Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By Minder

Thread: 9 Bullets, surely cannot just be road rage

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

9 Bullets, surely cannot just be road rage

Today in Phuket, unloaded all at the lights, can it soley a road rage incident (Courtesy of PhuketWan)

Motorcycle Taxi Rider Shot Dead in Phuket's Main Street by Road Rage Killer: Police in Manhunt
    By Sert Tongdee
    Thursday, October 30, 2014
    PHUKET: A motorcycle taxi rider was shot and killed in an apparent act of road rage today in Phuket City by an angry rider who is now the target of a police manhunt.

The dying motorcycle taxi rider ordered his 10-year-old son, who had been riding pillion, to stand back.

Both motorcycles sought to take the space in Thepkasattri Road, Phuket's main traffic artery, as they approached the major Kuku intersection outside a Siam Commercial Bank near Rajabhat University at 9.10am.

As the bikes pulled up, the angry rider pulled a handgun out and emptied all nine bullets into the motorcycle taxi rider.

He then sped off.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    There is a certain Thai psyche here, amongst a few, who become psychotically enraged about anybody in front of them on the road.
    I've had a couple of close calls - on an electric trike!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    He's probably the local "Headman's son" so now you will see all the Burmese workers fleeing into the bush as the police "Manhunt" intensifies....
    Quarky and pinecone like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Must've been a .40 or .45 cal With a Nine he would've had 6 or 7 more shots left.
    Wasn't much rage either. That guy was very cool and calm during and after the fact.

Last edited by Changone; 30th October 2014 at 16:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    There is a certain Thai psyche here, amongst a few, who become psychotically enraged about . . .
    ...about anything

Phang Nga triple homicide suspect arrested
    October 28, 2014
    “I went to their house to see my one-month-old daughter, but they would not let me come in. They pushed me away and swore at me like I was an animal,”
    . . . “I ‘wai’ to them and begged them for forgiveness. I bent down to the floor and apologized to my mother-in-law, but she shoved her foot in my face.
    “I lost control, grabbed a gun out of my car and shot them all.”

when I see reports like the OP - reminds me of our previous neighbour. young bloke using our garage on a wet day to clean his motorbike. Among the tools, plastic raincoats etc he removed from under the seat, a pistol
    As one does.

Should do the right thing and top himself now.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post

when I see reports like the OP - reminds me of our previous neighbour. young bloke using our garage on a wet day to clean his motorbike. Among the tools, plastic raincoats etc he removed from under the seat, a pistol
    As one does.
    Seems common here.
    Absolutely nothing to be gained by venting on Thai roads.
    Soupdragon and Hatari like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Phuket News TV video here:

Shooting at Kuku Intersection

And a later Newspaper story about the incident:

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-...lice-49409.php

Looks like just a case of road rage. There certainly are a few hot heads around the land of not as many smiles as there used to be.
    Last edited by Mick; 30th October 2014 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    a few hot heads around
    not road rage, but think he qualifies as a hot head, even before he got a car ('Mum! you promised') where he'd have been a candidate for road rage

26 October 2014
    The Criminal Court sentenced a 19-year-old Pathum Thani man to 25 years in prison for killing his parents and brother.
    Akkhawat later said he regretted his actions and did it out of anger. He said his parents always scolded him and that his mother reneged on her promise to buy him a car if he made it to university. They also reprimanded him for his poor academic performance.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Jeeez....certainly wasn't in a hurry was he....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    The nine bullets have been explained.

It was a professional hit ... and the "hit" was bought and paid for on-line ... but it was the first time he had bought one on-line and he forgot to uncheck the "extra insurance" box. 555

Enjoy...
    Last edited by Minder; 2nd November 2014 at 23:05. Reason: Joking
    Quarky likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

It was a professional hit ... and the "hit" was bought and paid for on-line ... but it was the first time he had bought one on-line and he forgot to uncheck the "extra insurance" box.

Enjoy...
    umm....ok......

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

It was a professional hit ... and the "hit" was bought and paid for on-line ... but it was the first time he had bought one on-line and he forgot to uncheck the "extra insurance" box. 555

Enjoy...
    Jez...so that would have cost the purchaser an extra 10k bt?? almost double ???
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

a rage a day . . . today - card rage

2 November 2014
    Two gamblers were killed and at least 10 others injured in a gun attack by a man who lost all of his money in a high-low dice game at a village in Kranuan district of Khon Kaen province early Sunday.
    A gambler identified only as Sam made an angry outburst after losing more than 10,000 baht in the game. After being calmed down by the game banker and other gamblers who gave him 300 baht and told him to go home, the man went away on his motorcycle. About one hour after he left, Sam returned with an AK47 rifle and opened fire indiscriminately at the gamblers and other people in the house.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    a rage a day . . . today - card rage
    A gambler identified only as Sam made an angry outburst after losing more than 10,000 baht in the game. After being calmed down by the game banker and other gamblers who gave him 300 baht and told him to go home, the man went away on his motorcycle. About one hour after he left, Sam returned with an AK47 rifle and opened fire indiscriminately at the gamblers and other people in the house.......
    300 baht? I'm guessing he only rented the gun

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Who needs nine bullets when you can have thirty....?:my gun is bigger:

Went past the intersection about 9.10 this morning…… The police were operating the traffic lights from their pozzie just over the road, as usual about that time. Nine bullets sounds a bit over the top. Another report said three. Seems the guy who got killed was an ex Muay Thai fighter, and was known for picking a scrap among his fellow m/c taxi riders.

The shooter has handed himself in, and is now being held in custody.

The killer who gunned down a man in rush-hour traffic last Thursday has surrendered himself to Phuket police, claiming he shot the victim in self-defence.

Suwat Sae-jong, 62, was taken to the scene at the Wor Kor Intersection near Phuket Rajabhat University yesterday to re-enact the fatal shooting, under the protection of about 50 police officers.

- See more at: Video Report: Phuket rush-hour shooter surrenders to police, claims self-defence

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Suwat Sae-jong, 62, was taken to the scene at the Wor Kor Intersection near Phuket Rajabhat University yesterday to re-enact the fatal shooting, under the protection of about 50 police officers.

-
    These young whippersnappers are so hot headed nowadays 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post
    These young whippersnappers are so hot headed nowadays 555
    If he was a woman he could claim menopause as a defense. 55555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Hothead of the day

Bangkok Post
    November 27, 2014

A janitor who said he was left angry by repeated scolding has been arrested after allegedly shooting dead director of the school he worked at in Kalasin province.

On arrival police found the body of Yongyut Saisomboon, 59, the school director, lying in a pool of blood inside the canteen. Eight spent 9mm bullet cartridges were found at the scene, according to Khao Sod online.

Police said the shooting took place after classes ended for the day, while Yongyut and some teachers were drinking at the canteen.

Jai Cherdchai, a school janitor, walked up to him and began a heated argument with him. As the argument grew in intensity Mr Jai pulled out a pistol and fired repeatedly at the school director in a full view of other teachers, according to witnesses, police said. He then fled.

According to police, the janitor confessed he shot Yongyut because he was angry he had reprimanded him so often.

The director started reprimanding him for being repeatedly absent from work. This angered him, the suspect allegedly told police. He returned to his house and got his pistol.

Before leaving, he told his wife that he wanted to kill someone.

He returned to the canteen and Yongyut again began scolding him.

So he shot him.

Another angry janitor, Scots Willie from the Simpsons