Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Is this a scam?

Newby

Is this a scam?

Just planning a holiday later this year and found this site
    Wondering if anyone has heard anything about them, the usual google on the details on the site yields nothing.
    Interested in any similar services if you'd care to suggest also?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sounds like they want to charge you for something you can easily do yourself..

Not your company is it?
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Newby
    Not affiliated at all
    First trip over there, there's volumes of conflicting out of date info.. this seemed like an easy option.
    Was mainly concerned about the %40 up front with bank transfer the only payment option

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I didn't click on the link but what places are you interested in? What country or city are you planning on going to for your holiday?

Maybe we can help you rather than some web site.

Oh BTW welcome to TD

Newby
    Hey Ozzy, thanks for the welcome

Initially looking at Phuket in October for about 10 days
    Although the more I read Pattaya seems to be ok too
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farque View Post
    Just planning a holiday later this year and found this site
    Wondering if anyone has heard anything about them, the usual google on the details on the site yields nothing.
    Interested in any similar services if you'd care to suggest also?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Complete rip off , anyone would be a mug to book with them , when they can do it cheaper themselves , WTTB

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    WTTB F With SE's post in mind, how much do you know about Thailand in relation to where to go and when to ensure you get the kind of holiday you want?
    Always remember you are paying, so getting what you want is pretty important.

I haven't taken the "Package tour" route in this respect, which I understand you can get in places like the Dominican Republic as well as Thailand, maybe other places too.
    If you are the kind of guy that needs guidance and guarantees etc, why not? I mean if after three days its not working out you can switch, sounds fair. Also I'd say if you've got a local rep on hand while you are there that would be an advantage in the know how stakes. You will leave as an expert, and book your trip back before you even leave.

If you feel confident enough to cruise the bars and clubs and have time to link into some local knowledge then why not. That being said, there are some hotels where you pretty much only have to walk downstairs from your room to meet your choice of ladies and cut your own deals from there.

Some of the guys here might fill you in with names of places they've been recently you can check out for yourself.

Good luck with what you decide.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Farque, Thailand is an easy place to get the sort of holiday you want

use a site like Kayak to book flights and , Booking.com for hotels. In Phuket you need to make sure your hotel is guest friendly and not too far away from the action. Pattaya most hotels are guest friendly. Girls are everywhere in Patts and Bangla in Phuket you don't need much assistance once there.

let us know what your budget per day is and requirements for hotels is and I'm sure we can come up with some recommendations

I personally wouldnt trust any travel website that can't spell the local currency

Newby
    Thanks for all the advice

That site was actually about half the price of the other ones... so I didn't think $AU1200 incl transfers, accommodation and entertainment was that bad.

Background- Mid 40s, recently divorced, well travelled but first visit to Thailand. Not really the Kontiki type, accommodation tossing up between airbnb or villa/condo rental($30 -$50per night avg)
    Flights via skyscanner when I decide where I want to land.

Happy enough to cruise bars and clubs... but despite reading mountains of info on websites and boards like this, the whole "walk downstairs from your room to meet your choice of ladies and cut your own deals from there" still a grey area

Anyhoo thanks again, and looks like that site is off the list and will rethink the approach with the above advice onboard

Newby
    *edited*...
    Last edited by farque; 27th August 2017 at 22:14. Reason: dbl post

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farque View Post
    Thanks for all the advice

That site was actually about half the price of the other ones... so I didn't think $AU1200 incl transfers, accommodation and entertainment was that bad.

Background- Mid 40s, recently divorced, well travelled but first visit to Thailand. Not really the Kontiki type, accommodation tossing up between airbnb or villa/condo rental($30 -$50per night avg)
    Flights via skyscanner when I decide where I want to land.

Happy enough to cruise bars and clubs... but despite reading mountains of info on websites and boards like this, the whole "walk downstairs from your room to meet your choice of ladies and cut your own deals from there" still a grey area

Anyhoo thanks again, and looks like that site is off the list and will rethink the approach with the above advice onboard
    Go with the flow my son, you will never know what comes you way. Play things by ear, and if you are happy and feel comfortable with who you meet, then give it a go. If not move on, plenty of choices out there. So my mates told me 55555

we used to have a stickie on bar girl etiquette... how to meet a tg etc... in the newbies section, but has gone now.

are you familiar with how it all works?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    WTTB It is pretty easy to learn the ropes in Pattaya. And there are plenty here who would be quite happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Don't even think about using such a service, IMO

The best part of going to Thailand for the 1st time is finding how to things in your own.

Most BM's on here would love to be in your position to be experiencing a 1st time again.

And since you found this forum, you will have plenty of info to do it on your own.....yet not feel like you are mapping everything out.

You will have a blast

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Complete rip off , anyone would be a mug to book with them , when they can do it cheaper themselves , WTTB
    I've done sillier things!

Farque, go by yourself. Read a few of the TRs on this (and other) forums. Keep to Short Time (ST) and you'll be OK.

And make sure you go to Bush Mountain first.... you need to set a base level...
    Bawdy and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    I've done sillier things!

Farque, go by yourself. Read a few of the TRs on this (and other) forums. Keep to Short Time (ST) and you'll be OK.
    I'd specifically suggest someone be open to the GFE on their 1st trip
    I think you gain so much more, on your 1st trip, than a bunch of quick bangs

Doing the GFE on my 1st trip has so many fond memories that you'd never get just doing ST's

Just going out to eat with a bunch of Thai girls.
    Going back and hanging out in a TG's room with a bunch of local girls
    Trying different foods

I'm not saying to force a GFE, but I'd advise to be open to it, even if it just for a short holiday fling

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'd specifically suggest someone be open to the GFE on their 1st trip
    I think you gain so much more, on your 1st trip, than a bunch of quick bangs

Doing the GFE on my 1st trip has so many fond memories that you'd never get just doing ST's

Just going out to eat with a bunch of Thai girls.
    Going back and hanging out in a TG's room with a bunch of local girls
    Trying different foods

I'm not saying to force a GFE, but I'd advise to be open to it, even if it just for a short holiday fling
    Don't most newbies find a GFE hard to avoid? That's usually what your average TG wants... so avoiding them is a feat in itself?

I thought our general advice is to not fall in love on your first trip? A GFE might be inviting trouble... 55

Took me about half a dozen trips before I came close to a GFE... and you are right, it is worth doing... once only if possible... 55

(Mainly because I just don't feel comfortable leading the girl on)
    Last edited by Quarky; 28th August 2017 at 07:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Don't most newbies find a GFE hard to avoid? That's usually what your average TG wants... so avoiding them is a feat in itself?

I thought our general advice is to not fall in love on your first trip? A GFE might be inviting trouble... 55

Took me about half a dozen trips before I came close to a GFE... and you are right, it is worth doing... once only if possible... 55
    I don't......I didn't go looking for a GFE
    I actually explicitly remember getting down to Patong and seeing all these guys walking around holding hands with BG/TG's and thinking what idots they were( I don't hold hands with adults but that's another thread 555)
    So I was definitely not searching for it.

But it is, by far, one of the coolest things I've ever done in all my travels

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    As previously mentioned, there are plenty of good people in Pattaya that can show you around. We can give you a couple leads if you decide to go there. There are bars that organise crawls and such.

Phuket even more so as we have resident expats that post here.

And welcome to TD.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast