Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By justcruzing1
  • 2 Post By jontymate
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By jontymate

Thread: Spirits and Ghost and the Spirit House.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

Spirits and Ghost and the Spirit House.

One of the hurdles we face is our different opinions on Ghosts and Sprits.

I have even put a “Sprit house” in the front and had the appropriate ceremony done.
    Much to the amusement of the street. A man with a shaven head. In a funny yellow attire, chanting and throwing water over our new concrete bird feeder.

What would you think if TG came to you with the following symptoms?

Sharp pain running down through her backside down the back of her leg. The day before she had been playing football (The Round Ball Kind) with the kids and got knocked over on her cute little bum.

I would say that her spine was pinching on the sciatic nerve??????

No, not TG diagnosis. It was cause by an evil spirit trying to kill her. The solution was to take back from me the Buddha that she gave me when we met (Given to her as an infant)and we must go and purchase a “lower “ Spirit house.

Has anyone had similar and how was it dealt with? Don’t get me wrong I can live with it easy. I am just worried about when it is something serious and needs medical attention.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    One of the hurdles we face is our different opinions on Ghosts and Sprits.

I have even put a “Sprit house” in the front and had the appropriate ceremony done.
    Much to the amusement of the street. A man with a shaven head. In a funny yellow attire, chanting and throwing water over our new concrete bird feeder.

What would you think if TG came to you with the following symptoms?

Sharp pain running down through her backside down the back of her leg. The day before she had been playing football (The Round Ball Kind) with the kids and got knocked over on her cute little bum.

I would say that her spine was pinching on the sciatic nerve??????

No, not TG diagnosis. It was cause by an evil spirit trying to kill her. The solution was to take back from me the Buddha that she gave me when we met (Given to her as an infant)and we must go and purchase a “lower “ Spirit house.

Has anyone had similar and how was it dealt with? Don’t get me wrong I can live with it easy. I am just worried about when it is something serious and needs medical attention.
    Find a bald doctor that likes wearing yellow attire...555
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Very hard to have doors shut in house so Phee can not hide.....Swimming in ocean, "what about water phee.??"
    "Phee live in Australia?"..............."No only in LOS".
    "Dont beleive you".

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Very hard to have doors shut in house so Phee can not hide.....Swimming in ocean, "what about water phee.??"
    "Phee live in Australia?"..............."No only in LOS".
    "Dont beleive you".

I have to admit it, I pee in the water when I swim in ocean 555555
    wabbits and jontymate like this.

First time TG sees snow in NZ I tell her to be careful of the yellow snow it phee!

The little teak house that is out the front has taken on a new meaning for me. My grandfather attended the ceremony for it's installation. He pulled me aside and said why why why. He was one of the few that did not approve of me marring Dao. I lost him a few weeks ago at 92. When he realise he was at the point of no return he ask Dao and I to make room for him in that house.

Dao just simply said " you always special and I want to take care of you but not let any family do this for you. I can now take you for ever"

I can now put up with Phee
    Quarky and Minder like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Phee are a constant in our life.
    When the kids were little and wanted to go outside at night they would ask "Can you come with me?".
    I of course would ask why, "In case there are ghosts".
    My response would be don't be silly, there are no such things.
    Today TG asks that and I just get up from what I am doing and go with her like its absolutely normal. Maybe the kids were right all along.
    Minder likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Its coming in my TR. But My first official visit in the rice village in Isaan was to the local medicine man (relative). I had to wait respectfully for him, as he had a waiting list of one very worried mum and perhaps 5 year old daughter. I watched from a respectful distance and understood from the physical language that the 5 year old had a sore left arm. He put some things into his mouthand some liquid and then chanted something while clasping the 5 year olds hands, if she got distracted by the big white farang she got a sharp word and then totally focused on the MM. He then pulled her arm straight and while she grimaced she said nothing and he spray painted her arm with the brew he had been chewing.

The Mother was Waing and thanking him profusely...

He blessed me in a smilar solemn and respectful fashion then sat back and ignored his neice and me as if we did not exist.....

Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Mrs M's paternal granny passed away not long after we last visited her in Nakon Sawan in February - she died the day we got back to Oz.

Mrs M built a shrine to her and prayed to it each day for the period whilst the body would have been kept prior to the funeral (5 days? a week?). I came home one day and the shrine was gone and Mrs M explained that granny was "really gone now".

It seemed to me a nice respectful and not over-thoe-top way of mourning the passing of the woman who raised her after her mother died.

RIP Granny, you lasted 93 years in that environment, my respect for you was/is genuine.

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Phee are a constant in our life.
    When the kids were little and wanted to go outside at night they would ask "Can you come with me?".
    I of course would ask why, "In case there are ghosts".
    My response would be don't be silly, there are no such things.
    Today TG asks that and I just get up from what I am doing and go with her like its absolutely normal. Maybe the kids were right all along.
    Probably the biggest disagreement Mrs M and I have over the whole "phee" thing is her insistence that all "phee" are trying to harm you in some way.

Some of the people who have passed from my life are the kindest I have ever known - to me the idea that their spirits now roam the earth harming others is beyond ludicrous.

During our discussions on this point if I ever speak out loud my wish that those ghosts are actually still here watching over us, it is enough to send Mrs M to go hide under the bed covers... (;-)

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Probably the biggest disagreement Mrs M and I have over the whole "phee" thing is her insistence that all "phee" are trying to harm you in some way.

Some of the people who have passed from my life are the kindest I have ever known - to me the idea that their spirits now roam the earth harming others is beyond ludicrous.

During our discussions on this point if I ever speak out loud my wish that those ghosts are actually still here watching over us, it is enough to send Mrs M to go hide under the bed covers... (;-)

Enjoy

Same same. Gets sick or a pain and phee trying to get her. Or some one put a spell on her.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Same same. Gets sick or a pain and phee trying to get her. Or some one put a spell on her.
    Jesus Jonty, you have to stop pointing the bone at the poor girl... Wake up Australia!

Might have to send the Gadaicha man around for a visit to straighten you out!

Or if it is geting out of hand i will bring my Didge (Yidaki) up and do a smoking ceremony. Youve got the clap
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

sticks or the Boomerangs and a bull roarer?

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Jesus Jonty, you have to stop pointing the bone at the poor girl... Wake up Australia!

Might have to send the Gadaicha man around for a visit to straighten you out!

Or if it is geting out of hand i will bring my Didge (Yidaki) up and do a smoking ceremony. Youve got the clap
    fftopic:

Many years ago I had a mate who'd spent eight years as the Police Sergeant at Elliot in the Northern Territory (one man station) - he always made sure that every Abo within a thousand miles knew he was on good terms with the local "feather foot" (Kadaicha man or witch doctor). It did half his job for him.

According to him, once threatened with that even the drunkest want-to-fight-you Boong would be scrambling out of the back of the police van calling you "sir" and apologising for his previous behaviour.

He told stories about the "bush telegraph" of leaving the station in the middle of the night to try and surprise some isolated mission a few hundred kilometres away - only to arrive at dawn to find the locals expecting him

Twice in his career he examined dead abos with not a scratch on them - no reason to be dead except they had had the bone pointed at them.

As he said to me, "I don't know if its real but I know what I saw."

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    fftopic:

Many years ago I had a mate who'd spent eight years as the Police Sergeant at Elliot in the Northern Territory (one man station) - he always made sure that every Abo within a thousand miles knew he was on good terms with the local "feather foot" (Kadaicha man or witch doctor). It did half his job for him.

According to him, once threatened with that even the drunkest want-to-fight-you Boong would be scrambling out of the back of the police van calling you "sir" and apologising for his previous behaviour.

He told stories about the "bush telegraph" of leaving the station in the middle of the night to try and surprise some isolated mission a few hundred kilometres away - only to arrive at dawn to find the locals expecting him

Twice in his career he examined dead abos with not a scratch on them - no reason to be dead except they had had the bone pointed at them.

As he said to me, "I don't know if its real but I know what I saw."

Enjoy.
    Concur Minder, spent some weeks in NE Arnhem land with a mate who flew for the coproration and lived with the locals. Land Point A and soon dark figures living off the land turn up with a turtle. Land Point B same folks turning up with bush tucker.

He says fkn great, there must be ceremony somewhere and nobody told me, we'll never get off the ground with all this tucker. I said well how do they know given that they were hundreds of Ks apart without radios living of the land. Bush telegraph....

When they first meet you it is an insult to look you straight in the eyes. I could go on. But Off Topic..

Koh Samet I think this was taken and my little casper reading the menu.

Spot likes this.

Deleted because it doubled up
    Last edited by jontymate; 17th June 2012 at 11:12.