Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Pics around Phuket

Phuket's Bang Wad Dam to be made into tourist attraction
    5 March 2015

Phuket: — The area adjoining Phuket’s Bang Wad Dam is to be developed into a tourist attraction which will feature view point areas, plant exhibition area, adventure activity area and health activity area as well as a building which will host seminars and conventions.

Paiboon Upatising, Chief of Phuket Provincial Administrative Oganisation (PPAO – OrBorJor) presented the Bang Wad and Bang Niew Dum Dam Development Master Plan Project which stated that Bang Wad Dam would be turned into another tourist attraction in order to build a tourism network from the east to west of Phuket.

Last edited by Hatari; 7th March 2015 at 12:22.

A bbbbbump for this thread
    My pics all 2009-10

This one from Chalong Pier - in the distance a faint silhouette of Big Buddha, from here to home at base of BB hill I had to negotiate the road between pier and Chalong Circle. Often took longer than planned ..

When it rains ... downpour crosses Phuket, pic from Big Buddha hill

Clear water at Yanui beach
    Last edited by Hatari; 4th October 2017 at 14:44.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Hatari,... You mentioned you road your push bike around Rawai for local transport. I often thought it I lived there I would like to ride my bike. Do you think it would be safer that riding a scooter on short trips ?
    Im not keen on riding a scooter over there.

South of the island, yes, ok for cycling, in other direction furthest I'd normally go was around Cape Panwa/aquarium, or Prince of Songkla Uni I did some sports coaching there, they had a strong MTB club as well as road riding teams; I was less keen around Phuket town itself, just the usual crazy motorists to deal with, and even the hill over to Karon could be dodgy in peak traffic. And I'd guess that is busier traffic now than in 2010
    Also, mine was a triathlon/road race bike not so well suited to local conditions, after about a year I traded it for a MTB, better visibility for rider, and being seen as well, better suited to the often substandard road surfaces too
    Biking at night is not a good idea, poor lighting, too many drunken motorbike riders too
    2010; seems such a long time ago. I'll go back one day, pity all my old contacts there are elsewhere these days.
    One short motorbike v bicycle tale: very late one night on my scooter left Gordon's bar between Kata/Karon heading home alone, at traffic lights onto main road to Chalong I somehow acquired a pillion ...only in Phuket, a deal made in the space of a red light

Rawai sunset

December high schools parade
    Last edited by Hatari; 4th October 2017 at 18:33.
    bacwaan, obes and Tingtong like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678