Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tiger Complex

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Heard on the grapevine that the below Tiger complex is closing down and will make way for .... a shopping complex. Queried a few bar owners at the other one and he confirmed he had heard the same.

Tbh I hardly ever drank here on my last trip other then bar funk. Speaking of which bar funk are opening up a new location on Bangla. Life after tiger I guess.

I also heard New Tiger is in the firing line but not been able to verify. Allegedly the bottom half of Bangla (from Sansabai) will be all shops and all the nightlife at the other end.

Not arsed about this one but hope the New Tiger place stays open. It was quite busy when I went last and I had a great time there almost every night.
    I preferred the new old Tiger , with the high poles and the dancers , the new new tiger never really dit it for me , the volume was too much most of the time ...but I haven't been for three years and have no immediate plans to re visit Patong anythime soon , so not that bothered what they do anymore tbh

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Likewise. So October is the date I've been told and apparently it's for both. None of the bar owners I've spoken to confirm the same for New Tiger though so hopefully it's bollocks.

There was a sort of second Tiger Complex on that dirt road... where I think the boxing moved to (from Bangla). Going back a bit.. is it still there?

This is the dirt road at the end of the street that Summer Breeze is on.
    Last edited by Quarky; 22nd July 2018 at 03:43.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I haven't been to Patong in 3 years , it seemed to loose its soul or character with all the gentrification - maybe some day again though as i have some great memories from the place .

Haven't all the bars apart from the first 3/4 rows in the new tiger complex been abandoned by the bar owners ?
    PeteGill and Tingtong like this.

Last time I was in Patong was 2009... and it seemed to have changed in a way I didn't like even then.. and that was before the original Tiger had burnt down...

Tiger Complex

Quote Originally Posted by do ron View Post
    I haven't been to Patong in 3 years , it seemed to loose its soul or character with all the gentrification - maybe some day again though as i have some great memories from the place .

Haven't all the bars apart from the first 3/4 rows in the new tiger complex been abandoned by the bar owners ?

Yes. Most of the bars in the middle and back are shut. It's still a good night there regardless, which is why I'll be surprised if that goes too. I've been going there since 2012 and always had a good night.

The freelance scene has exploded over the last few years so even without tiger I wouldn't be too fussed. In fact I'd probably save some money given the eye watering price of lady drinks there.

Yes. Most of the bars in the middle and back are shut. It's still a good night there regardless, which is why I'll be surprised if that goes too. I've been going there since 2012 and always had a good night.

The freelance scene has exploded over the last few years so even without tiger I wouldn't be too fussed. In fact I'd probably save some money given the eye watering price of lady drinks there.
    Where do you go for FLs these days , only places I've taken them were Tai Pan and Tiger disco on the old side ..... and Banana Disco on my very first night of my first trip ... in 1990 555 ( is that still there ? )

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Where do you go for FLs these days , only places I've taken them were Tai Pan and Tiger disco on the old side ..... and Banana Disco on my very first night of my first trip ... in 1990 555 ( is that still there ? )

Banana is still there I think. Never been. There's loads of other discos on bangla to pick up FLs from. Mostly though I use tinder, TF, beetalk ect

Banana is still there I think. Never been. There's loads of other discos on bangla to pick up FLs from. Mostly though I use tinder, TF, beetalk ect
    What sort of remuneration can a FL expect for LT in patong these days .
    Asking for a friend 👀

Asking for a friend 
    depends how young and hansom your friend is and how suay she is .... 555
    do ron likes this.

Asking for a friend 👀

Not really much of a difference in patong or Samui from what I saw. 2.5k ST 3k LT.

Thing is I don't mind paying a bit more if she's nice as I'm not in some bar throwing money away on LDs.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Not really much of a difference in patong or Samui from what I saw. 2.5k ST 3k LT.
    Patong and the Green Mango Precinct Chaweng (Samui) perhaps...but Lamai and Soi Reggae Chaweng (also samui) BF is usually 300 baht, ST 1K-1500 and LT 1500-2K.....some (in Samui) may ask for a bit more at first but usually settle within those prices ranges if they like you enough...the Patong gals are much harder and more aggressive about pricing imo...

My biggest problem with patong is usually the hassell with lady drinks and not being left alone from the minute you walk in the bar...especially in The Tiger Bars...the bombardment of drinks requests usually has me fleeing within one or two drinks....I don't get that on Samui...

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ having said that there is way more choice of bars/clubs/gals in Patong than there is on Samui...and with that a wider choice of better looking gals..particularly if you are a fan of gogos...some of the show girls in Suzie's, plus some of the pole dancers in Tiger and on Bangla are amazing...they look like catwalk models...you don't really get that on Samui...just the odd diamond in the rough

^The rough aint bad either...

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Patong and the Green Mango Precinct Chaweng (Samui) perhaps...but Lamai and Soi Reggae Chaweng (also samui) BF is usually 300 baht, ST 1K-1500 and LT 1500-2K.....some (in Samui) may ask for a bit more at first but usually settle within those prices ranges if they like you enough...the Patong gals are much harder and more aggressive about pricing imo...

My biggest problem with patong is usually the hassell with lady drinks and not being left alone from the minute you walk in the bar...especially in The Tiger Bars...the bombardment of drinks requests usually has me fleeing within one or two drinks....I don't get that on Samui...

Interesting. I'll be staying in Lamai next time so good to know what the going rate is.

A few years ago the lady drink pressure was ridiculous in Tiger. Past few trips it seems they have all chilled out quite a bit. Still worse than Samui though in that respect.

Interesting. I'll be staying in Lamai next time so good to know what the going rate is.

A few years ago the lady drink pressure was ridiculous in Tiger. Past few trips it seems they have all chilled out quite a bit. Still worse than Samui though in that respect.
    same as you paid in Chaweng , it's the same in Patts as well ... I spend far too much on drinks , but when it comes down to what the girls think they are worth , in most places they are broadly similar ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Nothing about girls

But even being deathly sick last year I really enjoyed Patong

We stay down on Hat Patong Rd and that part of the beach is still very pleasant
    Very good Thai restaurants on the beach

A new beach club right in the middle of Patong

Yes, it's touristy and built up but still plenty of things to do and a good time

I'm thinking of going back in October for a few days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12