Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Too much Topping

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Too much Topping

A good read if only for the banter between the editor and his public.

Pizza-Making Phuket Expat Killed by Too Much Topping - Phuket Wan
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I could not wish for a better way to go 5555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I have read a few of the editors comments on some other articles as well.......quite funny but a plonker.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I have read a few of the editors comments on some other articles as well.......quite funny but a plonker.
    Totally agree....PW is a rubbish rag and the editor is, at the very least, a plonker and not a nice one at that.

However, in how many "Newspapers" can you actually address you thoughts about an article with the editor/writer?

I begrudingly respect the fact that he is prepared to stand behind the dross he prints and argue with his readers over the merits of a story (or more commonly its lack of them).

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Is there a better Phuket paper, The Gazette maybe.......

Rock & Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Totally agree....PW is a rubbish rag and the editor is, at the very least, a plonker and not a nice one at that.

However, in how many "Newspapers" can you actually address you thoughts about an article with the editor/writer?

I begrudingly respect the fact that he is prepared to stand behind the dross he prints and argue with his readers over the merits of a story (or more commonly its lack of them).

Enjoy
    I agree as well. But you have to admit, some of the people that write in with comments are first-class plonkers too! 555 Amazing how anyone with a keyboard suddenly fancies themselves an expert on everything.

But that editor has an attitude of superiority that gets my goat. Not stupid though, he knows the more he pisses people off, the more publicity he and his rag get. I really believe that's why he says what he says most of the time.

Rock & Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Is there a better Phuket paper, The Gazette maybe.......
    PG is pretty homogenized, won't find much controversy there. But then sometimes that's what I want. I'll read PG pretty much every day, PW rarely gets a viewing from me, and even then only for a laugh.