob likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    If you get tired of Northern Thailand Rivo, they are ready for you in Ho Chi Minh.
    20181125_155055.jpg
    Rivo and Bacon like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    ^ Does anyone refer to it as Saigon anymore?

Not sure if I'm the only one who loves that name or not. It conjures so much mystery.
    kaptainrob likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Yes...many still do. Name change politically driven, yet a long time ago, so possibly more amongst older and southern (I think) cohort.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123