Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Restaurant recommendations in Phuket

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

Restaurant recommendations in Phuket

Any long term residents here care to share some suggestions for their favorite restaurants in Phuket? Ideally Patong but all welcome.

When there I usually alternate between a restaurant or Banzaan market for dinner. Some of my favorite places down the years:

Joe Louis Thai
    Le Siam
    Dons BBQ
    Green Mango
    The Bistro place next to Rock City
    Kazu
    Kezako
    Rodizio Brazillian steak house

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Baan Rim Pa ( great setting , especially for a few sun downers and the food is fantastic , but pricey )
    Salathai ( think the food here is unbeatable , would hope the quality is the same at their sister hotel , The Nap )
    The Kitchen ( great menu , branches in Patts , Samui and Patong - the service in Lamai was fantastic )
    supersub likes this.

Nice one SE. Like the look of all of them.

Savoey Seafood (Beach Road, turn right at the end of Bangla, though fairly expensive)
    กาบกล้วย (I'll let your new skills work that name out - on the road at the bottom of Patong hill, excellent value for money I thought)
    Diabolik (new place basically behind the end of Soi Crocodile or Soi Gonzo, but not sure if you can get to it via them - may have to come from Beach Road side, does all-you-can-eat days and such similar to Don's BBQ).
    Coyote (Beach Road, but turn left at the end of Bangla and about 3-4 minute away - pretty good Mexican food, and also has a steak house next door which think is good).

And I've always been a fan of Sabai Sabai, opposite C+N Hotel entrance. Usual meals you'll find at small restaurants, but really good prices/value for money.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    this is were the chics hang out sup...

Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

the half-way inn on soi kebsap, its run by a manc and his thai missus
    its not the ritz but its got cracking food

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I went to that Italian place in the soi opposite Sea Dragon with Chob and Baz last time. Fantastic little joint. One of Bangla's little gems. Great food and nice, cosy atmosphere right in the heart of it all. It's on the left side of the soi. Try the pizzas.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    ^^
    Good call mate! I know it well.

Is it called Valentino's? Zab or Chob will know.
    Last edited by Nubbins; 5th May 2015 at 19:27.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I went to that Italian place in the soi opposite Sea Dragon with Chob and Baz last time. Fantastic little joint. One of Bangla's little gems. Great food and nice, cosy atmosphere right in the heart of it all. It's on the left side of the soi. Try the pizzas.
    Went there once with Chob and gang, nice food.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Chiang Rai Seafood (Off Bangla Road Near the Old Tiger), do not be put off by the look of the place, food is excellent and good value

No6 nearly opposite the Taipan, lots of share tables/benches, do not be shy about sharing, it is the norm there & the food excellent. Place next door is good if you cannot get a table.

Italian Pizza place in the side street next to where the old Shakers Bar was (Chob you will know the name of it), cannot for the life of me remember it.

If you go to Kata Village, De Mario's on the corner of the street where you turn off to go to the beach.

For a very late night snack on the way home, any of the Kebab stalls on the way back to the hotel where I stayed up near Christens. Had some great ones on the way home a couple of months ago

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Italian Pizza place in the side street next to where the old Shakers Bar was (Chob you will know the name of it), cannot for the life of me remember it.
    I think this one maybe La Dolce Vita??...

another good Italian is La Campagnina...off Nanai...soi 2 Nanai

and I have always eaten well at Trattoria Capri da Rico on soi seafood (off Beach Rd)

If you like Mexican BBQ Hutt up by the elephant camp on the road out to Karon makes a pretty decent fist of it...I love their heuvos rancheros

BBQ Hut Restaurant, Patong - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

agree with NH on Sabai Sabai...pretty good farang oriented Thai food in nice open air setting right in then middle of the action

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Valerios -worth a visit as is la Cappanini mentioned by Nels plus La Dolce Vita.
    Not just for pizzas.

I went to Hang Cafe once last time with some of the bar owners (and was actually where I met needaholiday for the 1st time). They had chicken and duck steaks. First time I had a duck steak and have to say I enjoyed it.

Has anyone been to Joes Downstairs?

In Surin , The Taste

Dinner Menu

This dish was one of the best I've had in Thailand

Thai Crispy Porkbelly w Broccoli and Kale ● Thai Inspired dish of crackling pork and stir fried veg.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post

Has anyone been to Joes Downstairs?
    yep....good food and service..great view back over Patong Bay...but pricey....dinner date territory
    supersub likes this.

I don't mind if it's pricey if the food and view is good. Think the most expensive place I've been is Joe Louis or Le Siam. Good food there too.
    TMTBOUND likes this.

^ Joe's, de Maurizio and Baan Rim Pa...all along that northern end of Patong Beach are amongst the most expensive restaurants in Patong...all are good...all have great views and all tend to be frequented by holidaying couples

If you are looking to really push the boat out in a contemporary western style "The 9th Floor" probably does it best in Patong....but then you are really paying top western end prices...fabulous view...and I'll guarantee you will spend more time looking at the waitresses than at your date 555

Phuket Restaurant 9th Floor Open Air Restaurant Bar Wine Dining Patong Phuket

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ Joe's, de Maurizio and Baan Rim Pa...all along that northern end of Patong Beach are amongst the most expensive restaurants in Patong...all are good...all have great views and all tend to be frequented by holidaying couples

If you are looking to really push the boat out in a contemporary western style "The 9th Floor" probably does it best in Patong....but then you are really paying top western end prices...fabulous view...and I'll guarantee you will spend more time looking at the waitresses than at your date 555

Phuket Restaurant 9th Floor Open Air Restaurant Bar Wine Dining Patong Phuket
    Bacwaan any idea what the Sky Inn Condo's are like within that property. I was looking at them when booking, my last trip, rather than staying in a hotel. But decided against it in the end.

Correct with La Dolci Vita as well.
    Funny story about that place as well. Was with my GF staying at the Mecure close by. We go out for an early dinner and spotted La Dolce Vita while having a drink in Shakers. She goes across to have a look around and see what it was like. She then comes back and says that, yes its very nice and good prices for the food, but there was a lot of people in there already and also on big table of noisy expats as well, so decided not to go there and eat.

Turns out that when I checked the old PI site a day or so later, that the table of noisy expats was in fact Chob and the rest of the lads out on a regular Tuesday night out 5555
    Last edited by chelski; 8th May 2015 at 11:03.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i think we had BM kuhio's farewell in la dolce vita (??) that was a funny raucous night 55

the seafood marinara in the cream sauce there is to die for!!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

In Phuket Town Phuket Restaurants - Best Local Food in Phuket Town

I have eaten at the Lock Tian and would reccomed to Hokkien Noodles mentioned in the article

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast