Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: renting property in Thailand newbie help

Cadet Gold

renting property in Thailand newbie help

im thinking if i came to Thailand for a month as i currently plan to do, it would be much cheaper to rent some where than use a hotel/airbnb so how dose it work out there short term rental any strange laws or things i need to be aware of thank you im thinking 600-800 for the month
    Last edited by poseidon; 29th September 2015 at 19:43.

Where do you want to rent? I rented a pretty nice place in Bangkok for around 300 a month for 3 months. Pattaya will have pretty cheap monthly rentals. A lot of hotels/serviced apartments offer cheaper deals for month long accommodation.
    poseidon likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet Gold
    cool i have narrowed it down to pattaya being not far from Bangkok and Arryuthia have won the argument for me. As for where in pattya im still learning the lye of the land my biggest worry is flood damage followed by being close to transport/nightlife so i will keep researching

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Sorry Poseidon , I think you're mad ... from last week when you were never coming back to Thailand to looking at renting a place for a month in Pattaya .... you will be travelling in low season , no need to book anything in advance , go to Patts first , see if you actually like it ... then make a decision , its only your second visit , its best to explore the country a little , with a month you can have a great time travelling around
    Quarky, Sydney, supersub and 3 others like this.

Flood damage? Just don't get a ground floor apartment.. 55

2nd Road Soi 7 to Soi 14 area is a good starting point... as sort of in the middle of everything...
    poseidon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Sorry Poseidon , I think you're mad ... from last week when you were never coming back to Thailand to looking at renting a place for a month in Pattaya .... you will be travelling in low season , no need to book anything in advance , go to Patts first , see if you actually like it ... then make a decision , its only your second visit , its best to explore the country a little , with a month you can have a great time travelling around
    Good point. A month in Pattaya is a long time if you hate it... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    P...your question is as long as a piece of string.

It depends on what you expect, your required standard of accomodation.

At the moment there is a glut of rentals coming into the Patts market, all the units that were sold to the Ruskies before their money tanked. There is 13,000 units to be finished construction in the next 5 months, Patts and surrounding areas, like Jontimen.

Join PA and there are many BM's that own units for rent there, also several Estate Agents are BM's.
    poseidon likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Spot on.

Plan your trip properly this time and spend the month moving around seeing new places. You'll have a much better time.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Flood damage? Just don't get a ground floor apartment.. 55

2nd Road Soi 7 to Soi 14 area is a good starting point... as sort of in the middle of everything...
    On the contrary...a ground floor apartment is the safest place to be.....especially in Pattaya...

Cadet Gold
    im not sure i mentioned the air asia flight that was nearly flipped over by turbulence and rough weather cabin crew dropped everything they where doing and jumped into the nearest empty seats in short has put me off flying about in low season in south east Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    On the contrary...a ground floor apartment is the safest place to be.....especially in Pattaya...
    Why is that? Quick exit in a fire?

Platinum
    He is probably thinking on the urge some Farangs have to fly when they are drunk...

You can probably also call that a quick exit.
    Quarky and Dazza like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    im not sure i mentioned the air asia flight that was nearly flipped over by turbulence and rough weather cabin crew dropped everything they where doing and jumped into the nearest empty seats in short has put me off flying about in low season in south east Asia
    where were you flying from and to?

sounds a bit heavy duty. done a lot of miles in the air around here and never been in one like that....thankfully!
    poseidon likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Because the standard height of a railing is less than in western countries...especially on verandahs...all sorts of accidents happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Because the standard height of a railing is less than in western countries...especially on verandahs...all sorts of accidents happen....
    I'm very careful to stand well back... with a rope around my waste... 55

Cadet Gold
    yeah it was rough moo flying from phuket to chiang mai the whole flight had me strapped in and gripping the seat the whole way then as we start coming in to chiang mai pilot turns the plane littrealy watched the air rush over the wing next thing the plane is being jerked very violently towards the right much further some sort of barrel roll would have happened im sure of it, you know things are wrong when cabin crew are jumping into seats and gripping the seats for dear life

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    yeah it was rough moo flying from phuket to chiang mai the whole flight had me strapped in and gripping the seat the whole way then as we start coming in to chiang mai pilot turns the plane littrealy watched the air rush over the wing next thing the plane is being jerked very violently towards the right much further some sort of barrel roll would have happened im sure of it, you know things are wrong when cabin crew are jumping into seats and gripping the seats for dear life
    Wasn't that during the tropical storm that hit around that time, 5555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Wasn't that during the tropical storm that hit around that time, 5555
    Is that the same one that turned the Pattaya streets in to white water rafting rivers?
    poseidon likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Yeah. That's the same one. It think it lasted 4-5 days.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Always sit near the back. They always find the tail.
    Quarky, chelski, PGC and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast