Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By jontymate
  • 1 Post By Annie
  • 1 Post By Gazmac
  • 3 Post By Quarky

Thread: What my TG has done for my family.

  1. #1
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,961

    What my TG has done for my family.

    What my TG has done for my family.

    Much is said about what we do for TG and their families. Not much is written what TG does for Farang families. I will share one simple things out of the many TG has done for mine.

    TG is settled after some hard times and confident with her input into my family.
    She asks have I phoned my mother and sister lately. I say I will get to that, they have their own lives to lead.

    With a grin TG says I know your mum would like to hear from you. Yes I will get to that I am too busy at work right now. I have to take care of you, my children and your family also!!!

    TG announces that she has invited my parents and my sister and her children for a BBQ that weekend.

    I panic a little because I am not use to having them over on such short notice. The only thing I do not panic about is my house is as clean as clean could be.

    TG welcomes my family with the usually feast toned down for their liking. This is all while she keeps a 38 + hour a week job.

    Well we all had something to eat and a few drinks. We started to talk about our childhood and the holidays we spent by the beach. It does not really matter where but it was the surf side of Bribie Island. (Or is that Iceland)

    We talked about the fun times we spent as a family. TG says I have never seen this place let’s do it again now I am family too. (She is a little more out spoken at this stage) I see all the smiles on your faces why not do it again all together then have a big smile you can all talk about again next time.

    We all made the excuses that we are too busy blah blah. TG says let’s make a plan, Jonty has told me you have to make plans to get somewhere in life. I will give you a date in 3 months’ time and I hope you are free for all to go. TG girl went around and made sure that each person had nothing else on.

    When there was a conflict in times she kept going until we all found a mutual date. (That trait I first admired about her for BTW)

    It was just a long weekend we spent together in a caravan park. The place where we spent holidays as a family growing up that we had fond memories of.

    When we got there we all first complained about the fact we had a shower block to share and our accommodation was substandard (a hired caravan that we loved as children).

    TG left us to talk about the accommodation and had taken all the kids to the beach. She still cannot swim well to this day. So I went to the beach.

    What I had found was 5 children ranging from the ages of 16 down to 3 years old. TG had assigned older ones to look after the younger ones. She was trying her hand at Beach Cricket. I went and retrieved the rest of the family to the beach. We all spent the rest of the day on the beach playing cricket and then football (various kinds). Built sand castles with the children. Went collecting shells. Showed the children how to get pipis etc.
    That evening the BBQ was fired up. The children went spotlighting. Once again the older ones looking after the younger ones. The children arrived back when all the food was prepared.

    There was much joking and laughter the kids were tired but happy. All without a single Ipod, DX. Etc.
    We all took turns at taking various children to the shower block and getting them ready for bed. When it was bed time for the children including the older ones they all were asleep within 20 minutes. They were tired and so were the adults.

    Adults were in wind down mode. Just sitting around and talking. There was never another discussion about the sub-standard accommodation. It was all based around how much fun we were having. TG says “I smart girl. You all have a big smile talk together”

    TG’s family values had rubbed off with her showing the way. She had lost a lot of the “Up to You” and started to gently and kindly steer my family together.

    It it now a designated yearly event only just a little bit more comfortable surroundings.
    Last edited by jontymate; 15th July 2011 at 12:42.

  2. #2
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,100
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    What my TG has done for my family.

    There was much joking and laughter the kids were tired but happy. All without a single Ipod, DX. Etc.

    When it was bed time for the children including the older ones they all were asleep within 20 minutes.

    Adults were in wind down mode. Just sitting around and talking. There was never another discussion about the sub-standard accommodation. It was all based around how much fun we were having. TG says “I smart girl. You all have a big smile talk together”

    TG’s family values had rubbed off with her showing the way. She had lost a lot of the “Up to You” and started to gently and kindly steer my family together.

    It it now a designated yearly event only just a little bit more comfortable surroundings.
    Brilliant Jonty...coming from a camping background myself and then taking my kids on many camping trips, boating trips etc i can relate to this story so much....Now its in my kids blood and they will continue it on.....screw the computers, ipods, gaming etc....back to basics created some of my kids fondest memories.

    And just when for you, it could of all being lost, along comes you TG to put it all back together again.

    Brilliant
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  3. #3
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,100
    Ohh and one more thing ...great thread BTW.......i love balance in life and thats what this thread has the potential to create.... some balance
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  4. #4
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Ohh and one more thing ...great thread BTW.......i love balance in life and thats what this thread has the potential to create.... some balance
    Balance is what it all about.

  5. #5
    Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Age
    51
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    TG says “I smart girl. You all have a big smile talk together”
    Put a big grin on my face

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,732
    Just goes to show how smart, and perceptive they can be.

    Loved the whole thing.

  7. #7
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,256
    Me to big smile.....Funny how they bring things together.
    I know Joy has only wanted to bring mine together but some of my family members have had other ideas...In the end it is they that miss out.
    Joys family have looked after me so well i would have loved the same here.
    Though in saying that she has adopted my Dad...My dad not yours.55555
    .

  8. #8
    Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,617
    Jonty, your TG is one amazing lady, Thai or otherwise. Not every TG could pull that off, or would even try, I suspect. What a treasure you have found in her ... or from your story, was it she that found you? 555
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

  9. #9
    Mrs M.
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    What my TG has done for my family.

    Much is said about what we do for TG and their families. Not much is written what TG does for Farang families. I will share one simple things out of the many TG has done for mine.

    TG is settled after some hard times and confident with her input into my family.
    She asks have I phoned my mother and sister lately. I say I will get to that, they have their own lives to lead.

    With a grin TG says I know your mum would like to hear from you. Yes I will get to that I am too busy at work right now. I have to take care of you, my children and your family also!!!

    TG announces that she has invited my parents and my sister and her children for a BBQ that weekend.

    I panic a little because I am not use to having them over on such short notice. The only thing I do not panic about is my house is as clean as clean could be.

    TG welcomes my family with the usually feast toned down for their liking. This is all while she keeps a 38 + hour a week job.

    Well we all had something to eat and a few drinks. We started to talk about our childhood and the holidays we spent by the beach. It does not really matter where but it was the surf side of Bribie Island. (Or is that Iceland)

    We talked about the fun times we spent as a family. TG says I have never seen this place let’s do it again now I am family too. (She is a little more out spoken at this stage) I see all the smiles on your faces why not do it again all together then have a big smile you can all talk about again next time.

    We all made the excuses that we are too busy blah blah. TG says let’s make a plan, Jonty has told me you have to make plans to get somewhere in life. I will give you a date in 3 months’ time and I hope you are free for all to go. TG girl went around and made sure that each person had nothing else on.

    When there was a conflict in times she kept going until we all found a mutual date. (That trait I first admired about her for BTW)

    It was just a long weekend we spent together in a caravan park. The place where we spent holidays as a family growing up that we had fond memories of.

    When we got there we all first complained about the fact we had a shower block to share and our accommodation was substandard (a hired caravan that we loved as children).

    TG left us to talk about the accommodation and had taken all the kids to the beach. She still cannot swim well to this day. So I went to the beach.

    What I had found was 5 children ranging from the ages of 16 down to 3 years old. TG had assigned older ones to look after the younger ones. She was trying her hand at Beach Cricket. I went and retrieved the rest of the family to the beach. We all spent the rest of the day on the beach playing cricket and then football (various kinds). Built sand castles with the children. Went collecting shells. Showed the children how to get pipis etc.
    That evening the BBQ was fired up. The children went spotlighting. Once again the older ones looking after the younger ones. The children arrived back when all the food was prepared.

    There was much joking and laughter the kids were tired but happy. All without a single Ipod, DX. Etc.
    We all took turns at taking various children to the shower block and getting them ready for bed. When it was bed time for the children including the older ones they all were asleep within 20 minutes. They were tired and so were the adults.

    Adults were in wind down mode. Just sitting around and talking. There was never another discussion about the sub-standard accommodation. It was all based around how much fun we were having. TG says “I smart girl. You all have a big smile talk together”

    TG’s family values had rubbed off with her showing the way. She had lost a lot of the “Up to You” and started to gently and kindly steer my family together.

    It it now a designated yearly event only just a little bit more comfortable surroundings.
    Can you please give my messege to Dao, is she Dao? yes she is (if I am not wrong).

    Can I just say something here, its kind of bother me a little. I think when you talk about you girlfriend, wife. you can mention them as "my girlfriend or my wife" instead of my TG. I feel funny about it, its something to do with respecting. Like hey I got a name too ..you know
    But its up to you just a thought.

    Tell her that "Well done"

    And If you all are not sure why? she did what she did, and do what still doing this sort of things to bring the family together.

    Its because in Thai culture family is always closed to each other. And we had brought up this way.

    And It make me smile that she invited your whole family to your place for BBQ. Mr M would kill me for that . I would probably try if they are not far away 555.
    Its not that his family are not very closed. His mother and him are best friends.

    I often say to him that I wish me and my Dad could talk to each other like the way him and his mother do. She is very much a LADY, and very SMART one. She knows just about everything he is telling her, internet, facebook, iphone, etc. And the fun that they are having when they talk make me very jealous

    My dad does not know much about technology and he does not seem to interested. And he also does not have much of the humor. He just a regular respectful old Thai man ^_^. Which made me who i am today.

    have a good night.

  10. #10
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Jonty, your TG is one amazing lady, Thai or otherwise. Not every TG could pull that off, or would even try, I suspect. What a treasure you have found in her ... or from your story, was it she that found you? 555
    To be Honest. She found a farang that ticked most of the boxes on the list. She just made it work after that.
    Last edited by jontymate; 16th July 2011 at 08:16.

  11. #11
    Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    630
    Such a great great thread. I have a story to add, but too many wines in pub on a Sunday afternoon will make it easier to tell you the rest later.
    Btw I think 'my TG' as a Compliment, almost a pedestal to put them on. I can understand Mrs M not quite seeing that compliment. Believe me, we strive to live to your beliefs.

    See, far tooooo many wines 5555555
    wabbits likes this.

  12. #12
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Such a great great thread. I have a story to add, but too many wines in pub on a Sunday afternoon will make it easier to tell you the rest later.
    Btw I think 'my TG' as a Compliment, almost a pedestal to put them on. I can understand Mrs M not quite seeing that compliment. Believe me, we strive to live to your beliefs.

    See, far tooooo many wines 5555555
    If Thai Girl = TG, what does Annie =


    EG or PG or UKG, im confused 555


    You can't be a Britian Girl because BG is already taken 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  13. #13
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,256
    ^ Sometimes the best threads are started after a few wines..........I can always save the world with my amazing ideas.5555555555
    .

  14. #14
    Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    2,059
    When my TG ( Tane )came here , my mother gathered my whole family together for a BBQ to meet her ! this hadn't happened for as few years where we were all in the same place at same time ! So he simply being here , brought my whole family together ! Yes my mother loves her !
    Arliss Michaels likes this.

  15. #15
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    If Thai Girl = TG, what does Annie =


    EG or PG or UKG, im confused 555


    You can't be a Britian Girl because BG is already taken 555
    FG = Farang Girl = Annie
    PatongBeachBoy, Gazmac and Rivo like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  16. #16
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    I don't know how i missed this one, but it was a good read. I had a smile on my face the whole time also. I know everytime i talk about moving house (yes I live with my parents) Noy will say "We not move far from mum and dad" I would have to say just in her everyday activities, she has brought my family closer and I think it will continue that way. You can shoose your friend, but family you arwe stuck with for life. Why not make the most of that. I can't wait for the warmer weather to Take Noy old to experience Camping, Australian Style. I love camping, get away from everyday life and not have a worry in the world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •