Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Accommodation in Pattaya

Accommodation in Pattaya

I thought I would get the ball rolling for thoughts on nice hotels that you have stayed in when visiting Pattaya.

Areca Lodge - Soi Diana.
    Areca Lodge

Probably my favourite hotel in Pattaya. Great location and the Evergreen Wing is especially nice. Areca Lodge - Evergreen

Pattaya Bay Resort - Soi 15
    Pattaya Bay Resorts Thailand

My second favourite hotel. Standard room is only 999 baht! Great location again, 10 mins walk from Walking Street and 2 mins from Soi Diana.

Flipper Lodge Hotel - Soi 8 (And Flipper House on Soi 7)
    Flipper Lodge Hotel : Unforgettable Home - Like Stay --- Pattaya, Thailand

Based on Soi 8. This hotel has nice big rooms and is reasonably priced. Sister Hotel on Soi 7.

Sunshine Hotel & Residences - Soi 8
    Pattaya Hotel - Sunshine Hotel & Residences Pattaya; Pattaya Hotel Soi 8

First hotel I ever stayed in.. in Pattaya. Just up the road from Flipper Lodge. Nice hotel, though there are better around.

Sabai Lodge Hotel - Soi 2
    Sabai Lodge - Pattaya, Thailand

Nice and quiet with a great selection of pools. If you fancy being away from the maddening crowds (But baht bus stops right outside!)

*All the hotels above are Guest Friendly.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Does anybody know if this hotel 'Siam Bayshore Resort & Spa.' is nice. Anybody stayed there?
    Last edited by Annie; 7th June 2011 at 06:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Does anybody know if this hotel 'Siam Bayshore Resort & Spa.' is nice. Anybody stayed there?
    I looked at this hotel previously. Looks nice, but I was put off by internet charges and some of the reviews on Agoda...

Hotel Reviews of Siam Bayshore Resort and Spa Pattaya Thailand - Page 1

But it certainly looks nice and most reviews seem positive.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Thai-Spy
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I looked at this hotel previously. Looks nice, but I was put off by internet charges and some of the reviews on Agoda...

Hotel Reviews of Siam Bayshore Resort and Spa Pattaya Thailand - Page 1

But it certainly looks nice and most reviews seem positive.
    Don't put too much stock in negative reviews. In a highly competitive market like Pattaya it should be no surprise that some hoteliers routinely slam and slander the competition via faked reviews.

Another nice one is the Sandy Spring Hotel on Beach Road Soi 13. It's mid-block on a fairly quiet soi, so the madness is at a distance (but you can still walk there in a couple of minutes).

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    I am staying at Areca in a few weeks, evergreen wing. Location wise I love this hotel! Plenty of decent nightlife right outside hotel. I stayed in the old block in November, rooms were a bit run down tbh hence why I am "upgrading" to evergreen.

I have also stayed LK Metropole on Soi Diana. Rooms were very comfortable but imo you can get better value for money elsewhere.

I often read reviews, but will always read between the lines. I usually find that what others complain about are an appeal to us!!!

Agree Annie, some people will also moan about anything!! Personal experience is best in my view.

Diana Inn Estates.

We ended up booking this accommodation in Pattaya.
    Its in a good position, on Soi Boukow just down from Soi Honey and LK Metro. It's part of the Diana Resort but the owner has 15 rooms and a restaurant within the estate. The rooms are available for long term rent also.
    They have just been refitted to a good standard, new beds, bedding, etc. Large flat screen TV, microwave, tea/coffee and a large fridge. The rooms have a safe for valuables and there is 24hr gate security, and patrols etc. Our room was on the ground floor and didn't have a balcony but there were other rooms in another block that had a balcony. Both rooms were very nice for the price.
    It's completely girl and LB friendly and we had no problems or dirty looks from anyone. I am sure you could take a few guests back with no problems at all.
    There is a lady on site who manages the Diana Oasis part of the complex and nothing is too much trouble for her. Very friendly to the guests.
    There are 2 excellent swimming pools and the restaurant serves from 8am to 8pm. We ate there many times and the food was top class, Thai and western.
    Overall, for 1100bht per night with a full breakfast, I don't think you can go wrong really.
    More of a private feel than a hotel and if we go back to Patts, it's the first place I would check out again. They are always well booked up, so out of season is probably the best chance you will get at short notice.
    It does state on their website the rooms are cleaned three times a week, but the owner assured us extra cleaning could be arranged if it was required. Clean towel were also available daily so we had no problems.
    I had added a couple of pictures of the room, for the price it was excellent.
    Annie
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^ Looks nice Annie.

On my next trip I have booked Irish Rovers guesthouse for 3 nights, then on to Tims Boutique for 4 night.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I've booked the Jasmine Hotel Pattaya ( Jasmine Hotel Pattaya ) for the 6 days I'll be there in February. A superior room (one up from Deluxe at this hotel), with balcony and small kitchenette was 950 baht/night. Its a block from Walking Street and is located on a small dead end Soi called Soi BJ, which in itself has to be a selling point! 555 It has gotten decent reviews on a few sites, and so I'm hopeful. I'll be posting pics and a review after the trip.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

When I go to Patts for a few days early next year i will probably just cruise down Soi Buakow and check out whats on offer for around 1000THB a night.
    Last time I went at the same time there were tons of places with good rooms available, some offering big discounts on regular rates.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

When I go to Patts for a few days early next year i will probably just cruise down Soi Buakow and check out whats on offer for around 1000THB a night.
    Last time I went at the same time there were tons of places with good rooms available, some offering big discounts on regular rates.
    Hi C1,
    You might like to look at booking ahead for this one, everyone has raved about it on PA, my expat mate who lives 3 blocks away took his wife there for a sort of honeymoon, when they came back from the Baan. He posted photo's of the room with the spar, he stayed in, and it has been booked out since.

Rooms Above The New Chow Soy Restaurant - Pattaya Forum

I checked out the restaurant, was very good, but as it was full, couldn't get to see any of the rooms.

Cheers,
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Visted Pattaya for 2 days on my most recent trip for the first time.
    Must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a nice change up from the usual Patong/BKK.

Stayed at the Eastiny Bella Vista - recommended by a friend living in Thailand.
    As expected, was very budget - 1100/night. Good location - Soi 7/8.
    Will certainly be looking to other options next time around. Looking at Areca Lodge - Wooders recommendation.
    Didn't venture far from Beach Road/Walking St.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Mrs M and I stayed at LK Mansion for 5 nights over New Years

LK Mansion - LK Group Pattaya Hotels " Welcome to LK Group Definitely Exclusive Hotels & Resorts in Pattaya Thailand "

Paid only 1150 baht a night - room only - good location - good value - big clean rooms - decent roof top pool - free security box with own key (like a group of small lockers) in an area at reception - wifi at (reasonable) extra cost. Chosen because it was available and because there were no added charges for NYE. Happy to stay there again.

Enjoy..
    Life is the unexpected ...

Thanks Minder. Will certainly keep that in mind.

Beach Garden Resort in Naklua. Clean and not expensive, near to the Bath Bus........

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I always stay at Tim Boutique these days , renamed the Intimate Hotel by Tim , perfect location for me , just across from Mike Shopping , Soi Diana and Soi Honey around around the corner , WS or Soi 8 area just a 5/10 minute walk away , on the Baht Bus route to get home . Rooms are good , normal rooms have a shower and a bath , more expensive for a jacuzzi room and suites available also , the best thing for me is the roof top pool

Cons - a little pricey and you have to pay for the Internet , but if you log off a 24 hour card will last for a couple of weeks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Previously I stayed at the Diana Inn , from my first trip to Patts , again perfect location , on the second road , but hotel was getting a little "tired" for my liking , nice pool , I used to stay in the new pool wing

Ibis Pattaya Hotel stayed there in march, great hotel with pool and free wifi. 1,300 baht a night. northern end of pattaya just past soi 1

just a short stroll to drinking street, soi 6 & 7.
    Ibis Pattaya (Thailand): See 477 Hotel Reviews and 102 Photos - TripAdvisor
    Last edited by josho; 9th June 2013 at 23:08.

Does anyone have a decent map of the main area?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast