Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ning now has a Permanent Visa!!!!

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar

Ning now has a Permanent Visa!!!!

Well having known each other for 3.5 years and been together for a little over 3 Ning finally received her letter yesterday in the mail from the Department of Immigration stating she now has a Permanent Visa.

Hopefully this makes overseas travel a little easier from now on, but could mean she might have to go through all the L's and P plate crap for her drivers licence. As the earliest I could book her in for her drivers test was 22nd June. I should have done this earlier, its my own fault. Hopefully the Department of Immigration and the Queensland Department of Transport aren't linked If its like any other Government department all should be OK. 55555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Good news, Congratulations Ning !!

Condo, you know if you post this elsewhere, you will be told, she will get her licence, so she can leave and drive off into the sunset,
    having got permamnent residency 555555

No no no, Thailand wants her back!

Congratulations, Thailand's loss is your gain Anthony.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Cheers! Thanks guys!

I dont think she will be going anywhere in a hurry she likes raking in the money with her job to much 85,000Bt per month I wish she didnt have expensive taste, Im sure that Louis Vuitton bag she had last week isnt a Thailand Special And she wont tell me how much it cost????

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Congrats Ning !! Well done ! Got the Louis Vuitton bag , now working on that little red sports car once you get your your licence . hehe

This is why I dont want her to get a credit card 55555555 she has no control!!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    This is why I dont want her to get a credit card 55555555 she has no control!!!
    Condo, 3 years and you have not had to produce a Credit Card, unbelievable 555. I already handed over the Card, but it's a Debit Card, so still have plenty of control (for the moment *nothing+) 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Well-done Ning... What I would do to be in your position!

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Well having known each other for 3.5 years and been together for a little over 3 Ning finally received her letter yesterday in the mail from the Department of Immigration stating she now has a Permanent Visa.

Hopefully this makes overseas travel a little easier from now on, but could mean she might have to go through all the L's and P plate crap for her drivers licence. As the earliest I could book her in for her drivers test was 22nd June. I should have done this earlier, its my own fault. Hopefully the Department of Immigration and the Queensland Department of Transport aren't linked If its like any other Government department all should be OK. 55555
    Congratulations to you both...
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Thats awsome news mate !!...Congrats to Ning and yourself!! Must be good to put all that behind you and just get on with life....gives us all hope to be there one day

85K Baht is a decent amount surely she is tucking some away for that Rai one day??

Condo can i ask what she does again for her 85K...is it at the restaurant ? how many hours a week ? sorry to be nosey but you should have seen JK's face when i said Ning was on 85k Baht a month....out came the calc....working how long it would take to buy the 1st Rai....5555555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

She is in charge of the front of the restaurant and both Thai and Farang wait staff she earns just under $600 per week after Tax

Works Monday to Saturday Dinners 4:30 to when ever and lunches Tues, Wed and Thurs

I would post a link but we might get some stalkers 5555

Here are some reviews I copied from a Menulog website

Overall 8.5 - Food 9, Ambience 8, Value 9, Service 8
    Always great food and very good service. have been back more than once. (Stevetania - November, 2009)

Overall 10 - Food 10, Ambience 10, Value 10, Service 10
    Good food and service. Always timely with a great atmosphere. (October, 2009)

Overall 9.8 - Food 10, Ambience 9, Value 10, Service 10
    Just moved up the road from ******** Village and there isn't much else but ********* Thai sure makes this town worthwhile!
    Never could I complain about the service nor the food, I tend to get rather cold out but enclosed with awnings and patio heaters the temperature is always perfect.
    One downside, A LOT of large groups book A LOT of the time so it can GET VERY NOISY as every one is talking over each other.
    But I have enjoyed a romantic dinner for two to a group meal myself and that wouldn't stop me coming back.
    Cheapest Thai on the coast BY FAR! (Ashleigh - August, 2009)

Overall 9.3 - Food 10, Ambience 8, Value 10, Service 9
    i don't normally write in these comments but i went to ******* Thai this Saturday past with a large group. This was my first time and i cannot say enough about this place it was a fantastic surprise and a credit to the owners. the food and service was excellent. you made my birthday truly memorable. thanks guys and keep up the good work. (June, 2009)

Overall 10 - Food 10, Ambience 10, Value 10, Service 10
    Since moving to *******, just around the corner from ******** Thai, I've found the restaraunt my favourite dining out/take away option.
    The food is far above average and great value for money.
    On each dining occasion I have found the service to be quick, friendly and personalised.
    I rate ******** Thai excellent in every aspect! (Louise - March, 2009)

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Congrats Ning and Condo! Great news for you both!
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Condo i have also being meaning to ask you about when you put in the visa after marriage...( i know about same form...just change abit ) but did you supply any new photos of your stay together in Aus for the 9 months pior to getting married ( now doubt you supplied some pics of the actual marriage ) but do you think its also important to have pics of your time together before the wedding

Cheers mate

P.s funny you mention Menulog as i am about 2 weeks away from launching Many Menus ..manymenus.com.au (not live yet) which will be in direct competition to Menulog only a better system for the restaurants. Being working on this for the last 18 months and the site is on its 20th week of development and very close to being finished. Having a draining but very exciting time right now as it all finally comes together.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Assume Ning's still at the same restaurant? Never did get down there but son Richard has always raved about their food.

NB: I'm just about to have home made Tom Yum Goong ... all fresh produce from yesterday's market, incl prawns @ 160 Bt/kg.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Assume Ning's still at the same restaurant? Never did get down there but son Richard has always raved about their food.

NB: I'm just about to have home made Tom Yum Goong ... all fresh produce from yesterday's market, incl prawns @ 160 Bt/kg.
    Rub it in why don't you KR 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

Yeah mate still at the same one. I've never eaten there but I usually get a container of Takeaway for lunch the next day. The other people in my office hate when I heat it up and the aroma goes throughout the building

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Congratulations. I milestone well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Condo i have also being meaning to ask you about when you put in the visa after marriage...( i know about same form...just change abit ) but did you supply any new photos of your stay together in Aus for the 9 months pior to getting married ( now doubt you supplied some pics of the actual marriage ) but do you think its also important to have pics of your time together before the wedding

Cheers mate

P.s funny you mention Menulog as i am about 2 weeks away from launching Many Menus ..manymenus.com.au (not live yet) which will be in direct competition to Menulog only a better system for the restaurants. Being working on this for the last 18 months and the site is on its 20th week of development and very close to being finished. Having a draining but very exciting time right now as it all finally comes together.
    I missed this post!!!!

I dont think I added anymore photo's other than some wedding photo's. and a copy of what I thought was the wedding certificate but turned out to be the unofficial copy from the celebrant. He didn't care and took the application and that was it. I got a proper copy from Births, Deaths and Marriages for the final paperwork that was submitted about 6 weeks ago.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Well done to you both. Can imagine the releaf knowing that that is all done.
    Awhile away for us....But then again it feels like only yesturday that i was telling you about iwas talking to you about a girl i met.5555

Yeah no more paperwork, No thats not quite true, apparently she has to become a citizen within 5 years or apply for some sort of resident return visa.

I think Citizen is the way to go.. Aussie Passport easy travel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast