Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: Funny cross cultural mix ups.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

Funny cross cultural mix ups.

Thought it would be nice to share some of those humorous situations you have come across with you TG either in LOS or at Home.

My 2 children live with me. When Dao comes to Australia for the 1st time. She has instant acceptance with my kids. I did not expect this at all. My daughter 18 brings her boyfriend home for dinner.

After he leaves Dao drags my Daughter off to the bedroom and asks way too many questions about this guy. How much money he earns etc. I will talk to your father for you etc. My daughter blows up after a while and comes to me and says “Dao thinks I want to marry him, I only met him 5 months ago."
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I will assume this is the correct of the two threads ... That is too funny, and I can so relate to that having a very "western" daughter myself.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    I will assume this is the correct of the two threads ... That is too funny, and I can so relate to that having a very "western" daughter myself.
    Correct thread mods please delete one with Typo. My daughter also said to me" I don't think the drug dogs at the airport had done a good job" We laugh about it now but Dao did ask why your children not talk low to you???

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Joy was telling me about This isaan paste,she says it is piglet fish....
    Gives me a sniff after her as she goes ahhhh aroy.
    I nearly pass out can not breath smells like pigs arse......Look at the jar...Pickled fish.5555555
    Changone likes this.

They just keep on going. Last week. Dao says I go to the pharmacy to buy magazine. No honey you go to the newsagent to buy a magazine. No I go to pharmacy I sick. Oh medicine.

Fist winter she spends with me. Dao goes to the shop on her bicycle to buy things for breakfast. She comes back all excited and says I not say this before because i think you silly not have motor bike because cheaper. The cold nearly kill me and i not go fast.
    Condo likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Mrs C says to me I put $hit in your sandwich today.........
    Me : $hit?
    Her : Yes $hit.....?
    Me : Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................Cheeeeeeeese .....
    Her : Yeees...$heeeeeeeeeet...
    Gotta love 'em.
    wabbits and G4orce like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Mrs C says to me I put $hit in your sandwich today.........
    Me : $hit?
    Her : Yes $hit.....?
    Me : Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................Cheeeeeeeese .....
    Her : Yeees...$heeeeeeeeeet...
    Gotta love 'em.
    I really do think this is apart of why we love them. Discovery daily. By the time I stop discovering and so does she I will not give a "Cheese"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I posted this one once in an other life, before but it still makes me laugh.

We drive past a local church and i say to Joy do you want to go and meet Jesus.
    She says, i did not know you had a friend called Jesus....
    What do you say....5555

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I posted this one once in an other life, before but it still makes me laugh.

We drive past a local church and i say to Joy do you want to go and meet Jesus.
    She says, i did not know you had a friend called Jesus....
    What do you say....5555
    Jesus Mary and Joseph. My kids in Mexico asked after taking them into a cathedral said who the hell is hazzous?
    Last edited by jontymate; 2nd July 2011 at 16:39.

Last Songram I committed the ultimate sin. I was having that much fun, I forgot were I am, I touched a Monk on the head. I was pulled aside and chastise by everyone. The monk(he was apart of the wedding proceedings) later come up to me and said "Don't worry to much I see your heart. Gave me his phone number in case i have any issues. BTW do not tell the family I can speak English"
    G4orce likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    More a mix-up by a thick headed farang with a guilty conscience….

Very early days with Mrs M - we take our first trip as a couple and go to Pattaya for a few days. I already think this girl is wonderful, perfect even.....the disillusioned monger in me says "yeah, perhaps a little too perfect."

First morning and we leave our hotel and walk to a nearby plastic-tables-and-chairs restaurant on Pattaya's 3rd Road. Mrs M studies the Thai-writing-only Menu and I look around the place and watch the passing traffic. I already know that Thais will not rush in making a decision of this magnitude. Time passes.

There is a bar girl sitting nearby with her back to me. I find myself looking at the back of her head (No, I don't recognise her; you sick fcuks!).. She has beautifully kept hair and as I study it I remember Mrs M's complaints about her own hair (Like a horse!) Perhaps she should talk to this girl, I think, they are about the same age and she can't be spending a fortune on it and.....

Suddenly Mrs M's voice breaks into my thoughts, "You want new girl?"

Sprung bad! ....and with her limited English and my miniscule Thai language skills no-one will convince anyone of my innocence now. Instantly I calculate that I have been caught, tried and convicted by this angel-till-now.

So here is, I think, the first crack in the armour, that damn insane Thai jealousy!! My total comprehension of the situation just seems to compound my guilt.

She is staring directly at me now and seems to be holding the cutlery in a menacing fashion. She repeats her question slowly and deliberately "YOU WANT NEW GIRL"

Not a glimmer of this jealous side previously but now here it is in full glory. Somewhere inside my head a siren sounds and a sign flashes the words "BUNNY BOILER!!!" The roadway is so close by.... should I make a run for it now?

My mind races and I can feel myself blushing ( Could there be a surer sign of my guilt?) and I stumble over my words, making a feeble denial it seems, "No, no, I only want you."

Mrs M looks at me, it seems with anger, confusion and something like annoyance flashing alternatively over her face. She stabs the menu with what was once a delicate index finger but now seems to me to be a talon with an inch long blade. "Do you want new gulls?"

Light suddenly breaks into the dark place of my panic filled TG paranoia.

"No thanks", I hear myself saying, " I not want noo-dles, do they have a Green curry?"

Enjoy.
    G4orce, jontymate and Sig like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Mister M you smart man I wish to mutt i do your word.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Mister M you smart man I wish to mutt i do your word.
    Dao wanted to write and post.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Classic tale Minder....
    Welcome to the board Dao.. get Jontymate to set you up a profile we would love to hear your stories
    wabbits and justcruzing1 like this.

Sorry to shy. Just not confident enough yet. Really scared to post most. Dao's words. Give it time.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I think Mrs M could get the ball rolling by posting a few posts in Thai... that way the wives and girl friends will feel more comfortable, besides they will find a lot of common ground between themselves and will surely benefit from the collective knowledge this forum has to offer....
    Mrs M. likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Do you want noogulls....?
    Is it a guilt thing? Soooo.....right..
    Of course I'm never looking...(to have my nuts chopped that is).
    Mr M's Michael Douglas/Glenn Close impression............priceless....555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

C1 I only am only half there. Give us the other half.

In the early days and my thirst for knowledge all things Thai I asked Dao why do the monks have no hair and why do they all wear orange robes?
    She does not know with a hint of embarrassment.

I came home one day years later she is jumping up and down like she has just solved the meaning of life or maybe the rubix cube. The Google world has opened up. It went like this.

The monk yes long long long year ago use the blood of the Jack fruit tree to make the clothes orange.
    My Buddha young boy was prince yes. He cut off she hair so no one no be prince when he go to another country.

Eureka moment. I wonder if Archimedes jumped up and down like this?

I just hope the E-Bay world does not open up.
    Last edited by jontymate; 3rd July 2011 at 09:30.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast