Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets go to Phi Phi Island

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Lets go to Phi Phi Island

Most people that go to Phuket end up going on a boat trip to Phi Phi Island at some stage, its a great day out, here is a bit about it and a few tips and pics.

Phi Phi is Thailand's island-superstar. It's been in the movies. It's the topic of conversation for travelers all over Thailand. For some, it's the only reason to touchdown in Phuket. Even with all the hype, it doesn't disappoint.

Phi Phi's beauty is a large chunk of the allure. The islands, when approached by boat, rise from the sea like a fortress. Sheer cliffs tower overhead, then give way to beach-fronted jungle. It's love at first sight.

The second part of the why-we-love-this-place story is attitude: few places on the planet are this laid-back. Of the two islands, one is completely free of human inhabitants (Phi Phi Leh), and the other is without roads (Phi Phi Don). There's no schedule, no hustle-and-bustle, no reason to be in a hurry.

As an added bonus, Phi Phi is affordable. Destinations this beautiful are often reserved for those that can pay dearly. That's not the case here; Phi Phi has something for every budget.

A few tips - Dont have a big night out the night before, boating and hangovers are not a good mix.

Bring the sunscreen, even when cloudy.

Get at the end of the que when boarding the boat, back of the boat rides best, especially in choppy water.

When booking the trip dont pay the advertised price, the brochure had 3000Baht when I last went and I paid 1100Baht(in low season) per person.

All in all its a great day out and good value for money IMO

First stop of the day is usually Maya Bay, very popular stop as you can see in the pics, beautiful beach and cliffs.

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Usually once you leave Maya Bay Beach its a bit of a tour around the cliffs and a short stop at Monkey Island, after we left monkey island we anchored and those that wanted too could go snorkeling.

After we had seen the Monkeys and then gone snorkeling it was time to head to Phi Phi Island for lunch, they had a buffet meal for lunch on this trip. You are then given an hour or so to have a look around the island. There are quite a few Long Tail Boats which are great for the photo's.

Must be about 2pm when you leave Phi Phi and head to your second last stop, cant remember the name of the island but its very small, you can have a drink at the bar or go for a swim or relax on the beach .........

There you have it, a day out on the boat, its about 5pm now back to your hotel for a drink 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Excelent photo's and story as usual Rivo.

That boat had some serious horsepower hanging on the back of it. 5x 225hp I'd hate to be paying for the gas it uses.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Excelent photo's and story as usual Rivo.

That boat had some serious horsepower hanging on the back of it. 5x 225hp I'd hate to be paying for the gas it uses.
    Thanks JC, I thought at first to many photo's then I thought Wabbits will let me know when enough is enough 555

That boat with the 5 x Outboards was quite noisey at the back, my mate has a boat with a 250hp Honda and its very quiet, maybe because of so many engines together, flat out 40 knots they told me.

Check these out JC...........

Great photos Rivo. Not sure I'll ever get to see Phi Phi. Since 2004 I have found it nigh on impossible to go near the sea... I have panic attacks just walking along Beach Road in Patong...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Great photos Rivo. Not sure I'll ever get to see Phi Phi. Since 2004 I have found it nigh on impossible to go near the sea... I have panic attacks just walking along Beach Road in Patong...
    Are you serious?.... I know last time I was there I looked for my closest tsunami tower and checked out the best route to high ground!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Check these out JC...........

I am sure i read about this boat with the 8 engines....and its was running drugs across the english channel or somewhere.....i can;t quite remember how the story
    went but it was going so fast that they had nothing in the sea at the time that could keep up with it oro chase it down. They ended up having to bring in a helicopter to hunt it down....
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Thanks Rivo...great thread...not been to Phi Phi. Not sure why as had plenty of opportunity.

The girl in #6 looks pretty special...worth the trip just to get her photo...555
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Are you serious?.... I know last time I was there I looked for my closest tsunami tower and checked out the best route to high ground!
    Yeah... and recent events in Japan haven't helped. I used to have nightmares as a kid about tsunamis... my parents always told me not to worry as they only happened a long time ago...

Tell you what though... it turns girls off when I tell them... so much for being a big strong man... 555

I'm a reasonable swimmer too... but if I know I am near the sea in a vulnerable area (Patong, Bay of Plenty in NZ etc) I get very uneasy. It's of course a stupid phobia I know... but I am fine in places like Koh Samui and Pattaya because my brain believes the risks are very low there...

Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    The girl in #6 looks pretty special...worth the trip just to get her photo...555
    Looking at the photo's later that night after Phi Phi, my TG says to me you look Lady no Monkey 555

Looking at the photo's later that night after Phi Phi, my TG says to me you look Lady no Monkey 555
    I must admit I didn't notice the monkey until now... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I have panic attacks just walking along Beach Road in Patong...
    I thought that was only at night DP, after that bad experience with a tall lady 555555

I thought that was only at night DP, after that bad experience with a tall lady 555555
    Ahhh you met that LadyBoy... Tsu Nami too? ...555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast