Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Patong Songkran?

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,988

    Patong Songkran?

    Hey guys
    Anyone know the exact dates for Songkran in Patong?
    I'd prefer not to be there when it is going on if I can avoid it
    do ron likes this.

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,952
    April 13-15th , every year

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,952
    Although just read elsewhere , might be 12-13th in Patong , I didn't think the dates changed .... so avoid 12-15th to make sure

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,952
    Songkran Water Fight 2016Khao San Road, Bangkok, 13-15 April 2016, 10.00-23.00 hrs.
    Silom Road, Bangkok, 13-15 April 2016, 10.00-00.00 hrs.
    Around the City Moat, Chiang Mai, 11-16 April 2016, 09.00-22.00 hrs.
    Pattaya (North, Central and South Beach), Lan Bodhi Park Na Kluea and Chon Buri, 11-20 April 2016, 09.00-00.00 hrs.
    Khao Nieo Road, Khon Kaen, 13-15 April 2016, 10.00-20.30 hrs.
    Patong Beach, Phuket, 12-13 April 2016, 10.00-22.00 hrs.
    Hat Yai Midnight Songkran at Nipat Uthit 3 Road, Sanehanusorn Road and Wat Mahatta, 11-15 April 2016, 10.00-23.00 hrs.
    Songkran Ko Samui (Chaweng Beach), 13 April 2016, 08.00 – 20.00 hrs.

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,988
    Thanks man
    Looks like it works perfectly for me.
    I don't mind doing Silom with the kids on 13th but then I'm done.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,284
    Grumpy bum.
    Changone and OZZYGUY like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Grumpy bum.
    Ha-ha
    I like Songkran for a day or 2
    Just that we in 3 cities over that 1 week and don't want it following us!
    That happened 2 years ago.....every city we went to was Songkran!
    Bacon likes this.

  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Never had a problem with Patong. 24 hours of water and its back to normal. Couldn't stand being soaked for days on end.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Never had a problem with Patong. 24 hours of water and its back to normal. Couldn't stand being soaked for days on end.
    As I said......I like it for a day or 2
    I will be doing Silom in BKK with the kids in 13th and HH might still have it on 14th or 15th
    So I will have had my fill by the time I get to Patong in 18th

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Never had a problem with Patong. 24 hours of water and its back to normal. Couldn't stand being soaked for days on end.
    you sure you talking about Patong 555555

  11. #11
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    It's pretty hot that time of year, getting wet and cooling down is ok... Boardies, T Shirt, sunnies and a little plastic snap bag for valuables and ya right to go.... I ENJOY IT!!!
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

  12. #12
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,845
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    It's pretty hot that time of year, getting wet and cooling down is ok... Boardies, T Shirt, sunnies and a little plastic snap bag for valuables and ya right to go.... I ENJOY IT!!!
    I enjoy it when it is just the one day and is over when it falls dark like here in Samui..you can have a great day out in the boxing bars watching everyone there playing plus all those passing by on bikes and in pick-ups going crazy whilst you sip on some beers relatively unaccosted....then you can slip home for a quick recharge, a shower and a change of clothes and get back out on it for the night time session without getting wet

    Its one thing Samui-Lamai in particular-gets pretty well perfect
    dave01 likes this.

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,932
    patong is pretty good these days. the 4-5 day water fight thing is long gone. 2 days is great.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Ha-ha
    I like Songkran for a day or 2
    Just that we in 3 cities over that 1 week and don't want it following us!
    That happened 2 years ago.....every city we went to was Songkran!
    I've only ever had two days of it in a row as well.

    This year I'm gonna be there from beginning to end in Pattaya. I could potentially come back and write a big rant on how much I hate Songkran.
    quiksilva likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  15. #15
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,845
    I've lived here for 8 Songkrans coming up....and had 20+ as a visitor as well...Easter and Xmas were my main times to holiday...I still enjoy the one day as I said above but any more than that starts to grind nowdays...I guess I've just gotten old...555
    Bacon likes this.

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I've lived here for 8 Songkrans coming up....and had 20+ as a visitor as well...Easter and Xmas were my main times to holiday...I still enjoy the one day as I said above but any more than that starts to grind nowdays...I guess I've just gotten old...555
    You have the option of staying put at home though. Can't waste the time when on holidays. Imagine if you had to commute to work everyday. 55
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You have the option of staying put at home though. Can't waste the time when on holidays. Imagine if you had to commute to work everyday. 55
    thats why Pattaya is a joke at that time of year , w@nkers waiting for passing baht buses or girls on motorbikes to soak , as has been said one day or two is no problems , but a week of it in Patts gets very tiresome ...

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    thats why Pattaya is a joke at that time of year , w@nkers waiting for passing baht buses or girls on motorbikes to soak , as has been said one day or two is no problems , but a week of it in Patts gets very tiresome ...
    Yeah but I'm the w@nker.

    No no no, don't judge me, I do it for love.

    No spraying people on motorbikes though. That's being an @sshole. w@nkers are alright. It's @ssholes you gotta watchout for.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    thats why Pattaya is a joke at that time of year , w@nkers waiting for passing baht buses or girls on motorbikes to soak , as has been said one day or two is no problems , but a week of it in Patts gets very tiresome ...
    Best place I've done it......Silom
    All the young Thai kids having fun......tourists are usually 1st timers....just all around good.

    Worst Place......Kanchanaburi
    Believe it or not, you wouldn't think it.
    I just felt such a hostile energy amongst the Thais. The youngish Thais were getting so drunk. It just did not feel like a good environment

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I enjoy it when it is just the one day and is over when it falls dark like here in Samui..you can have a great day out in the boxing bars watching everyone there playing plus all those passing by on bikes and in pick-ups going crazy whilst you sip on some beers relatively unaccosted....then you can slip home for a quick recharge, a shower and a change of clothes and get back out on it for the night time session without getting wet

    Its one thing Samui-Lamai in particular-gets pretty well perfect
    im glad i experienced the patong madness..but once was enough..the lamai experience has been the best..people much more respectful and most wish you a happy new year
    bacwaan likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •