Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Billabong Bar

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar

Billabong Bar

I see there is another Billabong Bar opened on 2nd Road on the junction with Soi 3.
    Aptly named Billabong 2 after the original on LK Metro, and also open 24 hours . I'll be heading down that way in 2 weeks time on my next trip.
    PeteGill likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Opened by Greg, or new owner now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Opened by Greg, or new owner now?
    I'm note sure mate, I only found this out from viewing a new video from Kev in Thailand. He went to the grand opening night.

I made a visit last week and to be honest, I didn't bother staying. I was the only one in there! The place looks fine but maybe it might get livelier after the mourning period. So I cheered myself up by walking to Soi 6 instead. 555
    PeteGill likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    In my seven odd years of visiting Pattaya, I have only ever been to the Billlibong a couple of times, It's never done it for me.

So what is worth recommending Rockitt? I should be in Patts at the very beginning of March...

^ Same here, I only went there for their great value brekkie, but they don't serve it any more. Actually, I haven't ventured into LK Metro at all last couple of trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I made a visit last week and to be honest, I didn't bother staying. I was the only one in there! The place looks fine but maybe it might get livelier after the mourning period. So I cheered myself up by walking to Soi 6 instead. 555
    Not the best location, alot of bars have been lost from Soi 3. Did you venture into Lisa Bar (the one on 2nd Rd, not Soi 6), they have some hot dancers there, though barfines are steep (1000 Bt IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Not the best location, alot of bars have been lost from Soi 3. Did you venture into Lisa Bar (the one on 2nd Rd, not Soi 6), they have some hot dancers there, though barfines are steep (1000 Bt IIRC).
    No I didn't but I did hit the one on 6. I always enjoy it there,a well run bar I think.

^ Yes, one of the few 'authentic' Soi 6 bars left now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    In my seven odd years of visiting Pattaya, I have only ever been to the Billlibong a couple of times, It's never done it for me.

So what is worth recommending Rockitt? I should be in Patts at the very beginning of March...
    Well I'm not too fond of Billabongs drink system. ie, buying 2 drinks at a time. Sometimes you don't want to hang around for 2 or 4 beers. Buying just one is expensive. Their system seems to work though because it was the only busy bar on LK Metro and there is always lots of girls floating around.
    Scooter bar on LK and Soi Bukhao were also very busy most nights. Great music and beautiful girls. The Mammasan at the LK Scooters is stunning!
    I didn't venture down to walking street this time, I can find most things I want in the LK area these days. Hoping to return in Mid March next year.

I should be there the first week of March.

Newby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Well I'm not too fond of Billabongs drink system. ie, buying 2 drinks at a time. Sometimes you don't want to hang around for 2 or 4 beers. Buying just one is expensive. Their system seems to work though because it was the only busy bar on LK Metro and there is always lots of girls floating around.
    Scooter bar on LK and Soi Bukhao were also very busy most nights. Great music and beautiful girls. The Mammasan at the LK Scooters is stunning!
    I didn't venture down to walking street this time, I can find most things I want in the LK area these days. Hoping to return in Mid March next year.
    If you buy one beer they half the price so it costs the same.
    Bacon likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    Buy two for the price of one and get a second one absolutely free

Also welcome to the board.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Someone posted a beach bar sign not too long back, and it said "Buy two get one"......555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Buy two for the price of one and get a second one absolutely free

Also welcome to the board.
    Wait I fucked my own joke. Meant to say buy one for the price of two and get a second one free.
    Quarky and Tingtong like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    So when was this "original" Billabong bar on Soi Metro opened?
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

^^ No Idea but it has been around ever since my first visit to Pattaya, so at least 8 years, probably longer

Billabong bar in LK Metro always seems to be the busiest bar on the block. It's got a good corner position for people watching but I find it a bit loud music wise because it has to compete with all the other music bars in the area.

Newby
    It used to be like that. They've now changed it when I went back there. You buy 1 beer, you drink 2 beers, or you pay for 2 beers and drink 1. BS. You can't go there and have 3 drinks, it must be an even number. I won't be going back there with this nonsense pricing system. The beers are about 90 baht each but they make it hard to figure that out.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    It used to be like that. They've now changed it when I went back there. You buy 1 beer, you drink 2 beers, or you pay for 2 beers and drink 1. BS. You can't go there and have 3 drinks, it must be an even number. I won't be going back there with this nonsense pricing system. The beers are about 90 baht each but they make it hard to figure that out.
    So just have two or four or more ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast