Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tiger Complex

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar

Question Tiger Complex

The new Tiger complex in Patong was just a shell when I was there in March. I was wondering how it is progressing, and whether there has been a target set for an opening date?

See my Kamala Kapers thread. Looking good last week, lighting going in, bar tops being installed.... not far off opening.

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    I was thinking about checking that place out but people seem to think it will be quite expensive. Might have to stop in for a bit anyway!

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    Presume it will be 200 baht lady drinks like in Soi Tiger. Hottest girls are in Soi Tiger but can be an expensive night down there!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I suppose someone will have to pay for all the fancy animal decorations. I wonder if it is the beginning of the end for the older style beer bars.

I think they will still be around. I prefer them myself!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    the oldest beer bars......the ones on bangla......are still pulling in the most business

Kangaroo Bar must be a gold mine! Wish I owned that place. Always packed, all year round, most of the day too!

Some nice, friendly girls working there and you do not get hastled too much for lady drinks unlike in the P One bar next door where they are vultures! Spent just over 3000 baht in 25 mins there last trip. Must have bought everyone a drink including the DJ! Teach me for getting mao! I had to make it clear when I returned that it was a one off! 555

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    See my Kamala Kapers thread. Looking good last week, lighting going in, bar tops being installed.... not far off opening.

What's that to the left of it?
    Constant change along Bangla - the Patong Beach Club with the pool didn't last long.

^^ yeah that didnt last long at all!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Really has come a long way since I was there in July. They don't stuff around over there

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    Kangaroo Bar must be a gold mine! Wish I owned that place. Always packed, all year round, most of the day too!

Some nice, friendly girls working there and you do not get hastled too much for lady drinks unlike in the P One bar next door where they are vultures! Spent just over 3000 baht in 25 mins there last trip. Must have bought everyone a drink including the DJ! Teach me for getting mao! I had to make it clear when I returned that it was a one off! 555
    aaahhh...welcome back Mr Wooders..! They are all good girls in there, just very very good at their job. That's the reason why they are number one...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Yes they are very good at their job! Some pretty girls work there and I am a soft touch! Those two combined = many lady drinks! 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Have been to P one last three days! Some noggies lost about 1K on connect 4 in about ten minutes.
    Good thing they not playing for Bahts 555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Just found some more resent picture on this site, so thought I would share New Tiger on Soi Bangla in Patong Beach - Phuket 101 A Phuket Photo Blog

Cant wait to experience it in person. Any one know the plans for the old Tiger?
    Last edited by G4orce; 9th February 2012 at 13:23.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    new Tiger has about 150 bars in it I'd say.....so far about 120 or so have been taken up...only the very back bars are left....It is very busy down at the front but as you go towards the back business thins out

A bar right at the front would turn over lots of money but I have heard the rents are huge.....beers are 120 baht at some bars and Lady drinks 200 in most...the nightclub on the top level is yet to open

as for the old Tiger across bangla...its business as usual

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Because of the current world financial situation, I would be scared stiff, if I had a new, or any bar in Thailand.

We have only seen the tip of the iceberg. Just as happened to soviet USSR The whole of the western world is going to melt down, some less than other's but it is coming. Forget about any pension's and forget most of your superanuation.

Learn to live like the Thai's do, but in you own country. No holiday.

I think, maybe 5-7yrs, just a feeling, but it could be right.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Because of the current world financial situation, I would be scared stiff, if I had a new, or any bar in Thailand.

We have only seen the tip of the iceberg. Just as happened to soviet USSR The whole of the western world is going to melt down, some less than other's but it is coming. Forget about any pension's and forget most of your superanuation.

Learn to live like the Thai's do, but in you own country. No holiday.

I think, maybe 5-7yrs, just a feeling, but it could be right.

I am off to get a drink, do you predict any good news JC ? 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I am off to get a drink, do you predict any good news JC ? 555
    I predict that your beer will be icy cold 5555

Re reading my post, I think I may have beaten you to the beer's or 3 5555555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Heard on the grapevine that the below Tiger complex is closing down and will make way for .... a shopping complex. Queried a few bar owners at the other one and he confirmed he had heard the same.

Tbh I hardly ever drank here on my last trip other then bar funk. Speaking of which bar funk are opening up a new location on Bangla. Life after tiger I guess.

I also heard New Tiger is in the firing line but not been able to verify. Allegedly the bottom half of Bangla (from Sansabai) will be all shops and all the nightlife at the other end.

Not arsed about this one but hope the New Tiger place stays open. It was quite busy when I went last and I had a great time there almost every night.
    Stillearly likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast