Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By toddmeister
  • 2 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: Booking through Vanere (Nipa Resort)

Cadet silver

Booking through Vanere (Nipa Resort)

Our trip for next month is slowly coming together. Just booked the Nipa Resort in Patong for 9 nights (after a week in Isaan) for myself wifey and baby. Booked it through Vanere who were offering a 60% limited time discount which came in well under Agoda's price who are usually cheapest.

I've never used Vanere before or stayed at the Nipa. Anyone else stayed there before I'd appreciate your feedback.

Many Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I've used Vanere before, sometimes they have some real bargains that others do not have.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Never heard of them ! But i will be looking into it ! 555
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Lots of guys/gals, seem to think that AGODA or booking dot com, are the way to go.... I don't.

I don't like AGODA, because their prices (that I find, anyway) don't include vat and 7% service tax in their headline price, and that imo is why they look cheap... booking dot com, can be very good, but there a quite often far better options available.. I have used Vanere before, if they happen to have the cheapest price available on one of the aggregatotors. Sites like Directrooms, Trivago etc are, IMO the best resource you can find... Check them out, and then, check the hotel's own website is the way to go IMO.

Question for the experts, because I have no idea... Is the VAT you pay for accommodation refundable? I have never looked into it..
    Last edited by dave01; 3rd February 2015 at 07:01.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

^But you compare the Agoda price after the tax has been added (Its not hard to work out beforehand either). Usually little to choose between Booking.com and Agoda. I use both.

Thailand: Reclaiming VAT - TripAdvisor

- You may not claim VAT refund for services or goods that you use or "consume" while in Thailand; such as hotel or restaurant expenses.
    Last edited by Quarky; 3rd February 2015 at 07:07.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^But you compare the Agoda price after the tax has been added (Its not hard to work out beforehand either). Usually little to choose between Booking.com and Agoda. I use both.
    Indeed you compare.... BUT, on the aggregators site, because the price does not include the Taxes, it is quite often at the top of the list... and shown as the cheapest, where in reality it isn't. U and I know, that taxes aren't included with the AGODA headline price, but what of the average punter? I think it is quite deceptive to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Indeed you compare.... BUT, on the aggregators site, because the price does not include the Taxes, it is quite often at the top of the list... and shown as the cheapest, where in reality it isn't. U and I know, that taxes aren't included with the AGODA headline price, but what of the average punter? I think it is quite deceptive to be honest.
    Its funny though, it only seems to be like that for Thailand hotels. In the UK and Europe, the headline price is the price... including taxes.

I posted a link on claiming VAT above as well.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Its funny though, it only seems to be like that for Thailand hotels. In the UK and Europe, the headline price is the price... including taxes.

I posted a link on claiming VAT above as well.
    Thanks for the vat link, it was something I never thought about

Cadet silver

Booking through Vanere (Nipa Resort)

Thanks for the replies. I used hotelscombined to pull together all the prices for comparison. Vanere was cheapest by a mile with Agoda second. The Vanere price was shown inclusive of taxes but agoda excluded taxes so the price was even further away.

Anyway it's booked at a really good price. Fly to LOS in just under 6 weeks time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by toddmeister; 3rd February 2015 at 09:04.
    dave01 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    - You may not claim VAT refund for services or goods that you use or "consume" while in Thailand; such as hotel or restaurant expenses.

oops..
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

oops..
    Yep, I had never bothered to research it at all.... But I see the VAT refund joints at the Airports, and often wonder what it is all about.... NOW I know 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    well...my golf clubs have only been partly "consumed" thus far
    Quarky and dave01 like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS