The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Philippines Info

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar

Philippines Info

I'm going to pin this thread up here for PI discussions.

I didn't realise you needed an exit ticket before entering the country. These laws don't make much sense nowadays since you can buy a $50 ticket to the next nearest port and then skip out on the flight if you decided to overstay your visa. But it is what it is.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I've never needed to show an exit ticket,even though i've always booked a return flight.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I've never needed to show an exit ticket,even though i've always booked a return flight.
    Same here but i think the airline who you fly with check that??
    Bacon you do however pay a departure tax when you leave!

^ Oh yeah there's that too. Ozzy said it's about 800PHP, or around 20AUD.

What happens if you can't pay on your way out? Do you get deported? The consequences might be not getting let back in, but it's still a funny dilemma.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    ^ Oh yeah there's that too. Ozzy said it's about 800PHP, or around 20AUD.

What happens if you can't pay on your way out? Do you get deported? The consequences might be not getting let back in, but it's still a funny dilemma.
    Have no idea 555. 750 pesos yes.

I didn't pay departure tax either 55 might've been in the ticket price? but the locals do pay if travelling OS and it's not already paid in their ticket and it's about 1600 peso.

edit;i think Sid is right the airline knows before i would've flown there.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 31st January 2019 at 18:51.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I was refused boarding in Sabah, Borneo once (about 10-12 years ago) by Air Asia when travelling to the AC in the PI...they made me buy a ticket out before they would let me on the plane....

I think you are OK if you have a pre-bought visa already in your passport rather than relying on a stamp on arrival...I obviously didn't have one...
    Bacon likes this.

I'm told this works by a reliable source onwardflight
    A throwaway ticket for $15

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I'm told this works by a reliable source onwardflight
    A throwaway ticket for $15
    Have you read the 'how it works' section? They basically issue a fake ticket. I don't know man...555.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Airport tax getting out is 750p for us and if you bring a wife home she pays more. So bacon come back alone we don't need any more BM's jumping ship.....55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    On two trips last year I was asked for the onward flight details, and no departure tax (although may have been in ticket).

Also, worth mentioning that you can only bring in 10,000 pesos...I.e. actual pesos. Never been checked, but crazy.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Also, worth mentioning that you can only bring in 10,000 pesos...I.e. actual pesos. Never been checked, but crazy.
    That's still 3 STs over there

Amazing that places like this exist in South East Asia.

bacwaan and sidvicious like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I though the Airline you fly out with from your origin, had to check if you had a return or onward flight ticket, as they are responsible to fly you home if you are refused entry at you destination ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I though the Airline you fly out with from your origin, had to check if you had a return or onward flight ticket, as they are responsible to fly you home if you are refused entry at you destination ?
    You do for entry into PI. You can buy a mid-week flight out for like 40-50 bucks though. Not much to lose if you're not sure how long you want to stay or plan on extending the visa.
    Tingtong likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Amazing that places like this exist in South East Asia.

Geographically it looks more like NZ than the places I have visited in The PI...55

I guess you do get a bit of variation in a country when it is made up of 7107 islands...

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Geographically it looks more like NZ than the places I have visited in The PI...55

I guess you do get a bit of variation in a country when it is made up of 7107 islands...
    The northern part of PI seems very windy. Batanas seems very remote,like half way to Taiwan. Don't know if you have seen pics or video's of Ilocos Norte(top part of luzon) ,seems a bit similar.Very windy...that's where the wind farms are.
    Apparently a lot of filipinos choose to get married up there as its very different to the rest of country. They want their wedding pics to look different 555.
    bacwaan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    The northern part of PI seems very windy. Batanas seems very remote,like half way to Taiwan. Don't know if you have seen pics or video's of Ilocos Norte(top part of luzon) ,seems a bit similar.Very windy...that's where the wind farms are.
    Apparently a lot of filipinos choose to get married up there as its very different to the rest of country. They want their wedding pics to look different 555.
    I've seen vide of people on boats there. You put on vets and strap in for a wild ride. Its on my list.
    sidvicious likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Am I right in thinking I could still bring in other currency as well? E.g GBP.

So I have a few weeks off in May and have been honestly flipflopping around various destinations including Bali, Malaysia and Philippines. I went and booked up my time on Koh Phangan and Samui but have had a change of heart.

Instead I'm going to break my Philippines cherry and do a short stay in Bangkok on the way back. I know it's the most touristy place there, but I'm going to be doing a week in Boracay and then a few days on nearby Carabao island. I had considered island hopping around Cebu or even Palawan but what I really wanted is an island with several beaches, plus opportunities for excursions. Boracay seems to fit that requirement, plus I've heard nothing but good reviews post since the re-opening.

I've booked at Indila Boracay Resort which is not quite beachfront, but close enough. It's between station 2 and 3.

Quarky, Dupree, sidvicious and 1 others like this.

Well I'm landing at Clark on the 27th of April. I won't be leaving the Philippines till around 14-15 or maybe 16-17 of May. I'm sure we can arrange to catch up at some point.

I'm glad you're not wasting your time with Bali.

Just be mindful that over 90% of reports on Boracay are now obsolete. They closed the place down due to overtourism and when reopened the rules have apparently really changed. All the nightlife and party scene is pretty much gone.

Look up Puerto Galera. Short charter flight away from real exotic places on Palawan like El Nido too. I think my flight from Coron(north of Palawan) to Manila is costing lik 80aud.
    Last edited by Bacon; 17th February 2019 at 22:30.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast