Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Yorkshire Inn

Cadet Gold

Yorkshire Inn

Anyone stayed at the Yorkshire Inn? Thinking of booking it for my next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    I did many years ago. Changed a lot since. Previous owner passed away I believe. Not sure what it's like now.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Stayed there once in a tiny windowless room. Cheerless staff, + + added to your bill. My suggestion is stay across the road in the Summer Breeze.

I found the staff there to be great during my stay. The manageress who may no longer be there, couldn't do enough for me...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I found the staff there to be great during my stay. The manageress who may no longer be there, couldn't do enough for me...
    Literally ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Why?

You taking the wife and kids or mongering?

Stayed across the road at both the Summer Breeze and the Orchid Residence in the past few years and happy to recommend both for a single guy.

Yorkshire has a pool but you pay for it ... especially if travelling off-season (Apr- Oct) when compared to the other two ...

Reading trip advisor and Agoda and see several good reports on Yorkshire from family groups ... just saying they were not the people I wanted to see at breakfast in my monger days ...

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Yeah I don't get it either. Just stay at SB dude. Can't go wrong. Especially when it comes to food.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Why?

You taking the wife and kids or mongering?

Stayed across the road at both the Summer Breeze and the Orchid Residence in the past few years and happy to recommend both for a single guy.

Yorkshire has a pool but you pay for it ... especially if travelling off-season (Apr- Oct) when compared to the other two ...

Reading trip advisor and Agoda and see several good reports on Yorkshire from family groups ... just saying they were not the people I wanted to see at breakfast in my monger days ...

Enjoy...
    Plenty of mongerers at the YI when I stayed there. Use of the pool was free too. In fact even when I stayed at the SB, the YI manageress said i could use their pool free any time... maybe she fancied me... 55

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Do they still add the extra sales tax/vat to the bills? When I first heard that I vowed never to stay there especially when SB is across the road.

Cadet Gold
    Forgot I posted this.

I stayed at SBH last time. Thought I would try somewhere different.

Cadet Gold
    Actually emailed 5 different hotels in patong asking if they had a joiner fee. Yorkshire Inn was the only one that replied.

Actually emailed 5 different hotels in patong asking if they had a joiner fee. Yorkshire Inn was the only one that replied.
    What did they say? No... but we add sales tax and VAT to your bar fine... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I had some email communication with YI about a family room

Hands down the best communication I have ever had with a hotel in Thailand
    Didn't end up staying there

Service charge has been added to about 90% of my bills in Thailand so I never understood that complaint in regards to YI
    To the point my wife makes sure to point it out because I always forget and pay a much extra tip

Cadet Gold
    no response from any of the other hotels.

Damnit, you've all got me questioning my decision now! I've never stayed in the same hotel twice. Why risk it though. SBH it is!

^Pu55y... 555

Cadet Gold
    Maybe go for the penthouse this time? Anyone tried it?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    The YI was ruined for me..... I can't stay there... I was having breakfast at the SB one morning, and who do I spy performing the walk of shame from the Yorkshire... high heels in hand? My daughter 5555 So no way I can stay there 555

Bill's place is always a good place.. I have stayed a couple of times and it has been great.. The food is ALWAYS magnificent, as is the staff.... I eat there most days. Also it is a great meeting place, before heading for a night out, plus you have Somsak, and he will make sure you don't bring an *unintentional* guest home.

The last few times, I have opted to stay on Nanai. The Album Loft, has some amazing deals at times.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    .....The YI was ruined for me..... I can't stay there... I was having breakfast at the SB one morning, and who do I spy performing the walk of shame from the Yorkshire... high heels in hand? My daughter 5555 So no way I can stay there 555

Is this the Forum post version of a "Photo bomb?".<7>
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

no response from any of the other hotels.

Damnit, you've all got me questioning my decision now! I've never stayed in the same hotel twice. Why risk it though. SBH it is!
    In my monger days many places would not respond to me either on that question - verbally sure but not in writing on email - another board said it was because prostitution is against the law in Thailand and documenting "active" involvement was an obvious no-no for someone running a business there.

Damnit, you've all got me questioning my decision now! ....
    That's what we are here for ...555

Enjoy...
    slampay likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Maybe go for the penthouse this time? Anyone tried it?
    Havent stayed in one but I've been inside before.

I'd take the Penthouse if bill had a a lift. Not keen on tackling all those flights when sh*tfaced at 2am.

Similar to the Summer Suites, but the living area is bigger, with a big screen tv, full sized fridge and kitchenette from memory.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast