Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Kata or Karon recommendations

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Kata or Karon recommendations

Looking at staying a few nights in Kata or Karon in July. Any hotel recommendations? Also, is it a clean beach and ok for swimming?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Looking at staying a few nights in Kata or Karon in July. Any hotel recommendations? Also, is it a clean beach and ok for swimming?
    I spent 2 weeks at the Centra Villas Resort just out of Karon on the way to Patong. Very seculed on side of hills looking out over ocean. Only drawback have to get a taxi 200bt when want to go to Karon.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Swimming is fine at either Karon or Kata....Kata Noi too....much better and cleaner beaches than the majority of Patong beach.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet silver
    Have only ever stayed in Karon once. That was on my first ever trip and we stayed at the Pacific Club Resort. Was a nice place, staff were great. A mate and I booked the 2 bedroom suite which had a large outside area, lounge, dining and kitchen. Rooftop pool. It was a on a hill and about a 10min walk into central Karon. Hotel was great, but we just found Karon to be too quiet for us and we spent most nights commuting up to Patong. I haven't stayed in Kata, but love the beach. It's nicer than Karon IMO, Kata Noi is even nicer. As for swimming in July, lots of drownings in Phuket in low season!!

I really like Kata beach. Never stayed there, but the beach is one of my favourites in Thailand. Had a NZ feel to it...

In low season the village area is very very quiet...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Have stayed in Karon several times over the years for varying lengths of time ... always with a special someone ... would not stay there "alone" in low season .... the beach is nice but can be dangerous at certain times of the year (especially if you are a drunk farang who ignores red flags, beach closed signs and locals waving their arms and yelling "No swim..No swim" as I saw last trip there)
    The Phuket Island View hotel was good value and well located in Karon.

Enjoy..
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Thanks guys. Will check them out.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason