Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Laid back bar area?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    From just below the Dusit Thani is Holiday Inn and Amaria and then a string of big hotels
    Almost everyone had a nice big open patio outside and not busy on the street

That stretch down to Hard Rock is very nice, IMO
    Yes Paulie that end of beach Rd is a lot quieter and more family friendly ( with the exception of Soi 6 & 6.1 )

I don't know what your looking for but if you want to have a few drinks and people watch LK Metro is a good balance, better than Walking St in my opinion, has some interesting people but not the noise and as many touts etc of WS.

Lots of GoGo's but also bars both small and larger. Climax Bar on the corner of LK and Soi Buakhao is good for people watching, lots of traffic going by.

Billabong Bar is on the corner of the bend and a major meeting place in the area always lots of people there. If you want a bit quieter and still people watch across the road is Cafe Racer bar you can sit there and watch everyone coming and going at Billabong and the street.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Yes Paulie that end of beach Rd is a lot quieter and more family friendly ( with the exception of Soi 6 & 6.1 )

I don't know what your looking for but if you want to have a few drinks and people watch LK Metro is a good balance, better than Walking St in my opinion, has some interesting people but not the noise and as many touts etc of WS.

Lots of GoGo's but also bars both small and larger. Climax Bar on the corner of LK and Soi Buakhao is good for people watching, lots of traffic going by.

Billabong Bar is on the corner of the bend and a major meeting place in the area always lots of people there. If you want a bit quieter and still people watch across the road is Cafe Racer bar you can sit there and watch everyone coming and going at Billabong and the street.
    My buddy Jim is eating with us at Dusit Thani tonight
    We will then just go out with him to his spots afterwards

Thanks for the info though
    Appreciate it

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    My buddy Jim is eating with us at Dusit Thani tonight
    We will then just go out with him to his spots afterwards

Thanks for the info though
    Appreciate it
    hope that Kink is one of his spots

We don’t want to go to walking street but might want to hang out in some bars tonight
    What wrong with Walking street, I like the disco far better then hanging out in Bars.

Cadet
    We donít want to go to walking street but might want to hang out in some bars tonight
    cant understand why walking street always get mentioned ? thats just a smal part of the Pattaya package and chould be avoided

Go up to 2nd street and have a look at Timís Beer/go go Bar .im sure that one will suit you,its enormous big and modern inside,from there you will find some nice places on your walk up to LK Metro,where its tons of places and bars,have a look inside

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ti...!4d100.8812921

I also hate walking Street, maybe I am getting old, but it is too noisy, especially the disco's.

Last trip I took a TG to WS as she had never been there, it only lasted 2 drinks, before I had enough.

Apart from that, this thread is about laid back bars and WS is hardly that.

Most bars during the day are laid back, even on Soi 6, most farangs are night howls in Pattaya but if you wander around you will find one.

For amusement I used to sit at the Jack Tar Bar on Soi 6 and take a seat on one of tables street side and people watch for a few hours as watching some of the specimens of the human race walking down the Soi will make you piss your pants laughing, one example would be I watched a guy who would have been 140Kg+, only wearing a pair of licra swimming trunks, nothing else, All the girls were laughing and shouting 'Hey Sexy Man', he would have squashed a TG to death if went short time with her 55555

The corner bar on Soi 6 is pretty laid back.

But as I said, better to wander, I may like one bar, but you may not.
    Cheers

Scottie

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    There is a place in Chiang Mai called "Zoe in Yellow" or something like that. It's popular with the back packer crowd, but the noise just about blows you away, and the flashing lights makes it difficult to even walk. I went once or twice a long time ago, but only because I was with a crowd who wanted to see it. Yup, I'm just getting old.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post

The corner bar on Soi 6 is pretty laid back.

But as I said, better to wander, I may like one bar, but you may not.
    full of shirtless wonders ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    full of shirtless wonders ...
    People don't realise how disrespectful to Thai's it is to not wear a shirt / T-shirt, unless you are on the beach of course.
    Cheers

Scottie

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    People don't realise how disrespectful to Thai's it is to not wear a shirt / T-shirt, unless you are on the beach of course.
    On a street with tons of hookers barely dressed going upstairs for ST

The centre of Thai culturalism it's not

But, no Thais aren't disrespected by foreigners flying to Thailand to bang hookers, just the guys who walk around with no shirt on 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    On a street with tons of hookers barely dressed going upstairs for ST

The centre of Thai culturalism it's not

But, no Thais aren't disrespected by foreigners flying to Thailand to bang hookers, just the guys who walk around with no shirt on 5555
    That is the weird anomaly about Thailand. It can be far more openly raunchy than in North America, but at the same time with a delicate "pureness' about it. It takes a westerner a long time to understand the differences. A young lady I see regularly right now works at a sexy massage place from noon until 5 PM. She is 24, and goes to university part time to study art. For what ever the reason we seem to hit it off in a friendly way. We both have art in common and I did a few sketches of her for what I hope will be a nice watercolour.

As soon as she saw me today she turned into a bubbly school girl full of energy. I've been around women long enough to know the difference between "just a job" and genuine enthusiasm. When I look at her I think...Damn! I wish I was 50 years younger. 555

The Pattaya Beer Garden would be my choice. Good views, not too loud and decent food and drinks. The Tree Town area is also popular with the girls.

Actually Boys Town is quite laid back. The yobs avoid the place.. so there are a number of chilled bars there. Bit of a queer atmosphere sometimes though.
    Rockitt and Ian Forbes like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ soi Sausage Fest.!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12