Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport Taxi stories here, The Good & Bad ??

Question Airport Taxi stories here, The Good & Bad ??

I use airport taxi at least one time a month to and from Rawai..
    ually on arivial i use meter taxi (but they never use meter)
    for 600bht piece of junk car..
    but the return trip to airport via the lazy taxi touts sleeping on the beach or in front of local hotels is 1000 to 1200 bht the ROBBERS.....

But my next trip,
    I'm gonna try phuket shuttle 850bht pick up at house or meet at airport look for a sign with my name on it nice cars to all booked online cash payment pay the driver seems like my best option for Airport Taxi..

anybody use this service before?????
    Last edited by Quarky; 27th April 2013 at 18:55. Reason: removed unauthorised advertising link

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^ I haven't.
    I did use a private driver when I was in Patong, he was great and when my mates in pattaya had a holiday in Rawai I gave them his number he charged 1,000bt from airport to Rawai, their friends house, and same when going home, they were very happy with it.

So I would say 850 seems a very good price.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I've only taken a taxi to the airport once in Patong, and I lucked out in having the Mario Andrettie of Phuket taxi drivers. The kid even had a spoiler on this trunk, and maybe needed it too, at the speeds were were going. I wanted to kneel down and kiss the ground when we got to the airport alive!
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

What about the new bus service starting up...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by distantpeak View Post
    what about the new bus service starting up...
    ffff lllloooollll 555555555555555555

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    I've only taken a taxi to the airport once in Patong, and I lucked out in having the Mario Andrettie of Phuket taxi drivers. The kid even had a spoiler on this trunk, and maybe needed it too, at the speeds were were going. I wanted to kneel down and kiss the ground when we got to the airport alive!
    I must have got the same guy....managed a complete 360 spin at speed on the way to Phuket. Was going to carry on as if nothing had happened until I explained, either he slowed down, let me drive or I was getting out and he could swing for his fare. I spent the whole journey waiting for him to pull into a quiet alley full of tooled up Taxi drivers wanting blood, but the journey was quite pleasant. He even waved at me if he passed me on Ratty Rd later in the week.

That's nothing... my taxi driver not only did a 180 degree spin on the motorway to Pattaya... he then drove in reverse for the next 3 miles... back towards Bangkok against the flow of traffic... at night... in the rain... before falling asleep at the wheel...

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    That's nothing... my taxi driver not only did a 180 degree spin on the motorway to Pattaya... he then drove in reverse for the next 3 miles... back towards Bangkok against the flow of traffic... at night... in the rain... before falling asleep at the wheel...
    That's nowt.....My Taxi driver used to get up 3 hours before he went to bed, Chop his arm off, then do a 26 hour shift down T'pit, and still drove his taxi with no wheels or brakes at 200mph.

Mind you.....You try tellin the kids of today that.............................................. ..............And they won't believe you

Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    That's nowt.....My Taxi driver used to get up 3 hours before he went to bed, Chop his arm off, then do a 26 hour shift down T'pit, and still drove his taxi with no wheels or brakes at 200mph.

Mind you.....You try tellin the kids of today that.............................................. ..............And they won't believe you
    I don't know... some kids of today would... Suarez would bite your hand off to hear a story like that...

PGC
    In case you Don't know what T'Pit means

You're taking t'piss... 555

PGC
    I loved the "I took some DVD's and CD's to the desk in HMV......The Good the bad and the ugly.....The Lion the witch and the wardrobe....And the 70's band The The........"

I loved the "I took some DVD's and CD's to the desk in HMV......The Good the bad and the ugly.....The Lion the witch and the wardrobe....And the 70's band The The........"
    Was funny... and I get to hear it every day too... it almost sounds normal now... 555

PGC
    "Tha's a fine arse tha's got on tha love" Was a quote from the bloke on the bar stool next to me at the Malibu Bar on Soi Eric. sHe smiled a demure smile and I often wonder if I should have warned him about Her big hands.....

"Tha's a fine arse tha's got on tha love" Was a quote from the bloke on the bar stool next to me at the Malibu Bar on Soi Eric. sHe smiled a demure smile and I often wonder if I should have warned him about Her big hands.....
    Noooo... Boycott never learned to stay at t'crease for so long, by being warned...

Now... about t'taxi... 555

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Noooo... Boycott never learned to stay at t'crease for so long, by being warned...

Now... about t'taxi... 555
    I wonder how long Malibu boy spent at the crease.......

I wonder how long Malibu boy spent at the crease.......
    I'm laughing too much to think of an answer... though I bet he wasn't given out leg before... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Rawai View Post
    I use airport taxi at least one time a month to and from Rawai..
    ually on arivial i use meter taxi (but they never use meter)
    for 600bht piece of junk car..
    but the return trip to airport via the lazy taxi touts sleeping on the beach or in front of local hotels is 1000 to 1200 bht the ROBBERS.....

But my next trip,
    I'm gonna try phuket shuttle 850bht pick up at house or meet at airport look for a sign with my name on it nice cars to all booked online cash payment pay the driver seems like my best option for Airport Taxi..

anybody use this service before?????
    ?????????????? Last edited by Distantpeak; 27th April 2013 at 15:55. Reason: removed unauthorised advertising link ???????

Just wondering about this editing of the taxi link??
    I was not advertising for the taxi firm,
    I was just asking for information from the members here for another taxi option for Phuket airport etc.
    I've never even used the service so I would not call it advertising.
    so information links are not alowed on the forum ?? correct??
    cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    was he wearing leather driving glove with fake RPM guages on the steering colum????
    I think I had that driver to...same same....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rawai View Post
    ?????????????? Last edited by Distantpeak; 27th April 2013 at 15:55. Reason: removed unauthorised advertising link ???????

Just wondering about this editing of the taxi link??
    I was not advertising for the taxi firm,
    I was just asking for information from the members here for another taxi option for Phuket airport etc.
    I've never even used the service so I would not call it advertising.
    so information links are not alowed on the forum ?? correct??
    cheers..
    Maybe DP should have changed it from a link to just the name. I think naming a business when looking for info is ok. Same as naming a Bar or hotel.

BUT you have to see DP is paid off by the Taxi Mafia, I think he owns a couple 55555555
    Just kidding DP, I do want to be allowed back into LOS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast