Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Pattaya Hotel suggestions

Looking for somewhere in mid March. I like to try different places if I can just to compare from places I have already stayed. So many places to choose from in Pattaya and I’ve enjoyed all of those I have experienced so far. I have a few old faithfuls to fall back on if needed.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Dusit Thani or you're an idiot!
    Is it guest friendly ?

the Avani isn't anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    October and August suites are a good option.
    what about the April one

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    October and August suites are a good option.
    I like the look of the August and April suites and my mate rates the March hotel. They are all in the same area but I like to be closer to LK Metro. I stayed in that area once at the At Mind Premier suites. Great place but too far out for me.

I still like the Sea Me Spring hotels on soi 10. Mainly because of the noise cancelling carpets in the hallways.
    Last edited by Quarky; 4th March 2019 at 05:42.
    Rockitt likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Is it guest friendly ?

the Avani isn't anymore
    1st you mentioned Avani before
    They took over that nice Marriott right in the center of Pattaya

As for Dusit Thani
    I wouldn't have a clue but I want to say yes, actually

Funny moment
    The last time we stayed there they had girls walking around the pool giving out cups of draft beer for free

They were absolutely BG's

The only thing is it is real Asian/Thai hotel so I could see it being guest friendly but the other guests being snotty

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I like the look of the August and April suites and my mate rates the March hotel. They are all in the same area but I like to be closer to LK Metro. I stayed in that area once at the At Mind Premier suites. Great place but too far out for me.
    I reckon March is out of the way, I would go for August Suites as I ended up having to walk thru there to get to April Suites anyway, August is just off Pattaya Klang and easy walk to Soi 7 and Baht Buses down Soi Buakow..
    Rockitt likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    No one stays at the Areca anymore. I still stay there after 10 years..55
    Quarky likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    1st you mentioned Avani before
    They took over that nice Marriott right in the center of Pattaya

As for Dusit Thani
    I wouldn't have a clue but I want to say yes, actually

Funny moment
    The last time we stayed there they had girls walking around the pool giving out cups of draft beer for free

They were absolutely BG's

The only thing is it is real Asian/Thai hotel so I could see it being guest friendly but the other guests being snotty
    yes I recommended Avani as you already have a wife , they now charge 1,000 per night JF , plus the joiners are not allowed to use the facilities ( pool etc ) in the hotel ( not an issue for me ) , after a lot of email tennis I got the JF waived as it was a very new policy then , but it's still a lovely place to stay , great location and cracking pool area

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    No one stays at the Areca anymore. I still stay there after 10 years..55
    i have thought about it , but never got round to ever staying there

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Have a search for "The Base" it is a hirise apartment building on 2nd Rd Between Soi Dianna and Honey.

It is only 2-3 years old and should be around $70-75 au a night.
    Rockitt likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Have a search for "The Base" it is a hirise apartment building on 2nd Rd Between Soi Dianna and Honey.

It is only 2-3 years old and should be around $70-75 au a night.
    they are just starting the building work on the Edge next door

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    they are just starting the building work on the Edge next door
    That's something to consider but I would think the Base units would be soundproofed and there are lots of units on the other side.

To be honest I think anywhere in close in Patts has noise coming from something, construction, bars, GoGo's etc.

That's something to consider but I would think the Base units would be soundproofed and there are lots of units on the other side.

To be honest I think anywhere in close in Patts has noise coming from something, construction, bars, GoGo's etc.
    Sea Me Spring hotels... like sleeping in a vacuum... don't hear a thing... 55

By the way... if I say a BG is my wife... will most hotels waive the joiner fee? Or do they ask you to prove it?

By the way... if I say a BG is my wife... will most hotels waive the joiner fee? Or do they ask you to prove it?

Nick I doubt there are more than a dozen hotels in Patts, out of thousands, that are not Girl friendly.

I would think if you were staying in one they would look for a wedding ring, suitcase etc and if you only had her for a night/day then she was gone they would hold you to the fee.

Nick I doubt there are more than a dozen hotels in Patts, out of thousands, that are not Girl friendly.

I would think if you were staying in one they would look for a wedding ring, suitcase etc and if you only had her for a night/day then she was gone they would hold you to the fee.
    I was more thinking in general around Thailand. Just wondered how guys with Thai wives let the hotels know they are married rather than "on tour" with a TG?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Sea Me Spring hotels... like sleeping in a vacuum... don't hear a thing... 55

you check in together.... no need to say anything , joiners are the ones you bring back in the wee small hours .. it's not rocket science
    sidvicious likes this.

I was more thinking in general around Thailand. Just wondered how guys with Thai wives let the hotels know they are married rather than "on tour" with a TG?
    wife / GF it's doesn't matter if you check in together then she should be treated as a guest, same as you
    Quarky likes this.

If you are traveling with a TG be it a BG, or someone off Thai Friendly, or an old friend and you both have baggage and check in together and stay together the time of stay then no problem.

I even had Jeab book in the night before I arrived as I wasn't getting there till 2am. I just sent an email with a photo of us together to the motel and asked them to admit her the afternoon before.

I think it comes back to the attitude of the two people, the Thai will know if your a couple for the time of the booking and that's all they are looking at.

If you are traveling with a TG be it a BG, or someone off Thai Friendly, or an old friend and you both have baggage and check in together and stay together the time of stay then no problem.

I even had Jeab book in the night before I arrived as I wasn't getting there till 2am. I just sent an email with a photo of us together to the motel and asked them to admit her the afternoon before.

I think it comes back to the attitude of the two people, the Thai will know if your a couple for the time of the booking and that's all they are looking at.
    I had problems in the past even when checking in together. Luckily at the time she wasn't a shy retiring type and gave them both barrels... but this happened a few times. She was always dressed appropriately and was obvious we had arrived from airport together etc... I'd even given her name in advance... still tried it on... Going back ten years though... maybe things have changed. Then again maybe I don't look appropriate with any girl.. 55

But wondered if passports with same surname etc are checked.
    Last edited by Quarky; 4th March 2019 at 17:45.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast