Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rawai

Rawai

I will be embarking upon my annual trek to Phuket in a couple of months and was interested if it were worth staying in Rawai for a few days. When I get to HKT, I prefer to spend a few days of down time, working off jetlag and doing some golfing, before I hit the all-nighters at Patong.

From what I'm able to gather, Rawai requires a motorbike as everything is pretty well spread out, is that the case? I'm just looking for a nice (NICE) hotel with a few bars near by.

Thai Palace Resort is near the most bars (example Magic Mushroom) and not that far from The Laguna Nightclub and disco, of course you need transport to get to a better beach.

Quote Originally Posted by mechime View Post
    Thai Palace Resort is near the most bars (example Magic Mushroom) and not that far from The Laguna Nightclub and disco, of course you need transport to get to a better beach.
    I came across Rawai Palm Beach Resort which looks nice as well. Any idea of the surroundings here? Easy to get to bars/restaurants?

P.B.R. have not stayed there as a bit above my price range 555 but a few scattered bars up the hill, a couple of restaurants just around the corner to the beach but most action down the other end; google's walking man works on the beach road and most roads around this area though a bit out of date.

Have moved this to a section which may get you more replies...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Have moved this to a section which may get you more replies...
    Thanks DP!

P.B.R. have not stayed there as a bit above my price range 555 but a few scattered bars up the hill, a couple of restaurants just around the corner to the beach but most action down the other end; google's walking man works on the beach road and most roads around this area though a bit out of date.
    Thanks Mechime! How far of a walk to the 'other end' would you say it is? I've been using Google Maps but I'm not sure where the location for the bars/Laguna nightclub are.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Time to change your board name ?

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Time to change your board name ?
    Not so fast, I'm still spending a fair amount of time in Patong. I just like a few days of peace and quiet to do some golfing, snorkling and catch up on jet lag
    Last edited by luvinpatong; 20th February 2014 at 07:26.

Look for the 7-11 and Nikita's on google, most bars are 100mtr on from there which would be about 1Km from your hotel of choice; bars up the hill about 200mtr and scattered further; also the ICON night Club (after 2am job) that direction up the 4233 near Riviera Villas; girls freelance there after bars close. Laguna, about another 1Km from Nikita's on Wiset Rd, also has a disco from 2am, same same; bar fine in Laguna 500Thb but the girls plobably charge less but less choice 555. Sorry about pic quality and the one in blue is exclusive!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mechime; 20th February 2014 at 20:31. Reason: distance up the hill

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Get a scooter - a lot of F.S. massage joints for 1k all up (includes massage).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    As far as I can recall from a few months back , the 'Deep' bar had a lot of lady boys in it , and 'Freedom Bar' , that always had a good line-up , albeit a bit (or very) aloof bgs BEHIND the bar had fallen over badly.
    It would be 2 to 3 walk around the bend and 'up the hill' ( heading north from Freedom Bar ) to Asia Bar and Jasmine Bar next door , but at least theres a 12 bg line up there, and a happy welcome. Bosses name is Sai Thong and helpful. But on the way theres a few spots and you pass Laguna Bar Group on the right - 2nd pic above
    The road up is 4 lanes , like a freeway , and if you can afford golf , you can afford a scooter at 200 baht ... geez , a caddy tip is ridiculously more than that ( each!) isnt it? 555
    Also , if you go the other way from Freedom Bar , and along the beachfront where all the speed boats are moored , and continue straight thru the intersection about 3ks down , you'll rise up a small hill , and hit another row of bars on your right.
    Roxanes Bar is one of those 4 , and well run , and Jungle Bar is usually fun ...
    Over that small hill and jungle , and down another 2ks you are now in Nai Harn with its own bars.
    But there is some new bars always coming and going in between ...small being the operative word.
    ( Zab is correct that the 'Massage Scene' in Rawai is pretty good down there...)

Good to have pics Mech , and Im wishing for a few clouds like that in Pic 2 now the Hot season is here ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Oh , and if you want a nice beach , you should have a scooter to get to Nai Harn Beach ...Rawaiis is more of a boating bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    The road up is 4 lanes , like a freeway , and if you can afford golf , you can afford a scooter at 200 baht ... geez , a caddy tip is ridiculously more than that ( each!) isnt it? 555.
    555 It's not the cost of a scooter, it's the fact that I never rode one (except on the back of a BG) and I'm not sure Thailand is the best place to learn considering they drive on the left-hand side. Is traffic easy in Rawai or are Tuk Tuk's easy to find?
    Last edited by luvinpatong; 21st February 2014 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    555 It's not the cost of a scooter, it's the fact that I never rode one (except on the back of a BG) and I'm not sure Thailand is the best place to learn considering they drive on the left-hand side. Is traffic easy in Rawai or are Tuk Tuk's easy to find?
    I have a motorbike licence and I don't ride scooters in LOS... so up to you... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Bit manic along the beachfront road for a novice which is also the route for coaches going to Phromthep Cape; as I usually rent a car from Hertz at the airport @ about 800Thb/day, I never looked for tuk tuk but sitting at the open restaurants I did not see any; plenty tourists legging / scootering it; there is a bart bus shuttle but don't count on it being anything like Pattong's; very few taxi's around. Nicer to get an BG LT with a scooter 555.

[QUOTE=mechime;132738]Bit manic along the beachfront road for a novice which is also the route for coaches going to Phromthep Cape; as I usually rent a car from Hertz at the airport @ about 800Thb/day, I never looked for tuk tuk but sitting at the open restaurants I did not see any; plenty tourists legging / scootering it; there is a bart bus shuttle but don't count on it being anything like Pattong's; very few taxi's around. Nicer to get an BG LT with a scooter 555.[/QUOTE)

Thanks for the tip! I don't plan on venturing off too far as we'll be golfing during the day and then relaxing by the pool in the afternoon. Think we've settled of Phuket Sea Resort, right across the street from Nikita's, walking distance to Laguna so looks like a centralized place to stay for a few days before checking into BYD in Patong for 7 nights

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    [QUOTE=luvinpatong;132809]
    Bit manic along the beachfront road for a novice which is also the route for coaches going to Phromthep Cape; as I usually rent a car from Hertz at the airport @ about 800Thb/day, I never looked for tuk tuk but sitting at the open restaurants I did not see any; plenty tourists legging / scootering it; there is a bart bus shuttle but don't count on it being anything like Pattong's; very few taxi's around. Nicer to get an BG LT with a scooter 555.[/QUOTE)

Thanks for the tip! I don't plan on venturing off too far as we'll be golfing during the day and then relaxing by the pool in the afternoon. Think we've settled of Phuket Sea Resort, right across the street from Nikita's, walking distance to Laguna so looks like a centralized place to stay for a few days before checking into BYD in Patong for 7 nights
    Looks like you're in luck

Attached Images Attached Images
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

Looks like you're in luck
    There is another taxi stand out the hotel to the left about 20 meters as well. Looks like I'm all set for a few nights in Rawai. I will include my experience when I write up a TR.
    Last edited by luvinpatong; 22nd February 2014 at 14:05.

How good is google maps! My boss is planning his first trip to Phuket, i showed him around Patong on street view, looking at hotels etc

Also when are you heading over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast