Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Thai Women Adjustment In Foreign Lands

Thai Women Adjustment In Foreign Lands

On the blog today I have been talking about when Thai women leave Thailand to be with their husbands or partners outside of Thailand and the cultural and adjustment challenges they must over come.

This post was a third part of an interview I carried out with a Thai lady who has lived in the UK for almost 30 years. Although this is specifically the UK, I would be interested to know if a lot of the problems are the same in a lot of countries. Of course Uk weather is miles off of the Gold coast, so that might not be such an issue to some.

Anyway Australia, New Zealand, America, Canada, fellow Brits as well and others that I have not listed, please give me your thoughts. Not only the guys, but love to hear from any of the Thai ladies here as well.

Part one and part 2 can be found at the blog and on the Thai Dreaming Forum.

Thai Women Moving Abroad: In This Case The UK engagingthailandtips Blog

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    giggsy,
    Another excelent report.
    Thank you .

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    In England when I first came I could not understand how couples stood on street corners kissing, I just couldn’t look, it was too embarrassing. In my opinion sex without love and commitment is not right and I don’t agree with that mindset at all.
    Another excellent Blog report, especially about the courtship rituals. My current situation is like no courtship ritual I have done before, and it is a learning experience with a few mistakes made already. By that I mean it is hard to not to do what is natural to me , but makes a TG uncomfortable, especially out in public.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Thanks again giggsy...how about getting Khun Keown to join the forum!
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Thanks JC, thanks Arliss I have been married to a Thai woman for 25 years and I am still making mistakes. As you said I still tend to do what comes naturally to me.
    Thanks Contrarin I already told Khun Keown to join and she says she has, but goodness knows where she is. I have put the forum on all my recent posts, so I hope she has joined the right one. I shall find out what has happened to her. Thanks all.

keown67
    Hi guys I am herehehe abit Dippy of me with all those bollocks user names&password!!too many's on too many's sites.I guess what they'd called it?getting Old! forgetful&yes bad enough to for get,but to be a Thai nation,we're a well known forgetful Nation fortunatelyhehe..it's would a damn nightmare if we didn't for get.Thanks guys for all your comments you're all fantastic and brilliant supportive with khun Trev.
    contrarian likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keown67 View Post
    Hi guys I am herehehe abit Dippy of me with all those bollocks user names&password!!too many's on too many's sites.I guess what they'd called it?getting Old! forgetful&yes bad enough to for get,but to be a Thai nation,we're a well known forgetful Nation fortunatelyhehe..it's would a damn nightmare if we didn't for get.Thanks guys for all your comments you're all fantastic and brilliant supportive with khun Trev.
    A big welcome Keown, your input at Giggsy blog has been a real insite, especially relating to a TG in a foreign land, as I have this coming up soon, and the nagging thing for me is what I can do , so she will not be bored when I am at work.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Hi Keown welcome to the board.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Keown and thank you for your very informative interview.

I look forward to your input and insight here.

Thanks for sharing via the blog Khoewn. Welcome to the board, and we look forward to you straightening out our farang misconceptions from time to time.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome to the board Khun Keown... Glad to have a Thai lady with your knowledge and history of living in Farangland!.... I really relate to your comments on life in a city, it seems that living in a western city creates a complex way of life in comparison to life in Isaan.... The reality of a human is that we are here for one reason, and that is to reproduce... not to own the latest Merc and have a huge mortgage with our kids going to the best schools.... A standard household in Isaan is a great example of living with the essentials with the focus mainly on the family network..... I know where I'd rather be!!
    Thankyou for sharing your story with us

keown67
    Hey Arliss Thank you what a gr8! welcomevery happy to be here&enjoyed it so much through out with The blog.And now meeting you guys is even better,its such fun for me to be involved with something like these,if its benefits someone with my own experiance.If I can turned the damn clock back man,I wish I never comes to England.I know sounds horrible,but thats how I feels 99% of Isaan girls that comes&live in foreign land is like a little birds that got lost from the mummie net!!You're very welcome to asks me anything what so evermore than happy to helps with your TG.

keown67
    Hi ya Thank you for such a lovely welcome

keown67
    Justcruzing1
    Hey yes thank you for such a g8! welcome and yes we shall see more of the next parts&last interview I thinkits been such fun for me&glad that you guys enjoyed it too

keown67
    PatongBeachBoy.
    Hi ya thank you for such a lovely welcome,yep agree totally with all your commentsas I've said to others members,if I can turned the damn clock back I wish I never comes to England mate.I mean after almost 30yrs I though I'd get used to my new life&everything else!! but nope..every single days it wasn't a days that I don't miss home.Modren World can't beat my Isaan basic&simple life for sure
    Annie likes this.

keown67
    Contrarian
    Thank you and very happy to be hereglad you like it&enjoyed it.Yep the last parts is coming soonwooo...heee!!

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Hi Keown, and welcome to the board, it is great to see you on here after reading the article gigsy has posted with your interviews. I just finished reading the latest installment dealing with life in England, and it was a real eye opener. Thankyou for your honest recollections, that must have been a really difficult time in your life.

I made my first trip to Thailand just this past November, and spent virtually all of that time with the same Thai girl. I noticed as we travelled together, that she really was strongly resistant to new things, especially if it came to food. She knew what she wanted, and it was food like she had at home. I felt that to take her out of the Thailand she loves would be do her a real disservice, as it was obvious she would not likely adapt well to a lot of change. Her mother is Isan, but her father is from Phitsanulok and she grew up in a small village there. Things like going to a pizza place, or trying KFC, or even just trying a pastry, she would turn her nose up at. But if she found a vendor selling big roasted grasshoppers!! Well she had to have a bag!! 555

So my question to you is, why did you eventually decide to stay in England even after the first marriage was a failure? Surely you must have thought long and hard about going back home, so what made you decide to stay?
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

PatongBeachBoy.
    Hi ya thank you for such a lovely welcome,yep agree totally with all your commentsas I've said to others members,if I can turned the damn clock back I wish I never comes to England mate.I mean after almost 30yrs I though I'd get used to my new life&everything else!! but nope..every single days it wasn't a days that I don't miss home.Modren World can't beat my Isaan basic&simple life for sure
    Keown, is the ideal scenario being able to earn money in England, Australia or wherever dollars are best over say 6 months of the year, and then spend the other 6 months in LOS and travelling?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    Keown, is the ideal scenario being able to earn money in England, Australia or wherever dollars are best over say 6 months of the year, and then spend the other 6 months in LOS and travelling?
    Welcome to Thai-Dreaming 55555
    contrarian and keown67 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Welcome to Thai-Dreaming 55555
    Definetely Thai dreaming, but not necessarily unrealistic. 3 months travelling and holidaying last year, mainly overseas, and spent a lot more than I would have if I had of based myself in LOS for 6 months.
    keown67 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast