• 2 Post By wabbits
  • 6 Post By vanguy77
  • 1 Post By Mrs M.
  • 3 Post By Mrs M.
  • 1 Post By vanguy77

Thread: The failed relationships with tg's

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

The failed relationships with tg's

What a great bunch of people on Thai Dreaming. I for one think I am blessed to find this small community. I often wonder how many potentially great relationships have failed because of information put out in other places?
    contrarian likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I know that I nearly ended my relationship with Noy in early stages due to infomation given on a different forum. I am glad i did not, or else I would be regrating that very much now

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I find it strange that people go out of their way to post that negative stuff!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts on the matter.
    wabbits likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts on the matter.
    Ditto ditto and ditto
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Ditto ditto and ditto
    I clearly remember Sydney's TG story and the attack he received from the sceptics straight up, I'm thinking Sydney it would have been easier to face an over of bouncers from Richard Hadlee (home country bowler for you 555).
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    If you are unable to maintain a relationship here or their is it not better to drag those around you down to your level.............Too strong???

For me i want to see people around me succeed though i know some wont but that is life.

Also i feel that people need their eyes open know what is involved to take things past a holiday romance.

If we can give someone just one thing that helps...Then it is worth it!
    PatongBeachBoy and vanguy77 like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    I clearly remember Sydney's TG story and the attack he received from the sceptics straight up, I'm thinking Sydney it would have been easier to face an over of bouncers from Richard Hadlee (home country bowler for you 555).
    An over ?? 5 day test match ... 1 at the stumps, bouncers coming in from multiple pitch's at the same time........555555555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I have to say that in many, many ways I am greatly indebted to that other site. It was the place I found that was a gold mine in the few days I had to plan my first venture into the Land of Smiles, and without them I would have been a lost puppy. So much advice, so much encouragement and so many tips gained from countless other threads. My TR got a very encouraging response, and tho there were a few harsh critics, by and large it was well received and encouraged me to always write the next installment, even while getting over my battle with mono. I'm still very pulled, and I'll be honest with you now, as I've told G4, I'll very likely be posting my next TR simultaneously on both sites, as that is where I posted my first one, and I know there are friends there who will want to read it.

On the other hand, much of the advice there I largely ignored after I discovered I had struck gold with the "second" girl I met in LOS. It was not my "game plan", nor was I really looking for anyone to capture my heart at any point on my two week vacation. I was going to be footloose and fancy free ... mongering to my heart's content ... as many meaningless one-night-stands as I could pack into 14 days ... etc etc. It all changed when I turned and looked over my right shoulder into the smiling, laughing eyes of the girl that still holds my heart in her hands.

At that point, things changed on that other site for many ... I had committed the cardinal sin and actually gotten attached emotionally to a TG. Heaven forbid! She would ruin my life, take all my money, break my heart, give me an STD, along with the 8 or so other guys who sponsor her for thousands of baht/month .... and all this before breakfast!! As I read other threads, I kept seeing the same advice ... bed 'em, but don't get stuck on one. Have your fun, pay as little as you can, but realize its "all a fantasy" and they are all just playing you for a sucker. Yes, I see the point, but damn it gets negative and boring after a while to hear that same declaration over and over again.

Then G4 says in a pm "there is this other site I'm active on" ... I'm thinking "good for you G4, I'm fine here" ... (more negativity, more advice to drop Nui and move on, when all I can see are her two beautiful, loving, glowing eyes, and all I can hear is her laughter and joy) .... "Its a good site, VG, just a few members right now, but its growing, and its so positive and encouraging .. I've gotten a lot of help there" ... hmmm ... "ya but this site is fine" .... thread comment: Why would you see the same girl the entire trip??? What is wrong with you? This is all about variety! ..... "G4, what was the address of that site again? Thai-dreaming.com? ... ok thanks" ....

I've never been sorry for a second after my first read thru of the posts on this site. Oh, I've had my ups and downs ... I got beat up pretty damn badly over my personal dilemma thread, but it wasn't anything that I didn't ask for, and I was 100% appreciative of the honesty .... it did almost make me quit message boards altogether for a couple of weeks tho, until I was able to process everything and get it in perspective. I'm no further ahead in my own mind on that btw, and I still have the same mantra: "Lets see how this trip goes, I'll know a lot more at the end of it." All I know is at this point I'm more excited about seeing Nui again, then I am about going to Thailand for my second time. I have a ton of stuff planned, tours booked, ancient civilizations to uncover ... but the thing that really pulls at my heart is seeing those eyes again ... hearing that voice again ... feeling my arms wrapped around her again ...

Most of all, I've learned the other side of the story here on TD. The guys who have met the girl of their dreams in LOS, and what that means to them now. I've even heard from some of the ladies themselves, and I could never imagine that happening on the other site ... not with the things that are said there about TG's. I've even heard of the struggles and the disappointments, along with the advice and the encouragements.

I still have no idea where my own situation is going to go. Its a daily question, one that is everpresent, running over and over in my brain. Wait until this trip is over .... wait until I have been able to spend another three weeks with Nui .... see if the magic is still there ... see how she acts, what she asks for, how the visit with her family and her village goes ... I hope I'll know a lot more by the time I get back home on August 9.

One thing I know ... when I share my thoughs on TD, I am going to get reasoned and encouraging responses .. honest and sometimes hard-hitting .. but well-intentioned. That is why I stay, and that is why this is home.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    What a great bunch of people on Thai Dreaming. I for one think I am blessed to find this small community. I often wonder how many potentially great relationships have failed because of information put out in other places?
    I always think that we do not need so many friends. Only a few but the good ones .

Quality not quantity! But I am NOT saying that if we have lot of good ones is a bad thing. ^_^
    Annie likes this.

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    An over ?? 5 day test match ... 1 at the stumps, bouncers coming in from multiple pitch's at the same time........555555555
    She look very pretty, cute little face in the photo and look tall too, as I am a shorty (do not get it wrong) ha ha fftopic:

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    I have to say that in many, many ways I am greatly indebted to that other site. It was the place I found that was a gold mine in the few days I had to plan my first venture into the Land of Smiles, and without them I would have been a lost puppy. So much advice, so much encouragement and so many tips gained from countless other threads. My TR got a very encouraging response, and tho there were a few harsh critics, by and large it was well received and encouraged me to always write the next installment, even while getting over my battle with mono. I'm still very pulled, and I'll be honest with you now, as I've told G4, I'll very likely be posting my next TR simultaneously on both sites, as that is where I posted my first one, and I know there are friends there who will want to read it.

On the other hand, much of the advice there I largely ignored after I discovered I had struck gold with the "second" girl I met in LOS. It was not my "game plan", nor was I really looking for anyone to capture my heart at any point on my two week vacation. I was going to be footloose and fancy free ... mongering to my heart's content ... as many meaningless one-night-stands as I could pack into 14 days ... etc etc. It all changed when I turned and looked over my right shoulder into the smiling, laughing eyes of the girl that still holds my heart in her hands.

At that point, things changed on that other site for many ... I had committed the cardinal sin and actually gotten attached emotionally to a TG. Heaven forbid! She would ruin my life, take all my money, break my heart, give me an STD, along with the 8 or so other guys who sponsor her for thousands of baht/month .... and all this before breakfast!! As I read other threads, I kept seeing the same advice ... bed 'em, but don't get stuck on one. Have your fun, pay as little as you can, but realize its "all a fantasy" and they are all just playing you for a sucker. Yes, I see the point, but damn it gets negative and boring after a while to hear that same declaration over and over again.

Then G4 says in a pm "there is this other site I'm active on" ... I'm thinking "good for you G4, I'm fine here" ... (more negativity, more advice to drop Nui and move on, when all I can see are her two beautiful, loving, glowing eyes, and all I can hear is her laughter and joy) .... "Its a good site, VG, just a few members right now, but its growing, and its so positive and encouraging .. I've gotten a lot of help there" ... hmmm ... "ya but this site is fine" .... thread comment: Why would you see the same girl the entire trip??? What is wrong with you? This is all about variety! ..... "G4, what was the address of that site again? Thai-dreaming.com? ... ok thanks" ....

I've never been sorry for a second after my first read thru of the posts on this site. Oh, I've had my ups and downs ... I got beat up pretty damn badly over my personal dilemma thread, but it wasn't anything that I didn't ask for, and I was 100% appreciative of the honesty .... it did almost make me quit message boards altogether for a couple of weeks tho, until I was able to process everything and get it in perspective. I'm no further ahead in my own mind on that btw, and I still have the same mantra: "Lets see how this trip goes, I'll know a lot more at the end of it." All I know is at this point I'm more excited about seeing Nui again, then I am about going to Thailand for my second time. I have a ton of stuff planned, tours booked, ancient civilizations to uncover ... but the thing that really pulls at my heart is seeing those eyes again ... hearing that voice again ... feeling my arms wrapped around her again ...

Most of all, I've learned the other side of the story here on TD. The guys who have met the girl of their dreams in LOS, and what that means to them now. I've even heard from some of the ladies themselves, and I could never imagine that happening on the other site ... not with the things that are said there about TG's. I've even heard of the struggles and the disappointments, along with the advice and the encouragements.

I still have no idea where my own situation is going to go. Its a daily question, one that is everpresent, running over and over in my brain. Wait until this trip is over .... wait until I have been able to spend another three weeks with Nui .... see if the magic is still there ... see how she acts, what she asks for, how the visit with her family and her village goes ... I hope I'll know a lot more by the time I get back home on August 9.

One thing I know ... when I share my thoughs on TD, I am going to get reasoned and encouraging responses .. honest and sometimes hard-hitting .. but well-intentioned. That is why I stay, and that is why this is home.
    I was not going to read this post because of it is very long and I am tried. But then Mr M standing behind and said. I should read this post!

So I did . And I am glad I did. And I am glad (again) that you like it here and happy.

I am very happy for you that you see the good side of the other site and feel grateful.

In Thailand we have a strong believe that if anyone do good things for us no matter what, we should be greatful and if we could repay back one day with whatever. It is a beautiful thing. But it is not something that we MUST do to repay back but if we could its a thing that we should do.

I am NOT saying that you should or have to repay them back &_^. I am just trying to explain the word "grateful" or "สำนึกบุญคุณ" in Thai. Its quite hard to find these day actualy. The world changed, people chaged! God I am getting serious again haha.

Back to our "Thai-dreaming" forum. Yes you got that right. We will listen to you and try to help but sometime it might come in different form "hit hard" but mean well. We have a Thai saying "ติเพื่อก่อ", which is mean "comment for a good change or for better improve".

We are friends, thats all

VG one thing we do not want is you to quit and that would have been sad.
    The questions you asked were hard questions ones that will yet to be played out for you.
    I can imagine the inner termoil your feeling...So much to lose no matter what your decision.
    If we made you think and made you feel uncomfortable prob hitting the nail on the head.55555
    Being fore armed with clearer thought can only help.
    Here to help with your process not to judge you mate.
    Some here are well qualified to assist.55555555

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    VG one thing we do not want is you to quit and that would have been sad.
    The questions you asked were hard questions ones that will yet to be played out for you.
    I can imagine the inner termoil your feeling...So much to lose no matter what your decision.
    If we made you think and made you feel uncomfortable prob hitting the nail on the head.55555
    Being fore armed with clearer thought can only help.
    Here to help with your process not to judge you mate.
    Some here are well qualified to assist.55555555
    Wabs, I assure you the inclination to "quit message boards" was not because I had any bad feelings about any of the members on this board ... it was just the depth of the emotions I was going through at the time, and having to deal with them, and rethink them, after each and every post .... it just got too heavy on me mentally and emotionally. When I am ready to make any big decisions, you all will be the first to know.
    wabbits likes this.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    VG, I'm guessing the road ahead of you will have many twists and turns... I wish you all the best on that road

Wabs, I assure you the inclination to "quit message boards" was not because I had any bad feelings about any of the members on this board ... it was just the depth of the emotions I was going through at the time, and having to deal with them, and rethink them, after each and every post .... it just got too heavy on me mentally and emotionally. When I am ready to make any big decisions, you all will be the first to know.
    Not all bad but being torn is mate......You have only one life mate do not die with what if on your lips.
    Here to help if we can.....As excitement builds not long to your in country.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    You really know how to put words down on paper VG, your style of writing is brilliant.

All I can say is have a great trip, dont think to much and enjoy yourself 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    You really know how to put words down on paper VG, your style of writing is brilliant.

All I can say is have a great trip, dont think to much and enjoy yourself 555
    Same Same here VG, have a great time, and just go with the flow.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    I loved the romance of your TR over there VG. I think I commented often about that. Didn't know about your personal situation until you posted about that over here. No grief from me, just sympathy to how complicated the future may be. I for one, hope your trip exceeds your expectations (somehow I think it will) and I also believe you are wise enough to take the correct road when the time comes. Have a great trip, we are all looking foreward to hearing about it. Don't forget the pics!!!

I also still post over there and enjoy some of the reading. We also learnt a lot from the other site, but I will also add this site is a bit special and one you should be proud of.