Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New Beach Clubs Patong Beach???

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    And some clown from Boston shouting F bombs every other sentence...555
    I never heard him swear once... is that only when he is smoking? ..55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I like "no music" places when I am at the beach...there is plenty of ambience with the natural sounds of surf rolling in, kids playing, birds singing etc etc without some Fkn DJ bringing his ego into the equation ...that's why I go to the beach in the first place...to enjoy the natural beach vibe

Take it you don’t spend much time at the Ark Bar. 5555

I hate those beach club type places too. Let people enjoy nature in peace.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post

If you go to Patong Beach for nature you are an idiot 5555
    (Not meaning you)

If I want a proper beach I will hop on the MB and go for a ride because I don't consider Patong to be one.
    Even when I go for my morning walk at like 6am it's already pretty crowded but a decent walk anyways

So if it's overflowing with crappy restaurants, people and those ugly mats they now sell
    I think that club/restaurant they now have is a great addition

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post

555....yep..I hate the Ark Club...but just as much for the lame crowd of wannabes that it attracts as the lousy overly loud music and wanking DJ's that don't shut up trying to pump the crowd....

There is a pretty decent place on Samui called "The Beach" at Chaweng Noi (between the Sheraton and Impiana) which falls into beach club category...they keep the music pretty low key during the day but it gradually gets more beats and louder as the day goes on...if I go it is usually around lunchtime and I get outta there by about 4pm when they start to crank it up a bit more...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Sounds like my kind of place.......

To avoid. 555
    supersub likes this.

555....yep..I hate the Ark Club...but just as much for the lame crowd of wannabes that it attracts as the lousy overly loud music and wanking DJ's that don't shut up trying to pump the crowd....

There is a pretty decent place on Samui called "The Beach" at Chaweng Noi (between the Sheraton and Impiana) which falls into beach club category...they keep the music pretty low key during the day but it gradually gets more beats and louder as the day goes on...if I go it is usually around lunchtime and I get outta there by about 4pm when they start to crank it up a bit more...
    But you are 60 and I am 45yrs old.......not exactly their demographic 5555

Give me that when I was in my 20's...........which most of their customers are and I would have been in heaven
    If if there is some douches that go there
    You can find your spots in the place away from them and have your fun

I sent a 26yr old kid that works at my firm there........he hooked up with an absolute smoke bomb Russian girl

^ sure...I've taken my nieces and nephews there (and left them to it) plus sent friend's kids in their 20's along as well...they think it's cool and loved it...a party around a pool right on a beach going all day and well into the night...why not...

But it is lame even by young kids standards music wise...pretty much the same mainstream house/hip hop music you'd hear on the radio and local DJs...there are plenty of places like Gecko, Cha Cha Moon, Coast and The Beach (later at night) that get International DJs and have a real club vibe...probably not as easy to pick-up at these places though as people (still mostly in their 20's) are cooler, more sophisticated and there for the music

^ sure...I've taken my nieces and nephews there (and left them to it) plus sent friend's kids in their 20's along as well...they think it's cool and loved it...a party around a pool right on a beach going all day and well into the night...why not...

But it is lame even by young kids standards music wise...pretty much the same mainstream house/hip hop music you'd hear on the radio and local DJs...there are plenty of places like Gecko, Cha Cha Moon, Coast and The Beach (later at night) that get International DJs and have a real club vibe...probably not as easy to pick-up at these places though as people (still mostly in their 20's) are cooler, more sophisticated and there for the music
    Just because you like a certain type of music doesn't make other music "lame"

I hate club music and those International DJ but I don't think those places are lame.............just play a different music than I prefer
    And if a DJ is playing sort of chill house music on the beach, even though I'm not totally into it..........I can still enjoy the vibe
    I also hate "clubs"

That's why a place like Ark would be my preference if I were younger

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

Just because you like a certain type of music doesn't make other music "lame"

That's why a place like Ark would be my preference if I were younger
    well a young me would probably find myself at Ark as well if I was in the mood to pick-up chicks and out and out party...that's a given...but it wouldn't be the music that got me there..it would be the chicks...555

Hell I used to like going to The Mai Tai Bar back in the day as well but it wasn't for the music..it was in spite of it...just cast your mind back to the music in Soi Eric back then and tell me if you think that wasn't "lame"...555

My point though was that there are other more "musically diverse" venues in Chaweng for those younger folk who are into that rather than just the usual high rotation/popular dance/hip hop mix that Ark offers...
    Last edited by bacwaan; 15th December 2017 at 11:13.

well a young me would probably find myself at Ark as well if I was in the mood to pick-up chicks and out and out party...that's a given...but it wouldn't be the music that got me there..it would be the chicks...555

Hell I used to like going to The Mai Tai Bar back in the day as well but it wasn't for the music..it was in spite of it...just cast your mind back to the music in Soi Eric back then and tell me if you think that wasn't "lame"...555

My point though was that there are other more "musically diverse" venues in Chaweng for those younger folk who are into that rather than just the usual high rotation/popular dance/hip hop mix that Ark offers...
    Sure but your idea of good music might be lame to others that like the music at Ark

But I think we are the same page.

Back in the day, although I preferred a certain music, I didn't give a rats ass what music they played if some smokehow was letting me grind my penis on her 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar

Isn't that where we had lunch one day. That Chinese family was standing over our table eyeing our food? 55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Isn't that where we had lunch one day. That Chinese family was standing over our table eyeing our food? 55
    Yep..The Beach..good memory..555

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Sure but your idea of good music might be lame to others that like the music at Ark
    Of course.....everyone is entitled to their own opinion...that's a given

Isn't that what we do in here...give our opinions...hell the joint wouldn't exist without it...555

I like music where you can whisper.. and still be heard...
    TMTBOUND likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    I remember going to the Octave rooftop bar in the Marriot hotel, Bangkok and as soon as I got out of the lift and up those stairs I thought ‘this music sounds so schmoozy. But you forget about that quickly once you see the view.

Side note. I spent a few years exploring the rave scene after uni. Techno, hard house, dnb ect. The best place to really enjoy that music is at a dance festival and that’s probably because you are high on something.

In most of these places the music isn’t the reason people go, but it’s there to suppliment everything else. Usually girls or a nice view with overpriced drinks. Decent cocktails though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12