Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Pattaya Day Trips

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar

Pattaya Day Trips

Family wants to go to Pattaya for a holiday, no problem say I, but need some ideas for day trips.

A while ago Hatari (where has he gone) mentioned the Navy Base that was interesting. I will have some kids with me, so maybe it wont bore them too much. Anyone know where that is?

Fam also want to see the Nong Nooch Gardens. Sounds ok.

Any other things peops have done?

How well do you know Pattaya Brian? Jomtien Beach over the hill from Pattaya is probably more family friendly than Pattaya itself. But depends what they are interested in...

What is the motivation for them to want to travel to Pattaya in the first place?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Sai Kaew Beach about 30 mins outside Patts , nice restaurant and okay to swim in

waterparks https://www.ramayanawaterpark.com/ex...SAAEgLCIfD_BwE

Buddha Mountain , some other ideas here

https://www.renown-travel.com/daytri...amountain.html

I have been to Pattaya several times, but didn't pursue family stuff. Hotel with a pool, in Pattaya itself is the plan. Last time I went to Jomtien it was a ghost town.

I like the Sea Me Spring Hotels on Soi 10 off Beach Road. There are 3 Sea Me Spring Hotels in that one soi.

Not next to in-your-face P4P. 10 mins walk to Central Festival Shopping Mall. Two mins walk to Beach Road.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    As Quarky said, Jomptien is more family related. I would take them up the Jomptien tower, but in the air tram that goes down to a lovely swimming park. You can see Koh Larn island from the Jomptien tower which is 52 stories high. I've posted pictures of it in the past, but you could find some on the internet... I just checked and there are lots of pictures.

Although I have a variety of suggestions, you really only have one day and have to maximize your time. The beach areas to the south are nice, but take up too much time. Same with the trip to Koh Larn Island which I like, but takes up much of the day. I don't care much for swimming in the ocean off the Pattaya area because of pollution, so that means just sitting under a rental tent while drinking beer... not much good for kids.
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 2nd July 2019 at 06:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    As Quarky said, Jomptien is more family related. I would take them up the Jomptien tower, but in the air tram that goes down to a lovely swimming park. You can see Koh Larn island from the Jomptien tower which is 52 stories high. I've posted pictures of it in the past, but you could find some on the internet... I just checked and there are lots of pictures.

Although I have a variety of suggestions, you really only have one day and have to maximize your time. The beach areas to the south are nice, but take up too much time. Same with the trip to Koh Larn Island which I like, but takes up much of the day. I don't care much for swimming in the ocean off the Pattaya area because of pollution, so that means just sitting under a rental tent while drinking beer... not much good for kids.
    Thanks Ian, we will probably go for 4 days, so nothing too rushed. I went to go on the Jomtien Tower last trip, I think 9pm and it was closed. Read somewhere, maybe this forum, that the waterpark was good and cheap. There is another huge waterpark as well that I am sure the kids will put on their list.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    soi sex...the family that Plays together Stays Together...555

agree with SE..Sa Keaow Beach and The Water Park....best beach in the whole area and The Water Park is great for kids...Graz just took his family tbere and he said that he enjoyed it as much as them..some amazing rides/features there apparently

There are some decent day snorkeling boat trips out of Samae San near Sattahip as well..there are a couple of small islands down there which have large schools of fish..let me know if interested and I can throw up a couple of names...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    What ages are you talking Brian?

If they like shopping markets there is Pattaya Floating markets, about 40 mins? south East. Food and crafts etc.

The Tower is good to go just for the view and Buddha Mt is quick and easy to get to.

Several Islands for a day trip off Patts, and North of Patts as well. Kho Sea Chang is like time has forgotten it.

If they like temples, i haven't been myself, but people I know have and were impressed.

Some 20 kilometers South of Pattaya lies the enormous Wat Yansangwararam temple complex. Set in a huge area of around 145 acres, the complex houses several buildings of very different architectural styles, as well as well kept gardens and a large lake, that make the complex a nice and peaceful place to relax.
    Structures of the Wat Yan

When you enter the Temple complex, the first building you will see is the Viharn Sien, a Chinese temple and museum with a magnificent collection of Chinese artifacts and antiques, one of its kind in Thailand.
    The main temple building of Wat Yansangwararam or Wat Yan for short, is known for its modern design and is built in a very different style than most Thai temples. A pavilion called mondop or mandapa contains a replica of a footprint of the Buddha. Inside a large white chedi (a Buddhist stupa) a number of relics from the Buddha and his followers are kept.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Kids are 10, 11, 12. They live in Patong, so another beach probably not exciting. Will add that temple to the list.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    Kids are 10, 11, 12. They live in Patong, so another beach probably not exciting. Will add that temple to the list.
    Perfect age for the water park then. That's a full day gone.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    Brian are the kids interested in fishing? There are many fishing parks in or close to Patts.
    If so do a google search, the prices and inclusions vary from 150 bht up to all inclusive 1,500 bht.
    Could be a good way to kill 4-6 hrs.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"