Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Accommodation in Pattaya

First time I arrived in Pattaya... I thought.. "Home"... 55

I don't know what it is about the place.. because it must have some of the most unsavoury people on the planet there... but it still feels comfortable...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I feel at home in Pattaya. Whether its a cheap or expensive hotel, I still feel comfortable there. For a few days anyway 555.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

I don't know what it is about the place.. because it must have some of the most unsavoury people on the planet there... but it still feels comfortable...
    I'm not looking to make this into a Pattaya vs anywhere debate

Because I honestly think if someone enjoys Pattaya, or any place, than that is all that matters

Having said that I think I can say Pattaya is my least favorite place I ever visited
    San Jose CR is a very close 2nd

Some capital cities in Latin America are just downright unpleasant aesthetically and also seem a bit dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Some capital cities in Latin America are just downright unpleasant aesthetically and also seem a bit dangerous
    I certainly never feel unsafe in Pattaya.. that's the strange thing about the place... it feels like it should be dangerous.. 55

In saying that, I hate Soi 6... that does feel unpleasant... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I certainly never feel unsafe in Pattaya.. that's the strange thing about the place... it feels like it should be dangerous.. 55

Me the same. Many times I knew things were "unsafe" in the Philippines, but I kept my wits about me and never got drunk, or flashed big money and jewelry around. But, no matter how unsavoury the raunchy places in Pattaya are, I never felt unsafe.... except possibly when riding a scooter in traffic.

However, once you've had more than enough of anything then it's time to move on. M26 and I are poles apart when it comes to mutual interests, but that does not mean we can't share a beer and a talk together. I'm quite happy sleeping in a tent on a wilderness mountain when hunting or fishing, but I don't want to live there. What I enjoyed about the raunchy parts of Thailand and the Philippines was the free spirit and excitement of the place. But, I always had the funds to just walk away when I finally got bored. Many of the people working and trying to make a living there do not have that luxury.
    Quarky and justcruzing1 like this.

Yes the one thing you can't say is Pattaya is dangerous

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I feel at home in Pattaya. Whether its a cheap or expensive hotel, I still feel comfortable there. For a few days anyway 555.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yes the one thing you can't say is Pattaya is dangerous
    Interestingly, back in the old forum, PI, as a Newbie I asked where to go and was advised to do Patong as it was less dangerous and less in your face, than Patts'.

I did Patong, got ripped off and decided to get out early, Bill even refunded me some days i had paid for (he is a gentleman ).

I flew direct to Patt's and intended to stay a week. i had this scary expectation of the place. I had read dirty Dancer and lots of posts on forums.

Going in on the bus it went thru all the back roads, and it looked and smelt very bad, I was dropped off at my room in Soi Dianna and I got to say by then my heart rate was high.

2 days in and I was like a pig in mud.

I have extensive experience in personal danger situations and only once in my times in Pattaya have I felt uneasy.

It was in Walking St Disco and I was with Jeab and her friend, we were sitting at the bar and a Russian guy deliberately moved the stool next to me closer and sat on it bumping me, there were other stools empty so i knew this guy was looking for a fight, I would have obliged but noticed he was looking at 3 others on the other side and smiling so i told the girls, leave the drinks, go out side NOW, they did , I waited then headed towards the toilet but turned and left.

After that we decided to go home.

Every time I go, I rent a big bike and I ride all over the place, to the Dark side etc and I never feel at risk.

Oh I am feeling homesick now
    Rockitt likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Good story, JC. On one of my first trips to Pattaya about 1997-98 I went off with 3 other farangs. One was the guy who introduced me to Thailand, and the other two guys I didn't know. I was green as grass about the places to visit, so let the others lead the way. We took a baht bus to an outlying area where there were 4 or 5 big houses... which all turned out to be Thai brothels. The one guy who took us there was into young girls, and I mean 12 to 14 years old young. I was disgusted and left by myself, and walked back to town. It was a P4P area for Thai men, and I remember the looks I got from the local Thai men. It was the only time I felt uncomfortable in Thailand, but I just walked tall with a sense of knowing where I was going.
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Just had 5 nights at the At Mind Premier Suites off Pattaya Klang. Great room and in good order. Microwave, washing machine and smart TV. Quiet at night and very G/F.
    Last edited by Rockitt; 15th November 2018 at 17:09.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Iím staying at the Adelphi hotel at the moment. Nice rooms and all in good order. The staff are very friendly too. Itís a bit further back than my usual Soi Honey base but I donít mind the walk.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I’m staying at the Adelphi hotel at the moment. Nice rooms and all in good order. The staff are very friendly too. It’s a bit further back than my usual Soi Honey base but I don’t mind the walk.
    You just like the longer walk so more lady call you hansum man...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    You just like the longer walk so more lady call you hansum man...
    5555, yeah and there’s lots of massage shops en route.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I'll be staying at Flipper in December. Right at the end of 8 on beach road. Hopefully will end up with a semi decent view.
    Rockitt likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

I "might" take a trip to Pats this winter, just for old times sake, and not for more than a couple of days. I would like to see the changes. I haven't been down there since Pui was alive back in 2014 and I took her on a holiday. She had never been there and wanted to see what it was like.
    Rockitt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I "might" take a trip to Pats this winter, just for old times sake, and not for more than a couple of days. I would like to see the changes. I haven't been down there since Pui was alive back in 2014 and I took her on a holiday. She had never been there and wanted to see what it was like.
    I don’t think it would be your cup of tea now Ian. I’ve only been coming here for a few years now and have notice a steady decline. Nothing stays the same and I’m sure you guys who came here years ago have seen the best times.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

I don’t think it would be your cup of tea now Ian. I’ve only been coming here for a few years now and have notice a steady decline. Nothing stays the same and I’m sure you guys who came here years ago have seen the best times.
    I don't doubt you, Rockett, it's just it's hard to comment on any topic if you haven't been there in a long time. The bars in Chiang Mai are totally dead right now and I don't see it improving much.
    Rockitt likes this.

What feels different for you? I can't say I have noticed much difference since I started going there in 2006... 55

Quite a decline in western tourists numbers, probably due to the high Thai baht. Big increase in Indian and Chinese visitors. It’s had a big impact on the smaller bars and the general atmosphere of the place. I don’t feel it’s so friendly here like it was when I first visited.
    The girls must be feeling the pinch too and I spoke to a couple the other day and they said they don’t get many lady drinks now and nobody rings the bell.
    The traffic on Soi Bukoaw is crazy now. I made a video a few years ago near LK of the busy traffic but that’s nothing compared to now. Bloody dangerous if your walking around there. Totally lawless bike riders bombing up and down.
    But the biggest difference for me is I’m getting older and the girls seem younger. Not really comfortable with that.
    Having said all that it’s still a great night out if you can afford it.
    Quarky likes this.

It's funny... I think people have been saying the same thing for decades.. I remember going to Phuket and Pattaya in 2006... and girls and punters alike telling me the place was in decline... I actually like the quiet bars, though I know it can't be good for business...

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast