Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Phuket Smart Bus

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Phuket Smart Bus

https://phuketsmartbus.com/

cheap transport to Airport or between beaches ...

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ are they bullet holes from tuk tuk drivers in the side of the bus pictured.....555
    Quarky, Bacon, OZZYGUY and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I hear their slogan is 'A smarter way to crash'.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Hope its successfull . The transport situation is enough to turn people of going there.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Hope its successfull . The transport situation is enough to turn people of going there.
    32cad for a 45min taxi ride would turn people off from going there?

What do you think it should be? 10cad

The companies and drivers that provide the service actually have to make money

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    32cad for a 45min taxi ride would turn people off from going there?

What do you think it should be? 10cad

The companies and drivers that provide the service actually have to make money
    I can go from my place to Sydney airport 70 kms by train for less than 10 cad .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Yeah but you don't get raped or stabbed as much in Phuket 55.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

But I would never expect to have a service like outside a major city

You don't go to an island expecting the services of Sydney

I think they should have a bus for people that want a cheaper way to go............but I think it would be absurd for anyone to not go over a 32cad taxi ride also

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I think the meter taxi guys at Phuket Airport were/are mostly decent guys...some would refuse to use the meter but most of those guys would turn it on when prompted...just trying it on...happily that practice seems to have died now

I think the problem was mostly with the tuk tuk guys...and still is....they just make up prices that suit them...it can cost as much to got from kamala or Kata into Patong in one of those tin cans as it does to go from the airport to the south of the island in an aircon taxi...
    Stillearly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I think the meter taxi guys at Phuket Airport were/are mostly decent guys...some would refuse to use the meter but most of those guys would turn it on when prompted...just trying it on...happily that practice seems to have died now

I think the problem was mostly with the tuk tuk guys...and still is....they just make up prices that suit them...it can cost as much to got from kamala or Kata into Patong in one of those tin cans as it does to go from the airport to the south of the island in an aircon taxi...
    The one and only time I opted for a taxi meter instead of limo the car sucked, huge LPG tank pushing into the back seat and we were pretty sure the driver was coked out his mind

I much prefer the limo, much more professional drivers

Getting from beach to beach for a fair price would be the major attraction from this service for solo travellers or couples in my view

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Getting from beach to beach for a fair price would be the major attraction from this service for solo travellers or couples in my view
    Yes for sure

But to be honest, regardless of price...........getting from beach to beach in Phuket is a nightmare now
    Just so much traffic

If you are where you want to be, it's great but if you want to move around it really sucks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Con artists piss me off no matter where they are located. I will walk 10 km before dealing with any of them. You don't see that as much in Chiang Mai, but I did see it in the Kanchanaburi bus depot.

Unfortunately, the con artist tuk tuk drivers in Phuket never saw the light. When you piss off your regular customers, and potential customers, then you don't get repeat business. It is one of the reasons why I stopped visiting Phuket. The locals thought all tourists were stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Con artists piss me off no matter where they are located. I will walk 10 km before dealing with any of them. You don't see that as much in Chiang Mai, but I did see it in the Kanchanaburi bus depot.

Unfortunately, the con artist tuk tuk drivers in Phuket never saw the light. When you piss off your regular customers, and potential customers, then you don't get repeat business. It is one of the reasons why I stopped visiting Phuket. The locals thought all tourists were stupid.
    Are they really con artists though?
    They charge a price for their services and you choose if you want to pay it

And believe me, they aren't worried about repeat business, the one off tourists jump in and pay

And believe me, they aren't worried about repeat business, the one off tourists jump in and pay
    They are criminals , they won't allow any competition
    YankeeDK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    They are criminals , they won't allow any competition
    Sure, you can say that

But they still offer a service and you decide if you pay it or not

Obviously I think it's shitty but people talk about how they like the "no rules" of Thailand but then expect it to be like home when it suits them

I actually don't like tuks-tuks
    They are uncomfortable..........I much prefer MB Taxi

So what you are saying is it is perfectly alright to charge an unsuspecting tourist 5 times the same amount as you would charge a local. That is what the fucking "frogs" in Quebec would do with English speaking tourists. It is why I despise a lot of French Canadians.

I don't mind paying a little bit more, but I hate being ripped off. When you've spent as much time as I have in Thailand, you get to know the going price of just about everything. I expect to pay more in Bangkok because the rents are higher and people have to make a living. But, I will walk out of any restaurant that wants to charge 80 baht or more for Kow padt gai... a meal you can get anywhere for 40 baht or less.

So what you are saying is it is perfectly alright to charge an unsuspecting tourist 5 times the same amount as you would charge a local. That is what the fucking "frogs" in Quebec would do with English speaking tourists. It is why I despise a lot of French Canadians.

I don't mind paying a little bit more, but I hate being ripped off. When you've spent as much time as I have in Thailand, you get to know the going price of just about everything. I expect to pay more in Bangkok because the rents are higher and people have to make a living. But, I will walk out of any restaurant that wants to charge 80 baht or more for Kow padt gai... a meal you can get anywhere for 40 baht or less.
    It's not alright but that is the market.........you choose to use it or not

As a seasoned visitor, we know ways around it and as a tourist, they don't really care

It's not alright but that is the market.........you choose to use it or not

As a seasoned visitor, we know ways around it and as a tourist, they don't really care
    And my point being is that if someone is purposely trying to rip me off then I will get joy out of fucking them over... and happily go out of my way in doing so.

When you start a fight, a battle or a war then you have to accept the consequences of your actions. Unfortunately, a few innocents always get hurt in these events.

And my point being is that if someone is purposely trying to rip me off then I will get joy out of fucking them over... and happily go out of my way in doing so.

When you start a fight, a battle or a war then you have to accept the consequences of your actions. Unfortunately, a few innocents always get hurt in these events.
    But they aren't starting a fight or ripping you off..........that's my point

They are stating a price they will do a service for you...............up2u if you want to pay it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast