Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By Bawdy

Thread: getting around in pattaya

Cadet

getting around in pattaya

I am not game enough to use the motorbike taxis and dont want to use the baht bus if i have female company coming back to my hotel with me what are my options?

thanks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Baht bus is perfect if you are on the route , 10 Baht each

but if you want a taxi , then Grab taxi app

Cadet
    can you have a baht bus to yourself? is that common?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justice View Post
    can you have a baht bus to yourself? is that common?
    Then it is just like hiring a Tuk Tuk in Patong , it's considered a private hire then will start at 200/300 Baht depending on how far you are going

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Pick a hotel between Beach Road and Second Road (or nearby), like the Sea Me Spring Hotels on Soi 10, so you can easily go in both directions with the Baht Bus.

Why the fear of baht buses Justice? They are so convenient.... are you unconformable with others seeing you with a girl? If so, just walk.. I often do from Walking Street to as far as Soi 7 or 8.... the girls don't mind and if they do I piggy back em!
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have only been in patts once. Was the first time I was in Thailand in 2002. I went to the travel agent to book a paradise holiday for me and a girl I was seeing at the time. The travel agent recommended pattaya and we went two days later completely oblivious of what was in store. We were staying in a 5 star resort about 5 miles outside the Centre. Our first evening we went in and sat at a bar. I turned to her and said why the fcuk is there so many bar maids. 10 minutes later we copped.

The baht busses were a life saver because every toilet I went into made me gag with the smell. I literally went back to the hotel about 5 times a night because I would have puked otherwise. We split up on the second night and she went away with a guy. It was sink or swim and that’s when I started my love affair with Los.

I loved it but never went back. Mainly because I went to Phuket and found it a much better fit.

I was the opposite.. started in Phuket and eventually went to Pattaya... and found it a much better fit... 55
    Rockitt, Ian Forbes and Bawdy like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I probably would like it but I didn’t like the beach and didn’t like the daytime vibe. Seediness doesn’t bother me but I don’t really like cities and pattaya just seemed more intense.

I also like that I know a lot of people in Phuket. And have friends both western and to a lesser extent Thai that seem to come at the same time. Last time I went to Sami and had a great time but was a bit too quiet. I met a lovely girl and we travelled all over and was great.

This is the longest hiatus since I’ve gone to Thailand in over 10 years. Haven’t been since June where I usually went 7-8 times a year. I do miss it but am not chomping at the bit to return. Maybe the gap will reignite my feelings. I hope so.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justice View Post
    I am not game enough to use the motorbike taxis and dont want to use the baht bus if i have female company coming back to my hotel with me what are my options?

thanks
    Likewise I don't understand your point about the Baht bus, the girls use them every day, there is no "Cheap Charlie" attributed to using them, they do prefer to use Moto taxi for simple speed and to be dropped off at the door.

Your other option is a normal Taxi, they are around, you will see them but they will charge you 200 baht to go 4 blocks. They are usually only used by people that are living/staying in a location that is not on the baht bus route.

My concern for you, would be that if you are using a normal taxi or hiring a baht bus to yourself, the girl is going to think you are crazy with your money, or that you are full of yourself and you are going to be a target to be fleeced.

As Bawdy said, pick where you are staying and you will be able to walk back on most nights.

I don't know if you are planning to do Go Go's all the time or Beer bars for most.

For Go Go's the 2 main areas are Walking Street and LK Metro. Both have good ones.

For Beer bars, I like the area around LK Metro and you can cover down to Soi 8 and back towards Walking St. all on foot and there would be 100? bars in that radius.

As Bawdy said, stay somewhere on 2nd Rd or just off it, the Baht bus goes one way down it and then one way, the other way, along Beach rd.. If you want to go North you jump a bus on 2nd rd and off down to Sois 6 , 7, 8 etc if you want to go South to Walking st you walk thru (1 block) to beach Rd and jump a baht bus.

I recommend somewhere around the 2nd rd and Soi Dianna intersection, unless you want to solely be at Walking st.

Good luck and remember to do a trip report
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    If you really have an issue with transport, do as I do, I always stay in a hotel where I simply walk outside and I am surrounded by the action. Stay on Walking Street, LK Metro, Soi Diana, Soi Honey or even Soi 6, sorted!
    Rockitt likes this.