Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Cebu

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

Cebu

I'm off to Thailand in a few weeks, but I'm feeling like I need a change of scenery after that so starting some research now to go Philippines next year.

I'm thinking 2-3 weeks. I wanted to fly into Cebu and then check out Romblon Island. Maybe El Nido.

Has anyone her been to Cebu? The beaches there look pretty decent but I've not the slightest clue what it's like as a holiday destination, food, attractions ect. Is it the sort of place you could spend 5 days or a week? If so where is a good place to base myself with a decent beach within walking distance?

Any useful info is welcome thanks.

Also not interested in Angeles City.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Will be following this , I am also interested in a change of scenery and was thinking about PI , however I think I will be starting and ending with a few days in AC also hopefully Boracay with have reopened next year

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Not sure if you know but my wife is from Cebu, 3 hours south of the city.

It all depends what you are looking for SS, Cebu city is a shit hole, a lot more poverty than LOS and can be a bit unsafe for westerners at times. Although In the city they have some awesome malls like SM Seaside. Great places for shopping, restaurants and lots of eye candy.

The bar area in Mango ave is fun.

But then get out of the city and there is a lot to do. Lots of different islands. Great scuba or snorkaling. Wouldn’t bother with Boracay but Bohol is a better option these days.

As far as how long to say well over 7000 islands so a week wont do it.

Nels and Dean have just done a trip to this area.

SS this is a little video of the area I stay when in Cebu and typical of the small towns.

Last edited by OZZYGUY; 26th May 2018 at 09:34.
    supersub likes this.

Thanks I'll check that out. You and your wife can give me some pointers on the 19th too.

What do you think about Manila generally and in terms of safety? Some people have told me avoid it but after watching some vlogs on YouTube it seems like nice place. Filipino people to me seem like decent, religious and hospitable people.

Basically I want to try check out at least 2 major island areas. El Nido Palawan and Coron. Leyte looks nice but that's over on Cebu side.

It looks like I can get better connections with Cebu Pacific if I fly from Manila.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

We avoid flights through Manila, always delays when we have been before and long delays. If you have a conecting flight make sure its with the same airline so they get you on another flight.

As far as saftey and the people being religious and hospitable dont let that fool you. Because of the povity they will do anything to suvive. Girls will even go with you for free just for a place to stay and a feed, they will even steel your shampoo. There is so much more povity than you will ever see in Thailand. Its sad but its the way it is. In saying that there is also a lot of midle class regualar type people. The people in genral are very nice and everyone talks english.

Manila its self I havent been for about 8 years, didnt do anything for me just a big busy dirty city and the traffic makes BKK look like a walk in the park.

My wife and her family avoid going to Manila.

I havent been to Palawan was planing that last trip but ran out of time. My daughter has traveled PI more than me she loved Palawan.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 26th May 2018 at 10:17.
    supersub likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Overcrowded Sh1thole.....
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Overcrowded Sh1thole.....
    Manila or Cebu.....or both?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Girls will even go with you for free just for a place to stay and a feed, they will even steel your shampoo..

There gunna be outa luck trying to steal my shampoo 555
    justcruzing1, Moo Uaon and OZZYGUY like this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Manila or Cebu.....or both?
    Cebu......
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    There gunna be outa luck trying to steal my shampoo 555
    and mine....55

Ok so I've been doing some more research and think I've got something resembling an itinerary in the works. The only travel part I'm not too sure of is getting from Malapascua island to Bohol. Suspect I'll need to head to Danao and connect there.

Manila 1 night - can't be helped.
    Coron Palawan - 5 nights
    Malapascua island - 4 nights
    Panglao, Alona beach - 5 nights
    Manila 1 night
    Hong Kong stopover for a few nights.

I really wanted to check out Romblon Island, Carabao and Gresta de Gallo but I just couldn't find a way to get from Tablas to the Visayas without going back to Manila. Next time.

Cathay Pacific has a good price for this route and it's next to no extra cost to stop over in Hong Kong on the way back so I figure a few nights there could be interesting.

The Philippines sure does looks like it blessed with some of the most lushest islands and beaches in the world. It's shame I only have a few weeks as I'm barely scratching the surface but if I like it I'll definitely go back again.

You can get a small boat from Malapascua to the mainland. Jump on a yellow bus to head to Cebu city. The buses do not have a time schedual you just get on it and the conductor on board will collect the money. About 70Paso to the city and leave about every 15 mins.

Get off at the bus termanal north. Then a taxi to the pier.
    The link below is the boat you need to get to Alona beach but will still need a taxi from the Tagbilarna pier. Get the high speed one it takes about 1.5hrs to Bohol the slower one is 3hrs.

Cebu to Tagbilaran - Tagbilaran to Cebu - OceanJet

Im assuming you are flying Manila to Palawan then Palawan to Cebu then return fly Bohol to Manila?

If so on the way back in stead of staying in Manila stay in Cebu city and fly to Hongkok direct from Cebu.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 28th May 2018 at 08:24.

Cebu to Tagbilaran - Tagbilaran to Cebu - OceanJet

Im assuming you are flying Manila to Palawan then Palawan to Cebu then return fly Bohol to Manila?

If so on the way back in stead of staying in Manila stay in Cebu city and fly to Hongkok direct from Cebu.

Good info thanks.

Yes I'm flying as per above. Will check if Cathay fly from Cebu. If they do and it's not a lot more I might just do that. Thanks.

Do you think 3500 pesos a day is an ok figure to budget for? I'll be traveling alone and that figure needs to cover food, drinks and day trip costs. Hotel will be paid separately. I know Coron might be a bit more. I'll be staying in 'Coron Old Town Proper' (cant believe that's the actual name 555) so do my day trips from there every day.

Jump on a yellow bus to head to Cebu city. The buses do not have a time schedual you just get on it and the conductor on board will collect the money. About 70Paso to the city and leave about every 15 mins.
    The buses are a cheap,reliable and easy way to get around there.
    Love the chequer plate flooring idea and i think the drivers are much better trained and skilled than their Thai equivalents.
    OZZYGUY and supersub like this.

Cathay do fly Cebu to Hongkok we get that flight sometimes but I dont think its everyday.

3500 should be ok but some tours or scuba etc may cost a bit more. For food drinks etc 3500 is easy

Just remember being that the first night is in Manila you may not be alone anymore....55

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    The buses are a cheap,reliable and easy way to get around there.
    Love the chequer plate flooring idea and i think the drivers are much better trained and skilled than their Thai equivalents.
    I rather the bus over a taxi any day running down that coast road gets a bit hectic. Like to site up the back just incase of a collision. Love the vendors jumping on and off the bus selling food and drinks.

What's changing money like in the PI , if you are travelling round do you need to change your cash in Cebu or other larger places first or are ATMs / exchange booths plentiful ?
    supersub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    What's changing money like in the PI , if you are travelling round do you need to change your cash in Cebu or other larger places first or are ATMs / exchange booths plentiful ?

Can change money in most places, ATM's are about but some don’t work. May need to try a few.

Its safer IMO to use a card and don’t keep large amounts of money on you. especially in the city.

All the places SS is going he will get money easy.
    Stillearly likes this.

Cebu

I usually take a Travelex pre paid card and top that up. It's VISA so I was planning on just using that, but will take some cash I think. Won't carry large amounts on me though. As in Thailand, I'll only take out my spending money for that day.

And yeah as it stands I'm going solo. Between now and then though who knows what will happen. With my track record I'll end up taking a girl off Date In Asia. 555
    OZZYGUY and Stillearly like this.

I had forgotten about DIA , just logged in , 30 secs later , message from a Filipino lady who wants to be my partner forever 555
    Rivo, Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast