Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Angkor Wat itinerary

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Angkor Wat itinerary

So doing a bunch of reading, there are so many suggestions that it gets real confusing

Does anyone have a good link with best suggested itinieary

Or is it best to get a guide and let them do it all for you?

Thanks

I found the thread we talked about a lot of the temples, so I have a good idea

But if someone experienced don't mind, would you lay out a decent itinerary you'd suggest?

I would arrive at hotel on Friday around 10am, I figured chill by pool and head out for a small look see solo around 2pm?

The Saturday and Sunday I would do full days so any suggestions and basically what schedule I should do it? I see Nels/KR suggested the big ones in the morning

I'd wake up both days to be there at 5am so is there different sunsets to check out?

People also suggest going back to hotel to chill by pool middle of the day, which I would be into, then back out

If I am staying near Pub St, is that a pain to go back and forth?

Thanks for any answers

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    I've been doing the same although I'm only going for 2 days so already know what I'll be seeing. Bayon, Ta Promh and Angkor Wat. Anything else is a bonus.

https://adventurousmiriam.com/how-to...wat-in-2-days/

From what I hear the tuk tuks are dirt cheap so if you don't fancy walking just get one of them.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Just hire a driver motorbike guide like SS suggest.They will take you to the best temples.Best times are early morning and late afternoon. When I did a few years ago,i did it in 2 days.Up early back to hotel for midday then back late afternoon.Pub street not a bad location.

Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    Just hire a driver motorbike guide like SS suggest.They will take you to the best temples.Best times are early morning and late afternoon. When I did a few years ago,i did it in 2 days.Up early back to hotel for midday then back late afternoon.Pub street not a bad location.
    I might do the guide at my hotel which would be a car...........

I am waiting to hear back what it will cost
    sidvicious likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

I'll either do that or via the hotel. If I was there for a week I'd be tempted to plan my own thing and just use tuk tuks to get from a to b. Otherwise I'm quite happy for my hotel to organise as they know all the best places to hit.

Only thing what I'm worried about is waking up early enough to catch the sunrise. 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I'll either do that or via the hotel. If I was there for a week I'd be tempted to plan my own thing and just use tuk tuks to get from a to b. Otherwise I'm quite happy for my hotel to organise as they know all the best places to hit.

Only thing what I'm worried about is waking up early enough to catch the sunrise. 555
    Yes it is early. Thing is the hotel arranged guide will probably be more expensive...not that Paulie will mind 555. From memory its was something like 30 dollars for the day with the motorbike guides IRC.Those guides know the temples pretty well too. You can tell them what you want to see and they will guide you around that.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Some ideasHow to plan a 3 day itinerary for Angkor Wat - Wandering Lost

http://chaptertravel.com/three-day-i...or-angkor-wat/

https://www.traveldudes.org/travel-t...inerary/139276

https://yetanothervisarun.com/ultima...kor-wat-guide/

i found a guide online and got him to prepare the itinerary, he also provided a driver with an airconitioned car and cold water for the trip

found him him on a site similar to this

https://www.toursbylocals.com/find_guide&area=382

I suggested taking a break each day between 12:00 and 14:00 - also would incorporate an afternoon at Tonle Sap

Yes it is early. Thing is the hotel arranged guide will probably be more expensive...not that Paulie will mind 555. .
    Haha
    My thinking is that I want to hit it hard, so being in the car will give me a bit of reprieve during the rides to/from

But I'm not adverse to a tuk tuk either at all if the hotel recommends someone good

Paul, apart from finding a paid guide there are are touts who find you.

However, I strongly recommend end you buy or download a concise history book about Angkor Wat to read enroute. You will enjoy the actual tour far more if you have a good understanding of the construction and history.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    https://www.facebook.com/veasnasien.new

We used this guide, young fella studding. He was awesome and explain everything in detail. But if he wants you to use is father don’t, the father cannot speak English.

Two days is more than enough time you get sick of looking at old rocks towards the 2nd day.

The land mine museum is well worth a look.
    The Cambodian Landmine Musuem and School

Yes get back to the hotel after lunch to chil by the pool. It gets hot at the temples.
    OzzyDamo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

However, I strongly recommend end you buy or download a concise history book about Angkor Wat to read enroute. You will enjoy the actual tour far more if you have a good understanding of the construction and history.
    Yes I will do that do that for sure

I never was really into seeing Angkor Wat
    But now that I decided to......I want to do it 100%

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/veasnasien.new

We used this guide, young fella studding. He was awesome and explain everything in detail. But if he wants you to use is father don’t, the father cannot speak English.

Two days is more than enough time you get sick of looking at old rocks towards the 2nd day.

The land mine museum is well worth a look.
    The Cambodian Landmine Musuem and School

Yes get back to the hotel after lunch to chil by the pool. It gets hot at the temples.
    So if I get there at 5am each day

It seems I can be done with my day by 12pm and seen all I need to see?

That would be ideal for me
    OZZYGUY and VanD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

I think that's pretty reasonable based on my experience this week. I did the sunrise thing on day one, did the big loop (hit 5 or 6 temples total, some were quicker than others) and then I was back on my hotel pool deck by 2 pm. I spent the most time at Bayon and Angkor Wat.

On day two I did Ta Promh and a few other smaller temples, starting at about 7 am, and I was back at the hotel by noon easily. It's a good way to do it. If you get to Ta Promh early you'll beat a bunch of the bus tours, which makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by VanD View Post
    I think that's pretty reasonable based on my experience this week. I did the sunrise thing on day one, did the big loop (hit 5 or 6 temples total, some were quicker than others) and then I was back on my hotel pool deck by 2 pm. I spent the most time at Bayon and Angkor Wat.

On day two I did Ta Promh and a few other smaller temples, starting at about 7 am, and I was back at the hotel by noon easily. It's a good way to do it. If you get to Ta Promh early you'll beat a bunch of the bus tours, which makes a huge difference.
    My plan is to do a small tour Friday afternoon until dusk
    Then be there at 5am at least one of the Sat or Sun and then at least by 7am the other day

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

Do you have a recommendation?

Do you have a recommendation?
    https://www.amazon.com/Angkor-Guideb.../dp/999637274X
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanD View Post

Yep thats prittey much what we did.

They also do a ballon ride, we didnt do it but saw them up in the sky. This would be amazing way to see it.
    Home

So I am doing parts of 3 days for my Angkor Wat trip

I arrive at 10:30am, so will chill until about 2-3pm and head over to be there late day and sunset, take it pretty easy with a few beers and dinner

Then I will be up for the sunset on day 2 and do as much as I want on the full day............

Then the last day I will only have 2-3 from sunrise because my flight is at 1pm...........I will play this by ear to see if I want to go back

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Will you be going for a stroll through their beer street or whatever they have on the second night?
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast