Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By briofoz
  • 1 Post By TMTBOUND

Thread: Illuzion

Cadet Gold

Illuzion

I've seen this new club mentioned on the Hollywood facebook page. Where is it? And, more importantly, are there freelancers available?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Early on its a stage show then after last show becomes a night club. Its upstairs in the Ocean Shopping Centre. I enjoyed the stage show, something different and very professional. I didn't notice freelancers, but my impression it would be a place to go to after you have met your evening date.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    I went in one night after the show and the place was very nice/plush but no one was there. Maybe a handful of people. Seduction, Tiger Disco and Seduction were slammed. Hollywood was a wasteland the few times I went. Only having people in the back room and the front room nearly empty. Very different high season that's the past 4 in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by TMTBOUND View Post
    I went in one night after the show and the place was very nice/plush but no one was there. Maybe a handful of people. Seduction, Tiger Disco and Seduction were slammed. Hollywood was a wasteland the few times I went. Only having people in the back room and the front room nearly empty. Very different high season that's the past 4 in Hollywood.
    Probably why they did it - get people in beforehand (either Tazmania for pool or Illuzion for the show) and then hope they stick around for the discos after. Doesn't sound like it's working too well!

I only went in one night to ILL. So I am unsure......

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    The night I was suppose to meet up with TMT & SS I got waylaid by a girl that wanted to check out the show as she could get in for free... I wouldn't want to pay the 1000 baht to see it though... for something that boasting its self as a Vegas type show it's certainly far from it in terms of production values. Why anyone would pay 1000 baht to watch a Rhianna cover band is beyond me, 5555

Plus drinks inside start from 120 for a soft drink, 200 for a beer and about 300 for a ****tail. So certainly not a cheap place to get your drink on in the more family oriented show component. Not sure about the disco aspect as I never made it that far into the night for it.

It's run by the same group that run Hollywood, so you'll likely see the usually Thai PR girls that they employ in Hollywood and Tazmania up there. It's more geared towards a Seduction type crowd so I wouldn't expect freelancers in there unless they are with a punter or having a night out... Hollywood, Tiger Disco or Tai Pan would be your best bets.
    Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 26th January 2015 at 16:45.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Cadet Gold
    Ok thanks fellas

What is the Tazmania pool club like, decent tables? Will the waitresses play you if you come alone?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Ok thanks fellas

What is the Tazmania pool club like, decent tables? Will the waitresses play you if you come alone?
    When Tazmania first opened it was really good had a lot of hot PRs that would play pool. Of course, most of those PRs came from Famous when it was closed for renos & rebranding. Now that (Famous) reopened, Tazmania is hurting for PRs. As most have left to make money as they weren't making as much as they could as working in a bar. Taz PRs don't bar fine... although you could arrange with them to take a "no show" unscheduled day off and just pay the girl the fine for not turning up to work.

Again, nice venue but overpriced. 30 baht pool games, 150 baht beers, 200-250 baht spirits. Drinks for PRs is menu price plus 100 baht. Usually a PR will drink red wine (cut with soda water) and I think the price for that is either 200 or 300 baht.... can't remember if menu price is 100 or 200 baht.

Decent place to take a date too but I wouldn't go in there expecting to pick up a PR as most already have farang boyfriends that live in Phuket. There event nights are usually pretty good but its most industry locals that turn up for those to get the free drinks from their friend who manage that place. Usually see the Hooters girls (from the Philippines) come in for a night out when a special event is on.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I saw on Nakadia's (international Thai DJ) FB page that she played Illuzion recently....she reported a couple of thousand punters....is it big enough for that sort of crowd?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I saw on Nakadia's (international Thai DJ) FB page that she played Illuzion recently....she reported a couple of thousand punters....is it big enough for that sort of crowd?
    Its big, it takes up the top floor of Ocean Shopping Center.
    bacwaan and TMTBOUND like this.

Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    Its big, it takes up the top floor of Ocean Shopping Center.
    Agreed it is really large inside.......but was empty the night i strolled through.
    bacwaan likes this.

Cadet Gold
    I'll stick to Hollywood and Tiger then. Not really into the farang club scene. I got to LOS to get away from that.