Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Golf

Cadet Gold

Golf

Anyone played golf in Phuket? I had a quick look at the green fees and most courses are 3,000 baht! Is there any way of getting cheaper?

There was a thread on this. Maybe of use?

Phuket Golf
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    there use to be a shop in kathu that sold discount vouchers that brought the green fees down to respectable levels but i've been told recently that it's not there any more.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Anyone played golf in Phuket? I had a quick look at the green fees and most courses are 3,000 baht! Is there any way of getting cheaper?
    golf is not cheap in phuket...also need to factor in transport to the course..hiring of clubs(if you have not brought your own)...caddy fee(compulsery)...a cart...a few drinks after the round...perhaps a cap/shirt with the course logo on it...it soon mounts up...which is a pity becouse there are some fantastic course's there..off course the better ones cost more....

Cadet Gold
    Thanks chaps. Looks like I may have to find other things to do instead...

I've only golfed at Red Mountain but there you're looking at 5500 baht per round, including transportation but no clubs. It's pricey but I must admit, it's one of the nicest courses I've played. The trouble with golfing in Phuket is if you're not willing to walk (I always want a cart), you're not going to find much less than 2500-3000 baht.

Cadet Gold
    The walk is the best part for me. The caddy can carry my bag! Still can't find anywhere for less than 3k!