Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Pattaya Hotel suggestions

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar

Pattaya Hotel suggestions

Well we have leave from work in October and not yet fully decided on Patong or Pattaya again (or a mix of both!). If we head to Patong our choice of hotel is easier but looking at the Pattaya hotels it's a bit more tricky. Having only stayed four nights, we didn't get to know Pattaya fully!
    We loved the rooms (and location) at Evergreen Areca but we did have to pay a 300baht joiner fee (as we are a couple). Also I do prefer a pool with a bit more shade, tropical would be nice but I do know this is Patts not the Maldives!!!

Any suggestions, so far I have looked at the ones mentioned on here

Nature view, Siam Bayshore and Sandy Spring. (I have emailed to enquire about joiner fees).

Don't really want to pay more than 2000baht per night, Would prefer lower if poss.
    Thanks
    Annie

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Mrs W and i stayed 10 days at The baywalk residence on Beach rd.
    Very close Walking st.

Book the dearest room at Nature View on the top floor for a few nights at least, can't go wrong! No JF and you can point to me as your referee via TripAdvisor.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

OK thanks I will look at those.

Oh and another hate of mine in hotels is grubby carpet on the floor. If it's going to be carpet it needs to be good, our hotel in BKK had carpet and it was spotless. Areca Evergreen had wood floor and was very nice. First room (Areca) in old block the carpet was awful, badly stained and worn. UGH

Edit: BTW I received an email reply within 45 minutes from Nature View. 200 baht joiner for a third person... but only 1000baht per night for week long stay. That is the price for their most expensive room. Very nice reply too.
    Last edited by Annie; 12th June 2011 at 22:51.

200 baht is ok, more like 'extra guest/child' fee. NV has all porcelain tiled floors ... no carpet!
    Annie likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Soi 2. But they have nice swimming pools here...

Sabai Lodge - Pattaya, Thailand
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Siam Bayshore charge 1000 baht guest fee. They also advise 'King bed' subject to availabity on arrival.
    Strike that one off the list.

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    Heard good things about Tims Boutique - may want to check whether they charge JF though Annie.

Thanks DP & Wooders, another couple to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    Heard good things about Tims Boutique - may want to check whether they charge JF though Annie.
    MMM this hotel looks nice, but just heard from them. They will charge us 1000baht extra guest charge. 555 = not

Any other suggestions???

May end up back in Areca, but even they charge 300 baht extra guest.
    Nature View looks good but dont think they have safes in the room
    Need to start looking, October will come too quick I think.
    Last edited by Annie; 21st July 2011 at 04:55.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    No joiner guest fees at the LK hotels.....Renaissance and Metropole are both well positioned on soi Diana

^^^ Again I wish. I enquired about JF (as we are a couple) and their prompt reply was "Please note that we charge
    500 THB/person. Best regards". (LK Residences)

Our hotel in BKK (Presidents Palace) was not so strict on three in a room. But then the bed could sleep five easily
    I will keep looking and then decide when I have exhausted our options.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    ^^^ Again I wish. I enquired about JF (as we are a couple) and their prompt reply was "Please note that we charge
    500 THB/person. Best regards". (LK Residences)

Our hotel in BKK (Presidents Palace) was not so strict on three in a room. But then the bed could sleep five easily
    I will keep looking and then decide when I have exhausted our options.
    Maybe you and your husband could enter the hotel separately... each with a girl...

...may work?

^^^ Yeah may work DP (welcome back btw) if not we may have to bribe the receptionist with a few baht. Nature View looks great for the money. Will think about that one maybe. Don't want to overspend this trip, lots of expense coming up with the daughters ATM!

pattaya2011
    Furama Jomtien Beach is the best !

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    WTTB Pattaya2011. By the name I am guessing you would have had some experience in the field. Look forward to readding about it all

Next trip booked...We have decided to take a bit of a chance with our choice of accommodation in the end. We booked this residence in Diana Estates. It's not really a hotel, more like serviced apartments. The lady we emailed was so prompt and helpful with her replies we thought we would take a chance. She even rang us here in UK to answer a couple of questions we had!! One or two things I am a bit worried about but really I am quite easily pleased, so I am sure it will be fine.
    I am mostly fussy about carpet, beds and bedding. If this is all good we should be fine. We did have to book the more 'traditional tower' room as these rooms have 'bigger beds!!' The location is good and the pools look nice with quite a bit of shade.

Mind you we can change our mind at any time, watch this space.

*Diana-Oasis - Home

Hope the link works.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Next trip booked...We have decided to take a bit of a chance with our choice of accommodation in the end. We booked this residence in Diana Estates. It's not really a hotel, more like serviced apartments. The lady we emailed was so prompt and helpful with her replies we thought we would take a chance. She even rang us here in UK to answer a couple of questions we had!! One or two things I am a bit worried about but really I am quite easily pleased, so I am sure it will be fine.
    I am mostly fussy about carpet, beds and bedding. If this is all good we should be fine. We did have to book the more 'traditional tower' room as these rooms have 'bigger beds!!' The location is good and the pools look nice with quite a bit of shade.

Mind you we can change our mind at any time, watch this space.

*Diana-Oasis - Home

Hope the link works.
    Perfect... this is where all the massage shops are that I mentioned on another thread...

Nice apartments and no carpet to worry about. 5555 You'll have to at least inspect NV and do a comparative write-up... ok?
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Perfect... this is where all the massage shops are that I mentioned on another thread...
    Just perfect then... Hope the girls are not the 'bored looking' one's 5555

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Nice apartments and no carpet to worry about. 5555 You'll have to at least inspect NV and do a comparative write-up... ok?
    Yes will do that Rob, NV does look good but just one or two things put us off a little. No shade at the pool was a biggy, also I had read somewhere that there were no safes in the room, is this correct???
    We plan to check out the area, and we will have time to explore a little on this trip.
    Will write a TR after, no doubt!
    Last edited by Annie; 15th August 2011 at 01:49.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast